Dan Wolken, USA Today- Schiano is the focus

I agree!!! He did a great job at Rutgers who was in worse shape than Tennessee. Also everyone knows Meyer is not gonna hire some slouch. This would be a solid hire

Meyer is a slimeball who will do whatever it takes to win. It's been clear for awhile where his ethical compass lies.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd rather not.

Uh if it's true then Currie and UT leadership have shot themselves on the foot

Losing record at Tampa Bay, and 28-48 against Big East opponents at Rutgers, and 5 out of 11 losing seasons overall. He may be a good DC, but had been a dismal failure as HC

Reactions: 2 people
Hugely disappointing that his name keeps coming up with Tennessee and no one else. That is because we would make a stupid move like that and all the other schools have sense enough to pass.

Can't root for a Schiano team, or a program run by Athletic Director and Boosters who would hire him.

VFL means not blindly buying into a program where an eye witness (Schiano) to child molestation never goes to the cops. I believe that report is true based on the source and his lack of character.

Where did you see this at??? Because it's not what the statement said...

So do you have new information or did you like so many others imagine this sick picture in your head all alone?

schiano will want a ton of money and benefits to take the job -- at least 5-6 million

If they hire Shiano, the complete destruction of the program will be complete. Barely over .500 as a college coach. Total disaster as an NFL coach. His players hated him and he was a loser. P. Manning cussed him out after he told his players to dive at Manning's knees at the end of a game that was already over. Tied to the Sandusky scandal.

Did this really happen with manning ? Confirmed?

Schiano is a mid major. With baggage. Had to rehab from a bad firing. Fits us like a glove. Welcome him with a 21 sofa salute.

Also, I don't believe for one second that Peyton or Fulmer would get behind this. And with the Title IX fiasco just recently behind us, it would literally be impossible to justify this. It's one thing if he was actually a top candidate for a power 5 job. But he is nowhere even in the stratosphere of top options for other top schools with current openings. Tee, Venables, Mullen, Leach, Strong, Frost, Norvell, Brohm, Campbell, Fleck, Doern, Durbin, Cutcliffe, and a line of 5-10 other guys are all infinitely better options than Schiano.

Reactions: 4 people
Does anyone have any REAL info on Chancellor Davenport's part in all of this? What is her level of interest in or understanding of the value of Tennessee football success? I had suspicion that she halted the David Blackburn push and reopened the search that got us to AD Curry.

It seems that amont other things, an amount of lack from the administration for over a decade has let this great program wither.

Losing record at Tampa Bay, and 28-48 against Big East opponents at Rutgers, and 5 out of 11 losing seasons overall. He may be a good DC, but had been a dismal failure as HC

You are forgetting context with your "stats." Schiano had to rebuild a program at Rutgers so most of the losses keeping him near, but above, .500 happened in the first few years. After that he went to bowls, had them ranked and fielded a competitive team.

TB was not a good stint for him and he definitely failed at the NFL level....weird, sounds familiar...... Oh yeah, Saban was under .500 w/the Dolphins.

Not an exciting hire but he is a good coach that would be a 100% improvement over current state.

I would rather us hire Mike Houston than Greg Schiano. At least Mike Houston isn't linked in any way to the horrible scandal at PSU, and unlike Schiano he has won championships as a head coach at multiple levels. Ohio State has previously shown that a championship level FCS coach can come into the FBS and win and compete for championships on a regular basis. I would prefer for us not to shop at the Dollar Tree for a coach, but if our administration insists on doing so, I think Mike Houston is the best bet.

VN Store

Back