Dan Enos to Miami as OC

greazy1722

Would u guys rather have Enos or Chaney? Either way Chaney was a great hire. I have been critical of Pruitt lately, but I got to tip my cap to him..He hired the big fish..

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
Oh, definitely Chaney.

Enos is so bad he ruined CMU's offense after Butch. Think about that for a moment - Butch was vastly superior to him at the same stop.

Not even close. He must have a good agent or something for people to keep ignoring his actual production has been garbage.

I'm still confused as to whether Alabama hired Enos as OC or not. Obviously he choose to go to Miami either way, but it sounded like he was being promoted to OC at Bama. Not sure exactly what this means for Bama. Did they push him out or did they try to keep him and he decided to go to Miami anyway?

I'm still confused as to whether Alabama hired Enos as OC or not. Obviously he choose to go to Miami either way, but it sounded like he was being promoted to OC at Bama. Not sure exactly what this means for Bama. Did they push him out or did they try to keep him and he decided to go to Miami anyway?

Seems he was expected to be hired and all the media said as much...then total silence. Those of us that don't follow them just assumed he had been hired when he had not.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Does it matter what I want and will Pruitt fire Chaney if I we wanted Enos?

There ya have it.

With everyone leaving at Bama Butch Jones might just be the OC. How great would that be.

He'd be fine as an OC. If people think Enos great, then Butch is elite comparatively.

But I'm pretty sure he's at MD.

Reactions: MoodyVol
if Saban wanted to keep Enos, there was no way he would be at Miami. after the Richt nonsense, the
Miami program gets worse and worse. Hiring Diaz with no experience as HC and now they have Enos
as OC. Miami's rival Florida State gets Briles as OC who is 100 times better.

Saban is cleaning house at Bama after Clemson took them to the woodshed.

Reactions: MoodyVol
Oh, definitely Chaney.

Enos is so bad he ruined CMU's offense after Butch. Think about that for a moment - Butch was vastly superior to him at the same stop.

Not even close. He must have a good agent or something for people to keep ignoring his actual production has been garbage.
Or Butch planted c4 and walked away and left a mess for the next guy. Much like he did here

if Saban wanted to keep Enos, there was no way he would be at Miami.

That's sort of what I'm thinking. It seems like all the offensive staffers are mysteriously going other places. Enos to Miami. Gattis (co-OC) to Michigan. Butch Jones to Maryland. Doesn't seem like Saban is real eager to keep many of them. Makes me wonder what he's up to.

That's sort of what I'm thinking. It seems like all the offensive staffers are mysteriously going other places. Enos to Miami. Gattis (co-OC) to Michigan. Butch Jones to Maryland. Doesn't seem like Saban is real eager to keep many of them. Makes me wonder what he's up to.

The end is near?

Reactions: TennMan101
Tennuhsee,I really do not understand the Manny Diaz to Miami as hc.A very good Dc at Miss.St.,went to Texas and got "lit up".Then back to somewhere this year and did well again.As you said,no hc experience.Now that Enos has gone to the Canes,next year may be good for them,or it may be a huge "cluster-f..k.Be fun to see.

I know it won't happen, but I'd be delighted if they hired Butch. He has a worse track record as an OC than as an HC.

I think people are assuming that he might thrive with a step down to OC, but he's not like someone like Lane Kiffin who had a great track record as an offensive strategist and player developer. Butch's offenses as OC have generally been terrible. And things really started to fall apart after he lost Bajakian and then Debord; those two carried him on offense at UT (and prior to that at Cincy).

Reactions: TJSVOLS
I know it won't happen, but I'd be delighted if they hired Butch. He has a worse track record as an OC than as an HC.

I think people are assuming that he might thrive with a step down to OC, but he's not like someone like Lane Kiffin who had a great track record as an offensive strategist and player developer. Butch's offenses as OC have generally been terrible. And things really started to fall apart after he lost Bajakian and then Debord; those two carried him on offense at UT (and prior to that at Cincy).

No, he isn’t like Kiffin, but if Saban gave him a chance under as offensive analysts, so he just may do it.

Interesting, for sure about Enos. I think he'd have been fine, but am really happy with Chaney. We won't have to replace him in two years when he gets a HC job. Saban will obviously make a big hire for OC, and wouldn't be surprised to see someone from NFL, who has alot of personnel churning right now. Little bit of different topic, but if/when Saban ever retires, I now believe Dabo will stay put in Clemson, and only name I can come up with who has thick skin to handle the expectations is Kiffin.

VN Store

Back