Danny White to USC? Rumor mill is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are too gullible. This originated from a tweet by a fake reporter named Richard West on twitter. One random tweet by some troll has Tennessee freaking out because they don't know how to fact check.
Near as I can tell, they only people discussing this are on this web site and those folks responding to that tweet. Are things that boring this off season?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Folks who live in California (and aren't trying to escape) tend to think California is paradise. They say things like, "a 10 anywhere else is at best an 8 in Los Angeles," and, "California is the most progressive state on almost all social issues; the rest of the country follows our lead," and "being surrounded by famous people makes California an unequaled living environment."

What they don't realize is fake boobs, fake hair, and fake lips are not adored by most normal folks. What they don't realize is, much of the country looks at California's social policies in disdain. What they don't realize is, a lot of people could care less about fame, in fact see it as counter-productive to daily harmony.

In other words, what Californians believe makes California awesome is the very same stuff that makes much of the country see California as a land of broken toys.

Californians think the rest of us just don't get it. The rest of us think Californians just don't get it.

That won't change, even with all the arguments both ways in this thread.

The good news is, I think Dan White sees the world more like the majority of us than like the majority of Californians.

Go Vols!

p.s. Yes, I meant to say "Californians" and not just "Los Angeleans." Northern California is entirely different, agreed. But much of the state is caught up in the frenzy of Orange County. I lived in Monterey, more than 5 hours north, and found the people there completely caught up in the LA outlook. So my apologies to those living north of Sacramento; otherwise, think this is a fair depiction of most folks in the state.

Note: some of these thoughts apply to NYC residents, too. They have a harsher accent and endure brutal winters, but tend also to see their nightlife-filled streets as the ultimate goal of all the "farmers" who fill up the "overflight states" that make up most of the country between them and LA.
Do I get to post something different as a semi-brief former resident? Because I think that you are completely clueless as to why Californians love California.

I lived there from 2011-2015 after not quite 4 decades in Knoxville (Army brat before that.) What I loved about Cali (San Francisco Bay Area) was the weather, the geography, the weather, the people (normal people, with original lips, boobs, and whatever, including the married gays who live normal married lives including grumping about whose turn it is to mow the yard), the weather, and yes - the social views, some more geography, ...

--btw, I would note that relatively few people in Monterey are born-and-raised. They tend to bring their weirdnesses with them.

We were very much not a part of the semi-mythical Chardonnay and brie crowd. We gardened in pots on the deck in our rental. I sang in the church choir (yes, people do attend church in California.) We hiked in the hills, we visited the wineries, we drove up and down the coast. It was heaven. We moved because my (new) husband was essentially forced out of his corporate job due to the sin of turning 60, which is not uncommon in finance and tech. Amazingly, we couldn't live on my $80k/year working for the San Francisco VA. Also, my commute was freaking brutal. But I would happily return one day if it weren't for my family ties in the southeast; ideally retiring in Pacific Grove and coaxing the bougainvillea to grow over the front porch.

It is a sad fact that in current-day America we tend to believe and then parrot what we're told by our various chosen media. Somehow lived experiences don't matter crap anymore.

btw, I respect you GREATLY as a poster here. But I vehemently disagree with what you posted.

The crime rate in LA is almost half of what it is in Knoxville.
View attachment 553475View attachment 553475
Whoever compiled that stat is a liar, plain and simple. I never saw someone getting his head stomped on at a gas station in the middle of the day in Knoxville or any other city here, and I saw it twice in L.A. Knoxville never had a riot that burned down a significant portion of the city. You can go to downtown L.A. in the middle of the day on a Sunday and see a drug dealer shooting heroin into a homeless addict’s arm. And that was twenty-two years ago - now people are getting carjacked and robbed in the middle of the day on major streets. Whoever fabricated that lie of a stat needs to read what Revelations says about liars.

Whoever compiled that stat is a liar, plain and simple. I never saw someone getting his head stomped on at a gas station in the middle of the day in Knoxville or any other city here, and I saw it twice in L.A. Knoxville never had a riot that burned down a significant portion of the city. You can go to downtown L.A. in the middle of the day on a Sunday and see a drug dealer shooting heroin into a homeless addict’s arm. And that was twenty-two years ago - now people are getting carjacked and robbed in the middle of the day on major streets. Whoever fabricated that lie of a stat needs to read what Revelations says about liars.
not read this'n
What does it say?

Do I get to post something different as a semi-brief former resident? Because I think that you are completely clueless as to why Californians love California.

I lived there from 2011-2015 after not quite 4 decades in Knoxville (Army brat before that.) What I loved about Cali (San Francisco Bay Area) was the weather, the geography, the weather, the people (normal people, with original lips, boobs, and whatever, including the married gays who live normal married lives including grumping about whose turn it is to mow the yard), the weather, and yes - the social views, some more geography, ...

--btw, I would note that relatively few people in Monterey are born-and-raised. They tend to bring their weirdnesses with them.

We were very much not a part of the semi-mythical Chardonnay and brie crowd. We gardened in pots on the deck in our rental. I sang in the church choir (yes, people do attend church in California.) We hiked in the hills, we visited the wineries, we drove up and down the coast. It was heaven. We moved because my (new) husband was essentially forced out of his corporate job due to the sin of turning 60, which is not uncommon in finance and tech. Amazingly, we couldn't live on my $80k/year working for the San Francisco VA. Also, my commute was freaking brutal. But I would happily return one day if it weren't for my family ties in the southeast; ideally retiring in Pacific Grove and coaxing the bougainvillea to grow over the front porch.

It is a sad fact that in current-day America we tend to believe and then parrot what we're told by our various chosen media. Somehow lived experiences don't matter crap anymore.

btw, I respect you GREATLY as a poster here. But I vehemently disagree with what you posted.
*shrug* We have different experiences. It's okay for us not to agree, given that.

You mentioned loving the weather in the San Fransisco area. Reminds me that in Monterey, folks frequently said they have three seasons ... but the changes all happen out under water, in the bay. So the fish get seasons, but the humans have the exact same weather year-round.

And that weather was nice for a couple of months. Then my wife and I started getting itchy, waiting for a change that never came. I remember laying out on the side of a hill, under blankets, on the 4th of July watching thin, misty clouds above us turn colors as the fireworks went off up above them. Heh.

I do think Californians, many of them, are shallow, and think far too highly of themselves and their state. You don't see it that way; that's fine. We can just disagree on this point.

Go Vols!

Reactions: GoVols15

California sucks, and it’s deteriorating rapidly, and I’ve lived in both southern, CA (Huntington Beach) and northern, CA (East Bay area).

When the Okies left dust bowl Oklahoma in the 1930's and migrated to California, Will Rogers said it was a great thing, because it raised the IQ level of both states.

Danny White is in a good position of his own doing. Going to USC right before they head to the Big 10 would be a tough move to orchestrate. He doesn’t seem like a guy who has to take on the next challenge. He has enough of a challenge here in the SEC.

I lived in LA from 1996 thru 2008. I always lived in the South Bay area there. I lived as far north as Culver City/Mar Vista and as far south as Redondo Beach. I still consider LA to be as close to me as my actual hometown there in Nashville. California after decades of Democrat party rule is becoming the very definition of a Marxist encampment. As far as vibe, things to do (where else can you find an over 60 baseball league that plays just down the street from Sony Studios?), people, places, food, culture, education, and The Strand, Venice Beach my actual hang and still am considered one of the surf homies there, and on and on and on it goes as to positives regarding lifestyle.

But getting back to that Marxist thing which is why I left and only return to visit these days. California has become a place where the middle class is dwindling and under assault to be wiped out. The last place I lived in Culver City I had a 6 figure salary, a spouse who was an RN working at Cedars Sinai, and eventually took my blinders off at her urging when she pointed out where we were living we were beginning to have Section 8 living with us as well as we were, working and slaving every day. The one which really gauled her was the Belizian lady and her child which did no work at all living a door down from us, car, and just hanging out taking advantage of every program avialable. So then seeing retirement not being that far away, we had to get out then. Cali has become nothing but the rich and the poor. If you're in the middle class working they're going to take enough from you that you're living the same lifestyle of the poor who contribute nothing. Now the rich doesn't care how much they take, they're rich rich, not what we in the South thinks is rich, they're Speilberg rich. But they've ruined the state as far as a place to live long term, but it has a lot to offer if they get it straightened out. But do not discount living in LA is horrible, it's not if you have the money. You get to ignore the crap on the street but if youmwork for a living you're going to live a miserable life. $8 million you can deal with pretty well on the West side. No Orange County sucks compared to LA County and the West Side.

You are not taking into account his other hires nor his increase in project funding. Sure we are a football school but there was absolutely no one willing to come to that dumpster fire we were at that time.

Had he been hired instead of Curry, we would had been in a much better situation.
Terrible take. Fulmer was a great coach in the 90s. Terrible AD, it's like he wanted Tennessee to fail.

Reactions: onevol74 and OllVol
My wives best friend was a teacher in LA school system for over 30 years and recently retired. Just hearing her accounts of what’s taking place not only in the schools but in the city itself is heartbreaking. Anyone who really thinks LA is a bastion of culture and security is simply fooling themselves. Several churches I know of in the area have had to go to the courts just to worship with freedom. My wife and daughter have visited her a time or two in the past. Definitely will not be going back. The leadership along with NY state CLEARLY is the worst in our nation. Hopefully DW understands all that and will enjoy the state of Tennessee for many years.

The California people who have flocked to my area don't want to go back.

Last edited:
Trojan wire is reporting that USC is offering 8 plus million a year to be their AD. Say it ain’t so!
Three things,
1) Pay the man.
2) If he leaves or stays, I made him millions. Like others.
3) You all will still have me. Unless he copays me from USC.

Don’t fret, I’m a VFL ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back