Dan Enos to Miami as OC

Well Alabama's offense is going to look different next year since they aren't retaining most of the staff. Still have elite players, but play calling matters too, see NC game.

Would u guys rather have Enos or Chaney? Either way Chaney was a great hire. I have been critical of Pruitt lately, but I got to tip my cap to him..He hired the big fish..
I'd rather have Roscoe P. Might as well go for the boss.

I'll take Chaney for sure. I have to wonder what Bama's staff is going to look like next year now.

I love one poster said "Butch Jones". Someone replied "Dont be surprised about Jones. The players love him." :rolleyes:

Here's another one:

Some may laugh - but Fedora is a GREAT Offense coach.
Sorta like how Carl Torbush was a GREAT DC, but never any good as a HC.
Cheatnik.... No. that's just bad vibes there.
I was gonna say Bill Walsh! ;-) or maybe Joe Walsh????
rockon.gif

But Botch Jones? Again, people laugh, but we COULD do worse. PLENTY of people laughed a LOT when Saban hired Lame Kitten - I know I was VERY UPSET. Still, he did a heck of a job most of the time he was here.
Jones' Cincinnati teams scored pretty well and his 2015 & 16 teams scored well when they weren't playing us......
Honestly, he's been here a year and knows the players - so there's your "Continuity" piece of the puzzle.
The more I think about it, the less it bugs me......
shrug.gif

Here's another one:

rockon.gif

But Botch Jones? Again, people laugh, but we COULD do worse. PLENTY of people laughed a LOT when Saban hired Lame Kitten - I know I was VERY UPSET. Still, he did a heck of a job most of the time he was here.
Jones' Cincinnati teams scored pretty well and his 2015 & 16 teams scored well when they weren't playing us......
Honestly, he's been here a year and knows the players - so there's your "Continuity" piece of the puzzle.
shrug.gif

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

I would rather have chaney than enos everyday of the week.... Sark will end up back at bama as their OC next year is my guess, and before that thread gets started I would rather have chaney over him as well

That's sort of what I'm thinking. It seems like all the offensive staffers are mysteriously going other places. Enos to Miami. Gattis (co-OC) to Michigan. Butch Jones to Maryland. Doesn't seem like Saban is real eager to keep many of them. Makes me wonder what he's up to.
He will land Freeze.

Miami really made a cop out hire with Diaz imo. Lane Kiffin would have posted up in Miami and brought it back to the days of Howard Schnellenberger.
Kiffin would be much more likely to bring Miami back to the days of Dennis Erickson: hookers, cash, and NCAA sanctions.

Reactions: MSrivervol
Here's another one:

rockon.gif

shrug.gif
Please for the love of all that is good and holy hire Butch as the OC

That's sort of what I'm thinking. It seems like all the offensive staffers are mysteriously going other places. Enos to Miami. Gattis (co-OC) to Michigan. Butch Jones to Maryland. Doesn't seem like Saban is real eager to keep many of them. Makes me wonder what he's up to.
Saban wants the Bama identity back to what he believes worked best .... dominating defense and a power-running offense with a QB that is a good game manager. Saban is cleaning house on the
coaching staff at Bama and he started with the offense .... the defense will be next.

I know it won't happen, but I'd be delighted if they hired Butch. He has a worse track record as an OC than as an HC.

I think people are assuming that he might thrive with a step down to OC, but he's not like someone like Lane Kiffin who had a great track record as an offensive strategist and player developer. Butch's offenses as OC have generally been terrible. And things really started to fall apart after he lost Bajakian and then Debord; those two carried him on offense at UT (and prior to that at Cincy).
Can you let me know where Butch's offenses ranked as an OC?

VN Store

Back