Dalton Knecht is the real deal

If he gets his defense better,only two games so far, coach won't have to do the Maashack(sp?) shuffle of offense for defense.

Honestly this might be our best team talent wise and depth in last 20 years. We are deep and have scorers and shooters. Only thing that concerns me is height and rebounding but if the freshmen JP and Cade keep stepping up a few minutes a game like they have to help Aido and Awaka will be huge.

Its nice to have someone who wants the ball with the clock running down and can drive it inside to free up teams who like to crowd us on the perimeter.
To me, this is his greatest asset so far. Doesn’t seem scared of the moment and enjoys the opportunities to make plays under pressure. Of course that’s several assumptions with only a couple of games under his belt but he’s showing it so far. And he knows he must play better defense….and I understand he’s putting in the work to accomplish that.

Knecht is an Ernie Grunfeld clone.

Knecht is maybe a better long range shooter than Ernie (Ernie was outstanding in the midrange) but Ernie was better at muscling his way to the paint. They are VERY close with their FT%.

Of course I said that Knecht is Larry Bird. Grunfeld is a more logical comparison.

Knecht is maybe a better long range shooter than Ernie (Ernie was outstanding in the midrange) but Ernie was better at muscling his way to the paint. They are VERY close with their FT%.

Of course I said that Knecht is Larry Bird. Grunfeld is a more logical comparison.
I never saw Grunfeld play, but was he the kind of athlete that Knecht seems to be?

Knecht is an Ernie Grunfeld clone.
In some ways, I can see similarities. Both are white so there's that. Grunfeld was built like a LB or at least a strong safety. Knecht is way more athletic. I'm just really hoping the basketball gods don't decide to pull the rug out from under our program again this year. Just need one year...THIS year for us to keep everyone healthy all season long. Especially Knecht. He and ZZ are the two we just have to keep on the floor.

Knecht could be the best we had in a long time,dont think his game is at all like grunfeld,he is very impressive,can shoot,drive to basket use either hand and can hang,jump and create!!

I go back to Davis and Widby so I got to see the Ernie and Bernie show. He was pretty good, but not as athletic as Knecht in my opinion.
That was my assumption, thanks! Knecht just seems extremely athletic for his frame. Reminds me a lot of Jeff Sheppard at Kentucky. Knecht is a couple inches taller, but they play very similarly (great shooters, play at all three levels, and super athletic). Coincidentally, Sheppard's son, Reed, is a freshman at UK, this year and a really good player in his own right. He was Mr. Basketball 2023 in Kentucky.

In some ways, I can see similarities. Both are white so there's that. Grunfeld was built like a LB or at least a strong safety. Knecht is way more athletic. I'm just really hoping the basketball gods don't decide to pull the rug out from under our program again this year. Just need one year...THIS year for us to keep everyone healthy all season long. Especially Knecht. He and ZZ are the two we just have to keep on the floor.
I think Aidoo is more essential than zz right now (mostly because we have depth at guard but not much of anything comparable behind aidoo)

VN Store

Back