Da'Rick Rogers

He can beat anyone deep, something Jones couldn't do.

That's true and it makes him an incredibly dangerous threat. But unlike a lot of guys he has the speed and the size to do both so technically I guess he's this years version of GJ and DM.

That's true and it makes him an incredibly dangerous threat. But unlike a lot of guys he has the speed and the size to do both so technically I guess he's this years version of GJ and DM.

He has a ton of potential. From a physical and athletic standpoint, he is one of the most impressive WRs to come through here in awhile.

If you think he has a tight end's body then you are an idiot
Posted via VolNation Mobile

6'3 220 lbs A lot of D1 TE's are barely bigger.

1. Orson Charles- 6'3 235 lbs
2. Brandon Barden- 6'5 240 lbs
3. Jordan Reed- 6'3 235 lbs
4. Trey Burton- 6'2 222 lbs
5. Deangelo Peterson- 6'4 235 lbs

All of these guys are SEC TE's. You must be the idiot.

To be fair, that's also Andre Johnson size, and nobody confuses him with a TE. Also, I think all the TEs on the roster at UT are over 250 (and have been for some time).

Yeah, but the way of the spread has killed traditional TE's. I wasn't saying he could play TE, but rather he has the size of one.

Yeah, but the way of the spread has killed traditional TE's. I wasn't saying he could play TE, but rather he has the size of one.

And I think he shouldn't have called you an idiot. But he's definitely not the size of a Tennessee TE, and even though there are some smaller TEs elsewhere in the SEC, I don't think anyone would look at Da'Rick and confuse him with anything but a WR.

And I think he shouldn't have called you an idiot. But he's definitely not the size of a Tennessee TE, and even though there are some smaller TEs elsewhere in the SEC, I don't think anyone would look at Da'Rick and confuse him with anything but a WR.

Agreed, but his size and strength are comparable to TE's in today's game. Heck, Orson Charles, the #1 TE in the conference is barely bigger than him.

That's not even what im saying, you originally said, " he's a tight end playing wide receiver" ...my only point is that he is 100% wr...that is all...don't blow it out of context because you're defensive height and weight are not everything
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Obviously I never should have opened my mouth(typed)

Last edited:
Everyone stealing my Randy Moss and T.O. comparisions for Hunter and Rogers I see lol

All this wining about Te/Wr has gotta stop
6537c2f8ea6886c190068bb4edc43a42.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care which one out preforms the other, both are gonna contribute big time! My money is still on Hunter though.

Spread formation TE is way different than the TE's we recruit. We want old school big mf'in tight ends to both block and catch the ball.

Da'Rick is a beast. I am excited to see what he will do this year. Guy has the talent to be the next great SEC receiver.

No doubt our 2 starting outside WR's can become something really special and that's exciting.

What's even more exciting is what we can become with a slot reciever that's fast and catches well and a breakout TE that can also catch well.

Bray will then have good targets all over the field and defending our passing game will become a nightmare.

That will spread the field alot more and open things up for our running game to do much better this season too.

We honestly could be looking as the begining of something really special again for our Vols.

I can't wait to watch it all come together and evolve.

VFL...GO BIG ORANGE!!!

And don't "play close to the vest" with the offense in the first two games ... shake out the full play book, try out everything, and then dare Florida to defend it all.

VN Store

Back