Danny White hits back

Vol fans everywhere need to shut the hell up bitchin about this guy. He took over the Titantic for heavens sake sinking at a 45degree angle. Now look after 16 months.

Last week some media people were bitchin at him about the BYU game. It makes complete sense to pay $2 mil to complete the contract (BYU fulfilled their part by playing here) and then get $3mil+ from Nashville to play Va there. Net-$1 mil+ and little travel, game inside the state, playing a ACC team & major recruiting area. He’s doing a great job.

I have to agree he has done a superb job so far. But if he and Heupel cannot close the gap on UF, UGA, and Bama in football it will be all for naught. My goal this year is simply beat the spread in football against one of these three. Year three I expect we beat at least one of them.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH, I 'new I wuhn't the ownly ebil purshun en the diegetal wurld.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllVolinGA
I have to agree he has done a superb job so far. But if he and Heupel cannot close the gap on UF, UGA, and Bama in football it will be all for naught. My goal this year is simply beat the spread in football against one of these three. Year three I expect we beat at least one of them.
Calling my shot now.

The Vols take down Florida this year. It is time.

I honestly believe that we'll start out 4-0 and totally shock somebody, maybe UGa.

Starting 4-0 and a WIN over the nasty gaturds I think will seriously motivate more all our coaches and players and make them seriously determined to put our footVOL Team back in the top 15 and maybe higher in the end of season rankings.

I also think that 1 of the goals this season is to get a 3 TD lead as fast as they can and then to cut loose our D to be much more aggressive with more blitzes and for our DB's to take more chances to get more INT's.

We'll get burned now and then but our O will get the ball back more often and will make up for getting burned once in awhile.

Buckle up my friends because this season is going to be lots of fun!

VFL...GBO!!

Might get UF this year...Have to wait awhile on beating the other 2...

Calling my shot now.

The Vols take down Florida this year. It is time.

That’s hardly a stretch. UT is favored and the line will likely increase after Utah and UK get done with us.

I’ll say this much, your big money donors would be wise to let Danny White operate with minimal interference.

For the first time in a long time, UT has an elite AD.

Why exactly has White been superb? I'm perfect OK with the guy--but have to laugh at all the fans who apparently want to believe that White is responsible for Vitello and the baseball team's success--and the success of other coaches who were not hired by him and have been doing a good job for years. I think that is it.

Why exactly has White been superb? I'm perfect OK with the guy--but have to laugh at all the fans who apparently want to believe that White is responsible for Vitello and the baseball team's success--and the success of other coaches who were not hired by him and have been doing a good job for years. I think that is it.

I think TV, for example, would have been successful last year irregularless of who the AD is. The issue would have been would any of the past ADs been able to persuade TV not to pursue other jobs? I'm kinda doubting it. Even Fulmer was willing to let Barnes walk but Boyd wasnt. Hart, Hamilton, etc ready never gave a damn about baseball evidently.

The AD job is alot about managing people with various degrees of ego but they all have egos. This is the most cohensive athletic dept I have seen, from the outside granted, in many years at UT. THAT is where winning starts.

Unfortunately the Vol fan base has had so much to bitch and moan about for so long, a segment of us cant stop even when there's really nothing to complain about at the time.

As if it’s impossible for new leadership to elevate the performance of hires by previous leadership.

You’re not paying attention. The culture of UT’s athletic department is changing before your very eyes…for the better…and you don’t see it.

White is special, be glad he’s in Knoxville and not somewhere else.

As if it’s impossible for new leadership to elevate the performance of hires by previous leadership.

You’re not paying attention. The culture of UT’s athletic department is changing before your very eyes…for the better…and you don’t see it.

White is special, be glad he’s in Knoxville and not somewhere else.
Yup, this athletic department has so much potential and so many resources. We have been awaiting a competent and ambitious young AD who sees that and decides to come here and take the reigns to build a Legacy and a legend. I think we have found him

Vol fans everywhere need to shut the hell up bitchin about this guy. He took over the Titantic for heavens sake sinking at a 45degree angle. Now look after 16 months.

Last week some media people were bitchin at him about the BYU game. It makes complete sense to pay $2 mil to complete the contract (BYU fulfilled their part by playing here) and then get $3mil+ from Nashville to play Va there. Net-$1 mil+ and little travel, game inside the state, playing a ACC team & major recruiting area. He’s doing a great job.
Who is bitching about Danny White?

He honestly hasn't done much, good or bad, to impact the performance of the athletic programs. The two programs people are currently most excited about, basketball and baseball, have head coaches who were hired by Dave Hart and John Currie respectively. The jury is still out on Heupel, who will ultimately determine White's success or failure here.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
White doesn’t Big Boy up the stadium and contract? Vitello’s doing this somewhere else.

I would imagine you probably have complete and extensive knowledge of what an AD does on a day to day basis correct?

He honestly hasn't done much, good or bad, to impact the performance of the athletic programs. The two programs people are currently most excited about, basketball and baseball, have head coaches who were hired by Dave Hart and John Currie respectively. The jury is still out on Heupel, who will ultimately determine White's success or failure here.

This tread is about White responding to a sarcastic tweet by a Vol fan to him. In addition, Last week some media people, and sheep that follow them, were trashing him for buying out of the BYU game and thus "costing us a nice vacation trip to the rockies" (like thats the purpose of UT athletics).....without mentioning once about the probable revenue bonus by doing it. That is the people who are bitchin.....

Again, think back to the complete $hit show UT athletics was in January 2021.....and tell me this thing gets back on track if the AD is on automatic pilot??????

Lots of earlier complaining on here about renovations to Neyland, changes to donation/season ticket plans, ending grandfathered seats, backing out of BYU game, etc.

Currently complaining on the baseball thread about there not being a block party for this weekend

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back