Dallas

xJesusx56

Thick.Solid.Tight.
Think my next travel nursing contract may be at Med City Dallas/McKinney. Any one have any suggestions on places to stay.

Or if you had a guest house you wanted to rent for 3 months, that would be cool too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lived in Lewisville/Frisco for 15 years. It all sucks. Hot, flat concrete jungle full of strip malls and endless traffic jams.

Reactions: Zues1 and Danl
My brother in law lives in McKinney. It seems like a good spot, relative to the rest of the metropflex. I'm not a big fan of Dallas, but it's not a bad deal for 3 months.

Lots of newer hotels and extended stay places in that area. Check the 75 corridor from Allen to McKinney.

Think my next travel nursing contract may be at Med City Dallas/McKinney. Any one have any suggestions on places to stay.

Or if you had a guest house you wanted to rent for 3 months, that would be cool too 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ruth Paine still have a room available?

Lots of newer hotels and extended stay places in that area. Check the 75 corridor from Allen to McKinney.

The 75 corridor seems like it would be a good spot to start looking. It looks like it would be a pretty straight shot to Med City.

I’m looking on Air BnB for places I can rent for a few months, several apartment/condo/guesthouse options for between 1.5-2k per month. Doesn’t seem awful.

I live in the Mid Cities area near Grapevine so my only experience with the McKinney area was going to a minor league baseball game and a US Women’s soccer match in Frisco. I know that area is one of the faster growing in the Metroplex. There should be plenty to do/eat.

I will say traffic to and from there sucked, but if you find a place to live close to work, it shouldn’t be too bad.

If you are only here for a few months, you should avoid the worst of the bad weather. Spring weather here can be quite nice.

Good luck.

I live in the Mid Cities area near Grapevine so my only experience with the McKinney area was going to a minor league baseball game and a US Women’s soccer match in Frisco. I know that area is one of the faster growing in the Metroplex. There should be plenty to do/eat.

I will say traffic to and from there sucked, but if you find a place to live close to work, it shouldn’t be too bad.

If you are only here for a few months, you should avoid the worst of the bad weather. Spring weather here can be quite nice.

Good luck.

My contract up here in New Hampshire ends on the 12th, so I’d start a week or two after. I’ve never been out in Dallas and have only ever driven through. I’m trying to pick jobs in places I’ve never been and explore a bit, so any tips are always appreciated. I’d be in town for 13 weeks, so until late April or early May.

I’m waiting for calls from both places today so I can know where to focus my search a bit more.

Theres another guy on here that knows alot about the area but I cant remember handle exactly, north dallas vol or something close.

Reactions: Obsessed
@NorthDallas40, please report to the thread. Stat.

My wife worked in McKinney at a nursing home in the late 90s. Nicer area than Dallas, imo. Best wishes, '56.

Does the facility not have boarding, roommate networking?

@NorthDallas40, please report to the thread. Stat.

My wife worked in McKinney at a nursing home in the late 90s. Nicer area than Dallas, imo. Best wishes, '56.

Does the facility not have boarding, roommate networking?

You get a housing stipend and per diem for food that is tax free and rated for the cost of living in the area. Theoretically, I could have housing provided for me, but I get 5k per month for living, so I’d be leaving several thousand a month on the table if I were to play it that way.

Are we talking about Medical City at TX121 and US75? If so that’s literally like 3 minutes from my house. I think there’s another smaller campus inside of McKinney instead of on the southern outskirts though?

Be warned housing is somewhat tight in the area I believe currently.

Are we talking about Medical City at TX121 and US75? If so that’s literally like 3 minutes from my house. I think there’s another smaller campus inside of McKinney instead of on the southern outskirts though?

Be warned housing is somewhat tight in the area I believe currently.

I believe that’s where it’s at. It’s 668 beds, so it would be a bigger facility.

Last edited:
I believe that’s where it’s at. It’s a 668 beds, so it would be a bigger facility.
Ok got it. Yeah would be at 75/121 or over in Stonebridge. Those are the two big campuses I believe. Regardless check out the link I posted above. Brand new not sure on occupancy level yet. Those apts are really close to the McKinney campus and less than 10 minutes from the 75/121 campus. I’m a tad farther south and it’s 10 minutes from my garage to parking spot at work.

You get a housing stipend and per diem for food that is tax free and rated for the cost of living in the area. Theoretically, I could have housing provided for me, but I get 5k per month for living, so I’d be leaving several thousand a month on the table if I were to play it that way.
Hit up coopers in the stockyards. You can thank me later.

The whole area is fantastic, other than driving through one giant construction zone everyday.

What’s your specialty? Lots of good nursing options in Fort Worth too!

I do ER. I’ll be starting at Med-City Dallas in a few weeks on a travel gig. I just bounce around and explore new spots for a few months and then on to the next one.

I think I found a place in Garland on Lake Ray Hubbard near the Flying Saucer and Bass Pro.

I think I found a place in Garland on Lake Ray Hubbard near the Flying Saucer and Bass Pro.
So you’re at the Medical City south of 635 on 75 and Forest. My daughter was born there. Garland is a decent area but that 635 traffic is a bear! The area you’re referencing near Lake Ray Hubbard is practically Rowlett. A booming suburb...but even worse rush hour traffic. If you go a little further west on Forest from that Medical City, there’s some nice apartments and town homes.

Lived in Lewisville/Frisco for 15 years. It all sucks. Hot, flat concrete jungle full of strip malls and endless traffic jams.
Guy I grew up with lives in Highland Park and has nothing but good things to say. Seems to think Nashville traffic is worse than Dallas whenever he visits.

VN Store

Back