Dangerous SECE Team

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Beyond Georgia, and maybe, maybe, Florida, the most dangerous SEC east team our Vols will face is USCe. Kentucky has to reset, almost all across the board. The gators are currently limping, despite inhibiting a talent rich state. The brother of Tim Burton's and Bob Kane's Joker, is still on SEC training wheels. So, expect USCe to rise, as Rattler seems to be really coming of age under Shane Beamer. As for the Vols, I expect to see CJH's boys to play more aggressively. I believe we have the means to pull off wins using Muhamad Ali technique of pestering jabs to inflict bleeding, while tiring defenses, then plummeting the opponent with FGM-148 strikes. We have the means to do exactly that.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Beyond Georgia, and maybe, maybe, Florida, the most dangerous SEC east team our Vols will face is USCe. Kentucky has to reset, almost all across the board. The gators are currently limping, despite inhibiting a talent rich state. The brother of Tim Burton's and Bob Kane's Joker, is still on SEC training wheels. So, expect USCe to rise, as Rattler seems to be really coming of age under Shane Beamer. As for the Vols, I expect to see CJH's boys to play more aggressively. I believe we have the means to pull off wins using Muhamad Ali technique of pestering jabs to inflict bleeding, while tiring defenses, then plummeting the opponent with FGM-148 strikes. We have the means to do exactly that.
Rather use the Mike Tyson technique of knocking them out early and occasionally biting their ear off.

I don’t care if its Muhammad Ali, Blitzkrieg, Connor McGregor, my 2 year old niece, a monkey, a freight train or a donkey kick is hitting them. Just win.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with your ranking of the East: UGa at top ... FL and USCe next tier ... everyone else in a pile at the bottom of the bargain bin.

The fun thing is, while last season I saw the Gators and Gamecocks both as peer competitors, it doesn't feel quite that way this year. We're in that open space between the Dawgs and them. Not quite as potent as UGa, but ... well ... beyond the other two.

We still gotta beat them, of course. And there's always a significant amount of fuzziness around the edges of college ball teams. Will the lads be focused and disciplined on the day of the game, and in the days leading up to it?

When they do, I think there's only one team in the East that poses great danger. Everyone else, on our best day, we got them.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
We gotta get more pressure on Rattler this season that’s for sure. One weird thing about this South Carolina series is since 2010 each team has alternated 3 win streaks on each other. From 2010-2012 Carolina won three straight from 2013-2015 Tennessee then from 2016-2018 South Carolina again then from from 2019-2021 us so if the pattern holds we won’t get our next win till 2025 over the war chickens. It’s been a very even series since 2005 and the arrival of Spurrier there and when we started our down slide into the abyss of mediocrity. I think that’s over now with Heupel as coach and we beat SC jr by a large margin and get our payback in Neyland next season.

Rattler comes back but SCAR got absolutely gutted by transfers after the season I am pretty sure. Even with Rattler back, reality is he was awful last year outside of like 2 games. I’ll give them credit, they played out of their mind and embarrassed us last season. But ultimately they were a very average team. We will return the favor in neyland this year.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Had the team stayed united and performed as they were capable, UT would have won by 2 scores in 2022. USCe isn't that good. UT's defense didn't try and then Hooker got hurt. If UT plays USCe like they played Clemson - there is a "W" in that column.

Team disruption lead to a defensive let down which I believe sent a clear message to CJH. This, IMHO, translated into a '23 class with significant defensive talent (of all the players ranked 4* and above - 9 in total - 5 are on defense) There are two "athletes" in that group as well and they could be defensive players in the making thus raising the total to 7 out of 9.

I think we can all agree that there should be no mercy against those buffoons.

If Heupel can score 150 on them, I hope he does. . . even if we're smoking them, we have the ball on the 10 yard line and there's only 1 second left in the game, I hope he does whatever it takes to get another score.

SC will win or lose based on Rattler. I don’t have any confidence that he performs well again next year.
Beamer is a used car salesman. He is better than Butch but not by much.
They have a very easy and favorable schedule next year but honestly, absent some really good player development, I don’t see SC making a bowl game

I agree SCAR will be the next best east team besides GA. FL is reminding me of us during our lost years this past decade. Loads of talent, but just not clicking as a unit. I think we should be able to handle them. Hoping for a similar game to LSU this past year.

A little off topic, but does anyone else think Heupel will give SCAR a taste of their own medicine next year? Think about the KY game this year after all the talk of "real football" and how the boys had a slow sustained drive on KY, pushing back on the idea that TN couldn't play "real football". I wouldn't be surprised if Heupel didn't shove a little "beamer ball" down their throats as payback.

I don't know, but I loved the team's response to KY and expect a similar thrashing of SCAR next year. Neyland is going to be nuts and will make it as difficult as possible for SCAR.

Reactions: UTFanHades
It was a perfect storm and an away loss, analogous to the TN Tech loss in baseball. They’re a paper Tiger with a Butch Jones level coach that’s been consistently overhyped. I’ll be disappointed if the Vols don’t win by three scores in Neyland next year.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
We should beat SC by at least 4 scores next year!
Why?

We just lost to them by 4 scores a couple of months ago.

I'll take a one score win happily.
Vols the past 6 qtrs against Scar have been troublesome. It wasn't just all of 2022. The 2nd half of 2021 game wasn't great either...

We should beat SC by at least 4 scores next year!
We're 7-8 against them the last 15 years, everything else is ancient history that today's recruits weren't around for. In the here and now our programs are alot closer to each other than people want to acknowledge.

Reactions: Voldog1998
We're 7-8 against them the last 15 years, everything else is ancient history that today's recruits weren't around for. In the here and now our programs are alot closer to each other than people want to acknowledge.

Except we were at our lowest as a program and they were at their best. We are on the way back to where we should be and I doubt they can sustain their rise from mediocrity. They will sink back into the abyss, maybe better than Vandy and Missou.

USCe is a matter of hitting them early. Rattler is coming on, but he is a head case. He excels when feeling great and sucks cheeks when things are not going well. He has zero ice in his veins.
You are right. Georgia, SC, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt in that order are the toughest to easiest IMO.
I think the 2023 SECE standing will finish almost identical to 2022 with some game results flipping.
As for Florida in 2023, Napier ain't it and I love it. Florida won't tolerate another year of 2022 under him. When Tennessee beats Florida twice in a row and they finish fourth or worse again in year 2 with losses to anyone close to decent, they will give him the Harsin treatment.

And we re about to be 4-1 against them in past 5 years (cause you best believe there will be blood come Sept in Neyland)… and who GAS about “ancient history”

While I agree with the OPs assessment lets not forget that the UT defense essentially gave the finger to the coaches and the fans that game..

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
We're 3-1 against them the past four years, 6-4 against them the past ten, 16-9 over the past 25 years, and 28-11 against them all time (plus two ties).

It's a cheap trick to isolate a stat that makes the gamecocks sound like lions. Really, they're just fowl.

Go Vols!

Last year’s SC game is indicative of nothing. Game specific circumstances made it a totally random outlier.

I'm not expecting "much" outta this season. Kind of an 8-4 ho hum/reload type of year if I'm honest. (imagine saying that 2 years ago lol)

Quite frankly, the only thing I really want this season is to beat the everlasting snot out of the Lamecocks. They need it. Based on two games at the end of the year, their fans are getting waaaaayyyyyy ahead of the cart. They need a pimp slap to remind them of their natural place in the world.

I'm not expecting "much" outta this season. Kind of an 8-4 ho hum/reload type of year if I'm honest. (imagine saying that 2 years ago lol)

Quite frankly, the only thing I really want this season is to beat the everlasting snot out of the Lamecocks. They need it. Based on two games at the end of the year, their fans are getting waaaaayyyyyy ahead of the cart. They need a pimp slap to remind them of their natural place in the world.
I got us going 9-3 or 8-4.

Reactions: stolitonic
We're 3-1 against them the past four years, 6-4 against them the past ten, 16-9 over the past 25 years, and 28-11 against them all time (plus two ties).

It's a cheap trick to isolate a stat that makes the gamecocks sound like lions. Really, they're just fowl.

Go Vols!
It's not a "trick". I went back to when current high school seniors were 3 years old, nobody is going to remember anything before that.

VN Store

Back