Dan Mullen: We got lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reconsidered, you're still good people in my book.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I just never cared for him as an actor. Too dramatic or over does it, something, just don't like him. And that movie with him as Jack Burton? Lol. Rest my case.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I just never cared for him as an actor. Too dramatic or over does it, something, just don't like him. And that movie with him as Jack Burton? Lol. Rest my case.

Big Trouble in Little China is a damn American treasure! Just like Road House!

While Mullen was at MSU, he never won the west and never beat Bama. The Gus Bus was able to beat Bama a couple of times at least and won the west in 2013 and 2017. I think it didn't matter who was coach last year for Tennessee, it would have been the same result. I believe we dodged a bullet for once. Only time will tell I guess

We are saying whatever we can to make ourselves feel better.
Mullen did remarkable things at Miss State. He took a fledgling UF team and won 10 games his first year. When is the last time UT won 10?

I have little doubt UT would be better had we gotten Mullen and UF had won the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. UF was rated higher in recruiting last year and I’ll bet when all the dust settles this year they’ll be ranked higher as well.
Their class is falling apart from last year. They have lost at least 5 guys already, with 2 more on the line. And some of their best. You look at it now and they are more like 17th. With them and Auburn losing players we are actually 10th in the class rankings.

One class ain't going to break them or make us. But their class only looked good on signing day, it's been a disaster since.

Dont know about elite Jaws.I do however think he is a great play caller and developer of dual threat QBs. I think he will have UF soundly in the mix in the Sec for sure. But let him win a title or two before we say hes elite.

I just want Tennessee to bring back a totally dominating defense that strangles every team we play. However, NCAA rules makers keep stacking the game in favor of the offense. Kinda hard to play against a shifty offense when it seems like most holding is allowed by NCAA law, and when they refuse to recognize that the head is pretty hard to tuck behind the back when tackling.

Reactions: tn4elvis
The recruiting rankings can be accessed by anyone with a internet connection. The Florida Gators won 10 games last year compared to our 5. That’s a boatload. Need more help?

Duh, ya think?
Florida has dominated in talent, just like they have dominated on the field, not to mention the Winn column

In last years game he did get owned. Turnovers are part of the game. They protected the ball we did not. Not turning the ball over is a sign of a well-coached team.
The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Does that saying ring a bell? UF was a better coached and more disciplined team than ours when we faced them last year. Fact. Luckily one bad game is not an indictment on Pruitt as a HC. We can continue to disagree all day long, which is fine this is a message board but bottom line is we lost by 26 points. There is not much you can do to mask that either other than saying we sucked that day and were not prepared. When the game is over all that matters is the scoreboard not which team had more sustained drives or first downs.

Yeah, when a team turns the ball over it says how the HC is a high school coach coaching against a college coach as well as being outmatched in X's and O's. You are BEYOND CLUELESS!!! Even the great Saban loses a game vs a solid SEC W team when his team turns the ball over 6 times (3 inside the 21 yard line) compared to the other teams 1 turnover. It happened in 2015 when Bama lost to Ole Miss due to having 5 turnovers. Even though, Bama had 13 more first downs, 70 more yards, and 11 more minutes of time of possesion. I guess Freeze made Saban look like a high school coach! Freeze is a great coach. But, he didn't make Saban look like a high school coach because Bama turned the ball over 5 times. Give me a break, get a clue, and POST SOME FACTS INSTEAD OF OPINIONS!!!

Last edited:
So if UT rolls into the Swamp this year and beats Florida by 4 TD’s, it’s only “real” if UF didn’t have 6 turnovers? If UT wins by 4 TD’s but UF had better time of possession and more first downs, UF can claim some sort of moral victory?

Dude, take the 2018 ‘L’ and move on. You don’t lose at home by 4 TD’s and then look for some way to feel better about that.

I didn't say it wasn't "REAL"! UT lost, period, end of story. I said Pruitt didn't get owned, made look like a high school coach, and Mullen didn't prove he was a much better coach due to UT turning the ball over 6 times. We will see who the better HC is over the next 3-5 years. My money is on Pruitt!!! Learn to read and keep things in context before spewing off at the mouth with no rebuttal of what I actually said. Turnovers the vast majority of the time aren't because a team is undisciplined or outcoached. It is part of the game that happens sometimes. Do everyone a favor and go to the gator board. No one wants you here! UT didn't lose by 4 TDs either. They lost by 3 TDs, 1 FG, and 1 safety. Learn to do simple math before you come at me with nonsense that doesn't even dispute what my point was in the first place! Take this middle finger and move on to the Gator website!!!

Last edited:
I think you’re whistling through the graveyard. Mullen’s presence at Florida, and his results on the field last year with a team that everyone claimed before the season was talent deficient, has UF rivals paying close attention. Deep in their guts, rival fans know UF is always a good coach away from greatness. And if Mullen builds on last season, and continues recruiting at a top 10 level, Florida will resume its spot as the elite team in the SEC east. Florida has beaten Alabama 4 times in SEC title games. Nobody else can claim that.

Miami, FSU, Georgia fans, and to some extent UT fans, are literally hanging on to every word from Mullen’s mouth, and analyzing every player move, every commitment, decommittment, transfer, etc. They certainly didn’t do this with Mac or Muschamp. There is a reason for this. If Florida has a similar or better season this year to last year’s 10-win debut, that Florida machine may become unstoppable again like it was under its two other great coaches. And that idea has Gator haters worried as hell. Posts like this prove my point. Nobody was hand-wringing about McElwain or Muschamp. Nobody was twisting themselves into pretzels embellishing perceived bad news when Mac was at UF. The transfer portal is a perfect example. As has been shown many times, and can be looked up, UF is actually very normal, and even slightly on the lower side, when it comes to the transfer portal. But if you listen to rival fans, you’d think UF was leading the country and all of their projected starters have entered the portal.

Rival fans of Florida are doing all they can to blunt the momentum of Florida’s program. Embellishing the transfers or claiming because a few guys didn’t qualify in a recruiting class that Florida will be devastated, is laughable. Mullen has done a brilliant job of making Florida the most studied and talked about team in America this offseason. In a few short weeks, nobody will even remember that a hand full of 4th stringers entered the transfer portal, but they’ll sure remember the butt kicking they received at the hands of Dan Mullen’s 2019 Gators.
200 (6).gif

Reactions: AM64 and Behr
I must have been the only person that didn't want Mullen. While I agree it was Miss St, how many seasons did he start off with a bang and drop game after game to end the season? When the upper SEC teams came to play his teams tended to fold.
He is like Marc Richt for Georgia.

I just want Tennessee to bring back a totally dominating defense that strangles every team we play. However, NCAA rules makers keep stacking the game in favor of the offense. Kinda hard to play against a shifty offense when it seems like most holding is allowed by NCAA law, and when they refuse to recognize that the head is pretty hard to tuck behind the back when tackling.
As far as the holding part of it I totally agree .What they let happen to Barnett every game was criminal. He might have had 50 sacks if they called it right.

Reactions: AM64
As far as the holding part of it I totally agree .What they let happen to Barnett every game was criminal. He might have had 50 sacks if they called it right.

I'd go back to tear away jerseys and maybe some type of dye pack just to show which hand holds the evidence. Of course, the flaw there is having to sit out a play for an equipment failure.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back