Da'Jon Terry to the portal

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
It seems likely that he will transfer close to home in Meridian (Miss.) to be near family. He will have two years of eligibility left due to having his COVID year from the 2020 season when he was at Kansas. He will be immediately eligible at his next stop.

He waited till after portal closed. He will have to apply for a waiver to play anywhere this year. Now if there is illness in family or something like that he may get the waiver. I have heard that may be what has happened. If that is the case I wish him well. I think that is what has happened or he would have left when the portal was open.

He was probably the 5th or 6th DT, especially with Omar Norman Lott in the fold. If Hobbs is playing 3 technique, then he probably would have been behind him. Could have been worthwhile depth in case of injury.

He was probably the 5th or 6th DT, especially with Omar Norman Lott in the fold. If Hobbs is playing 3 technique, then he probably would have been behind him. Could have been worthwhile depth in case of injury.

I dunno man, he played a lot of valuable minutes and snaps last year. That’s not easy to replace. But, that’s how it is.

No he would not be 5th or 6th... He was a solid top 3 DT... Pro Football Focus had him graded as an A and his number was good last year... It's a loss... We have some depth but the production and depth takes a hit...

I’m almost as distraught as when Emerson and Solomon transferred…but not there yet.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I like the player and wish him well, especially under the circumstances he's transferring under.

That said, Omari Thomas is a beast. I really like Bryson Easons upside. Omar Norman-Lott is a quality player. And Elijah Simmons received a ton of praise in the spring.

I don't expect anything from Hobbs since he's a true freshman and missed the spring. But Tyre West is going into year two and he could see an uptick in snaps.

Overall I feel pretty good with our depth at the position.

So are we trending away from the NT type of DT?

It seems like we aren’t bringing in or even recruiting that many guys that are well over 300lbs like Terry, Thomas and Simmons…with Terry gone I only see Thomas and Simmons as the “gap plugger” body types on the roster…the rest of the DTs seem like 3-techs to me

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back