Dan Mullen to Dallas?

Hope they make him an offer he can’t refuse and he leaves Florida. If you can’t beat them, and we can’t, just hope their really good coach leaves abruptly and it somehow throws the program in chaos.
Doesn’t matter who Florida’s coach is we can’t beat them

Reactions: Jaws
I thought they won in spite of Franks.

That was the narrative.

But the facts are different. Trask threw more interceptions this year than Franks did last year in 3 fewer games. TD passes were about the same, but Franks ran for like 7 more.

Trask was better in terms of completion percentage and yards per game, but again that was offset by Franks being better in the running game in every category.

Franks’ pre-Mullen career was an albatross around his neck. He was so God-awful before Mullen, he got labeled and sorta type-casted and could not hardly shake that even after his success under Mullen.

Even with the horrible two seasons pre-Mullen included, Franks finished his Florida career with 46 TD’s (38 passing, 8 rushing) versus 17 interceptions. 46 v 17 is pretty dang good, yet many still believe (including a ton of Gator fans) that Franks was horrific.

My posts on this aren’t to suggest I liked Franks better than Trask, but to just suggest that Franks wasn’t this horror show at QB. I actually think Trask’s demeanor made him a better QB in this offense.

Last edited:
Difference is that Trask won with practically no running game. Franks was behind a better OL in 2018. When the running game failed and the game depended on Franks, we almost always lost. Case in point the game against UK this year. Florida was down 11 points and likely losing in Lexington. Franks goes down, Trask comes in and puts up 18 unanswered points.

My biggest criticism of Franks was that he was rattled too easily, had some decision-making lapses in really big moments. Trask was sorta the opposite of that, he’s very calm and I’ve yet to see him look rattled or spooked. But their numbers/stats are incredibly similar, including their win-loss record under Mullen. I don’t think Franks was nearly as bad as many think.

Oftentimes, they absolutely did (win in spite of Franks).

But same can be said about Trask in some games if we’re being completely honest.

Early in the season v Tennessee, he had some really bad picks and a fumble. He fumbled numerous times v Auburn and that nearly cost UF the game. The worst interception of the year was a 3rd and 1 pick versus LSU in the red zone. That definitely cost UF the game.

My point is, Trask was given a lot more leeway due to inexperience and newness (and probably rightly so). If Franks had made those mistakes many would have wanted him arrested.

That was the narrative.

But the facts are different. Trask threw more interceptions this year than Franks did last year in 3 fewer games. TD passes were about the same, but Franks ran for like 7 more.

Trask was better in terms of completion percentage and yards per game, but again that was offset by Franks being better in the running game in every category.

Franks’ pre-Mullen career was an albatross around his neck. He was so God-awful before Mullen, he got labeled and sorta type-casted and could not hardly shake that even after his success under Mullen.

Even with the horrible two seasons pre-Mullen included, Franks finished his Florida career with 46 TD’s (38 passing, 8 rushing) versus 17 interceptions. 46 v 17 is pretty dang good, yet many still believe (including a ton of Gator fans) that Franks was horrific.

My posts on this aren’t to suggest I liked Franks better than Trask, but to just suggest that Franks wasn’t this horror show at QB. I actually think Trask’s demeanor made him a better QB in this offense.

Franks had a way better Oline then Trask did and we were pretty much a one dimensional team on offense where Trask had to make **** happen or it didn’t go. We couldn’t run the ball for ****. Of course he will have more int since he is trying to force stuff to happen.
When you compare full year starter Trask to Franks is clear as day that Trask is just better at being a qb, reads the defense better and is more patient in the pocket, doesn’t get rattled as easy as Franks.
He had close to 3k yards with 2.5 less games then Frank’s and I think is behind Tua and Burrow in terms of yards thrown. He actually had more yards thrown then Burrow in his first year starting at LSU, I am not saying he is anywhere close to Burrow, I am saying he performed as well as him as 1st year starter even though he had 2.5 less games.

Reactions: mcg8r
Ed Werder did say on SVP that the likes of Mullen, Riley, and Rhule would be expensive.

Ed Werder did say on SVP that the likes of Mullen, Riley, and Rhule would be expensive.

The best thing that can happen is Steven Jones goes to bat for the fans and stops Jerry from going cheap. If they go cheap that means they got another yes man If not they got someone that can win and often.

If dan goes to Dallas, the first call we are making is to Urban to come back. He likes to have a stacked roster before accepting a job and we aren’t there but I am sure he would be tempted

Mullen to Dallas
Urban to Cleveland(just so he experiences L’s)
Todd Grantham elevated to UF HC(pfft)
Chris Weinke to Tallahassee
Freddie Kitchens to UT as QB Coach

Kinda like it.......

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Just heard Mullen’s name again as being on the list for Dallas. Just imagine his wife welcoming the Dallas football players like she does at Georgia.

source.gif

You guys might lose Grantham tho

and CRob and Johnson with him

That’s the beauty of having Mullen. Let’s face it, he’s the offensive coordinator, so the offensive continuity would continue.

Defensively, Florida has the horses to be good yearly. I’d prefer not to lose Grantham, but I wouldn’t be broken up over it. And I would imagine CRob would be a top candidate to replace Grantham if he left. DC at Florida > DC at Miss State. Ask Geoff Collins.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
That’s the beauty of having Mullen. Let’s face it, he’s the offensive coordinator, so the offensive continuity would continue.

Defensively, Florida has the horses to be good yearly. I’d prefer not to lose Grantham, but I wouldn’t be broken up over it. And I would imagine CRob would be a top candidate to replace Grantham if he left. DC at Florida > DC at Miss State. Ask Geoff Collins.

Outside of our average interior DL play and our secondary’s regression this season, defense has rarely been UF’s stumbling block over the past decade.

If Grantham leaves, UF will find a more than competent replacement.

Outside of our average interior DL play and our secondary’s regression this season, defense has rarely been UF’s stumbling block over the past decade.

If Grantham leaves, UF will find a more than competent replacement.

Agree. And with the recent recruiting on the defensive side of the ball, this Florida defense will have plenty of top notch coaches who would be eager to take over. This 2020 class is LOADED on defense at every level.

Agree. And with the recent recruiting on the defensive side of the ball, this Florida defense will have plenty of top notch coaches who would be eager to take over. This 2020 class is LOADED on defense at every level.

Impossible...Mullen can’t recruit.

Can’t recruit, nor could he topple the Saban dynasty while at Mississippi State. 0-12 unless he gets fired before the season starts.

UF should cut their losses now...hell McElwain won the East twice and beat Kirby Smart.

Mullen is a hack.

0-12

I predict Mike McCarthy to be the next HC of Dallas. I do have inside information though. See, I pay a large amount of money to Comcast every month. In return, I get information from ESPN. They are reporting McCarthy as HC.

I'd swap Grantham for Charlie Strong in a heart beat. It's not like Grantham is getting chump change. He is getting nearly $2m a year. With that amount of money you can pretty much hire the best DC candidates out there.

If Charlie Strong declines, I'd take a look at Pruitt

C-cMNe_UIAAVAQk.jpg

Reactions: Credo

VN Store

Back