Dangerous SECE Team

It's not a "trick". I went back to when current high school seniors were 3 years old, nobody is going to remember anything before that.
If you intended to stay relevant for our lads, you'd need only go back 4 years. That's the maximum active memory for our seniors.

We're 3-1 over that period.

Go Vols!

Rattler comes back but SCAR got absolutely gutted by transfers after the season I am pretty sure. Even with Rattler back, reality is he was awful last year outside of like 2 games. I’ll give them credit, they played out of their mind and embarrassed us last season. But ultimately they were a very average team. We will return the favor in neyland this year.
3 games at the end of the season (he did well in bowl game against ND) also they booted 2 teams from the playoffs in those games. He threw 8tds and 9 ints in his first 10 games in his last 3 he threw for 10 TDs and 3 ints. so he went from averaging 1 and 1 a game to 3 and 1. Thats a scary thing if the light finally came on for him and afaik they did ok on recruiting offense in their class (14th) and even though the lost 12 players (avg rank 70) in portal they brought in 7 players (avg 76) higher ranked according to on3. By all metrics, they should be a better overall team next year because they only lost one big guy in portal.

I was saying it all year that USCe was a scary team if the light went on for Rattler and boy did it come on for him against us. 1/3 of his TDS for the season were on us. The guy is a headcase and a diva but he is as talented as any QB in the nation. That is the one team I worry about outside of UGA/ Bama LSU on our schedule next season. Florida might be something but they have to prove it.. Kentucky I don't see bringing enough back to make up for Levis being gone. 8-4 is p[probably the floor for next years team barring injuries and if we get a 4th loss its probably against USCe I think we go 2-1 against Bama. Jawja and LSU and IF we take losses elsewhere it will be to the cocks and some random. My way too early prediction for us regular season is 10-2

If you intended to stay relevant for our lads, you'd need only go back 4 years. That's the maximum active memory for our seniors.

We're 3-1 over that period.

Go Vols!
Going in the right direction for sure. I remember football back til I was about 5 though. I remember my Daddy raising cane when Johnny snapped the losing streak to the Bear.

People hyped up Levis but Leary is actually a good QB. They might be decent. Idk what they have around him though.

I'm not expecting "much" outta this season. Kind of an 8-4 ho hum/reload type of year if I'm honest. (imagine saying that 2 years ago lol)

Quite frankly, the only thing I really want this season is to beat the everlasting snot out of the Lamecocks. They need it. Based on two games at the end of the year, their fans are getting waaaaayyyyyy ahead of the cart. They need a pimp slap to remind them of their natural place in the world.
No idea what our record will be. Don’t have a crystal ball. But I expect even greater production increases on BOTH sides of the ball. And on our #1 O that’s a pretty scary thought. Even with Milton playing just above average.

SCAR is an SEC mediocrity. They’re capable of winning big games here and there so they’ve got to be respected. But they can’t put it together every week consistently. So they’re zero threat to the rebuilding Vols and should be treated as such.

Our must win game this year is BAMA. Even if we go ho hum 8-4 as you predict. Beating BAMA keeps the Heup train rolling. Losing to BAMA makes us an also-ran who got lucky.

I’m really not worried about SCAR at home bc they’re the true “also ran” who got lucky last year. I don’t put any more emphasis on that game than I do Vandy and would consider then about the same.

WE beat ourselves going into that SCAR game last year. That’s the ONLY point of emphasis I want our team to have re: SCAR.

I think we can all agree that there should be no mercy against those buffoons.

If Heupel can score 150 on them, I hope he does. . . even if we're smoking them, we have the ball on the 10 yard line and there's only 1 second left in the game, I hope he does whatever it takes to get another score.
I'm good with calling time out, up 30,ball on the 2 ydline 4 seconds left.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I'm more worried about Kentucky than I am South Carolina. Kentucky did well in the transfer portal and it's in Lexington. South Carolina is a good team, but we'll handle them in Knoxville.

I'm not expecting "much" outta this season. Kind of an 8-4 ho hum/reload type of year if I'm honest. (imagine saying that 2 years ago lol)

Quite frankly, the only thing I really want this season is to beat the everlasting snot out of the Lamecocks. They need it. Based on two games at the end of the year, their fans are getting waaaaayyyyyy ahead of the cart. They need a pimp slap to remind them of their natural place in the world.
Reload? We are deeper at almost every position this year lol

No idea what our record will be. Don’t have a crystal ball. But I expect even greater production increases on BOTH sides of the ball. And on our #1 O that’s a pretty scary thought. Even with Milton playing just above average.

SCAR is an SEC mediocrity. They’re capable of winning big games here and there so they’ve got to be respected. But they can’t put it together every week consistently. So they’re zero threat to the rebuilding Vols and should be treated as such.

Our must win game this year is BAMA. Even if we go ho hum 8-4 as you predict. Beating BAMA keeps the Heup train rolling. Losing to BAMA makes us an also-ran who got lucky.

I’m really not worried about SCAR at home bc they’re the true “also ran” who got lucky last year. I don’t put any more emphasis on that game than I do Vandy and would consider then about the same.

WE beat ourselves going into that SCAR game last year. That’s the ONLY point of emphasis I want our team to have re: SCAR.
Don't worry about either of them. Never, ever worry about Kentucky.

It really doesn't matter if the game is in Lexington. That's almost as much our home-field-away-from-home as Vandy's stadium in Nashville. We won the last two times we met in Lexington, and 18 of the last 20.

I would categorize all three of those programs (plus Mizzou) as minor irritants. USCe a bit more dangerous than the other three, as you point out, but only a bit more. Given our new coaching staff, if the lads show up hungry and focused, we win. Every time. Home or away. Against all four. For as far into the future as the eye can see.

The only team that can beat us in any of those four series going forward, is ourselves.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: Woke
Don't worry about either of them. Never, ever worry about Kentucky.

It really doesn't matter if the game is in Lexington. That's almost as much our home-field-away-from-home as Vandy's stadium in Nashville. We won the last two times we met in Lexington, and 18 of the last 20.

I would categorize all three of those programs (plus Mizzou) as minor irritants. USCe a bit more dangerous than the other three, as you point out, but only a bit more. Given our new coaching staff, if the lads show up hungry and focused, we win. Every time. Home or away. Against all four. For as far into the future as the eye can see.

The only team that can beat us in any of those four series going forward, is ourselves.

Go Vols!
👏

I thought I had read somewhere that SC was losing some key pieces this offseason? I only slightly worry about them when we play at their place since we’ve been shaky there the past few years. I’ll probably always worry about Florida until we start beating them consistently. We barely snuck by them last year.

When thinking about these games, I think we need to consider our home field advantage. One of the great things about last year was going undefeated in Neyland. One of the best stats of last year. I hope the trend continues next year. I think it also could potentially make the GA game a more probable win than AL.

We gotta get more pressure on Rattler this season that’s for sure. One weird thing about this South Carolina series is since 2010 each team has alternated 3 win streaks on each other. From 2010-2012 Carolina won three straight from 2013-2015 Tennessee then from 2016-2018 South Carolina again then from from 2019-2021 us so if the pattern holds we won’t get our next win till 2025 over the war chickens. It’s been a very even series since 2005 and the arrival of Spurrier there and when we started our down slide into the abyss of mediocrity. I think that’s over now with Heupel as coach and we beat SC jr by a large margin and get our payback in Neyland next season.
Hmmm.....I see the game next year in Neyland as an absolute disaster for USC. It will be similar to our complete and utter destruction of Arkansas in 2000 after they barely beat us in 1999. It was all out fake field goal, pick 6, pour it on destruction...And that was just in the first quarter!

Reactions: Voldog1998
Hmmm.....I see the game next year in Neyland as an absolute disaster for USC. It will be similar to our complete and utter destruction of Arkansas in 2000 after they barely beat us in 1999. It was all out fake field goal, pick 6, pour it on destruction...And that was just in the first quarter!
I hope so. I will def take a 45 point beat down over those chumps

UGA is a clear Number 1. But after that ??????

UT and USCe both have a claim to the Number 2 spot but UT has question marks and we will see whether last year was a fluke or if Heupel really has a system in place.

Florida is an enormous question mark this year and I suppose could surprise and compete for the number 2 spot with USCe and UT, but I seriously doubt it. More likely we flop around a bit with a solid win along the way and then a series of inexplicable losses, particularly in the latter half of the season when injuries will expose our lack of depth.

It was a perfect storm and an away loss, analogous to the TN Tech loss in baseball. They’re a paper Tiger with a Butch Jones level coach that’s been consistently overhyped. I’ll be disappointed if the Vols don’t win by three scores in Neyland next year.

It's a bit of an insult to Bragga and TnTech baseball to be compared to Beamer and USCe.

Reactions: UTFanHades
The occasional upsets are inevitable. They will happen regardless of what stars are aligned. You just don't want 3 or 4 to happen in the same season or every other season.

UGA is a clear Number 1. But after that ??????

UT and USCe both have a claim to the Number 2 spot but UT has question marks and we will see whether last year was a fluke or if Heupel really has a system in place.

Florida is an enormous question mark this year and I suppose could surprise and compete for the number 2 spot with USCe and UT, but I seriously doubt it. More likely we flop around a bit with a solid win along the way and then a series of inexplicable losses, particularly in the latter half of the season when injuries will expose our lack of depth.
That's easily answered:

1677517664532.png
All the Gamecocks have claim to is an impressive upset.

But wait, you say, that was last year! We're talking about this coming year....

Anyone who pays attention and can be objective about it* (that rules out many Gator fans) knows that the Vols are on the rise with Heupel & Co. The space between us and the teams below us will continue to widen, while the gap between us and UGa will shrink.

Until we pass them. Which could be very soon, or perhaps two or three seasons from now.

Of course, there won't be an East or a West by then. Divisions are going away, potentially as soon as after this year.

But we're coming after them regardless. Coming after championships.

Go Vols!

* Here's the objective measuring stick: the Way-Too-Early 2023 Top 25 lists:
  • Bleacher Report has UGa #1, Vols #12, no one else from SEC-E ranked
  • Saturday Down South says UGa #1, Vols #10, USCe #21
  • ESPN says UGa #1, Vols at #10, no one else ranked
  • 247 Sports has UGa #1, Vols #12, USCe #21

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back