Dabo vs Butch

Should have read 'were'. Missed field goal vs. 39 points. You can't refer to the beating NC State put on Candy and ignore that they were a chip shot from beating Clemson.

Sure I can ignore it.

Just as easy as people continue to ignore how one team came in against Vandy obviously unprepared and unmotivated even with a Sugar Bowl appearance in the offering where the other team came in ready to play and dominated a lesser opponent in a relatively meaningless bowl among .500 teams.

Since you brought up NC St versus Clemson. based on the scores of these games, NC State sure seems a helluva lot closer to being a championship contender than the Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
So if/when CBJ beats Saban one single time, you will never b@@@@ again?

Noted.

Sorry to barge in on your conversation here, but I was waiting on someone to bring this up. I do feel like Dabo's win over Nickie has put more pressure on not just BJ but several other SEC coaches. No one would try to take away anything from Clemson, but they did lose at home to Pitt, almost and maybe should have lost to NC State, and had to hold off Va Tech in the ACC Championship. It's not like they were one of the two giants in football. Extremely good? Absolutely! But not unbeatable. Nonetheless, Sweeney did beat someone that most thought was unbeatable, including myself, in Nickie and the Bammers. Now that an "ACC team" has beaten Bammer, the expectation out there in my opinioin is why can't more SEC teams do the same? Other than Ole Miss, who has beaten Bammer lately? Moreover, with a lot of UT fans still feeling like the Tide is our biggest and most bitter rivals, I think they're going to expect a lot more from UT in Tusacalooser next year. Perhaps 8-4 in 2017 if one of those losses is another beat down by Nickie isn't good enough now to save BJ's job.

Since 1990 the records would be 224 wins 114 losses and 1 tie for clemson UT would be 227 wins 108 losses and 2 ties.

Also Franklin is 1-1 VS jones, Jones beat him when he was at Cincy and Franklin at Vandy, same year that Dooley also beat Jones
Franklin beat Jones in 2013 while Jones was at UT and Franklin at Vandy.

So Jones is 1-1 against Franklin but 0-1 against Dooley :)

Didn't have time to search through 25 anti-Butch Franklin is god of Butch MWA posts. Most people compare athlete vs athlete or HC vs HC records regardless of teams...how many times one has beat the other in their careers...Manning vs. Brady for example....please forgive me your highness....flame away at Butch some more.

Muschamp's teams had more talent in 2013 and 2014. And once again for you thick headed negas, coaches coach and players play. Unless you really think Charlie Weatherbie (ULM coach in 2007) is better than Saban?

So you go to a 10 year old loss for Saban to try and make the ever present losses for Butch look better.

Keep trying. I'm enjoying the struggle.

Didn't have time to search through 25 anti-Butch Franklin is god of Butch MWA posts. Most people compare athlete vs athlete or HC vs HC records regardless of teams...how many times one has beat the other in their careers...Manning vs. Brady for example....please forgive me your highness....flame away at Butch some more.
They oversimplify to try and make whatever point they're trying to prove. Truth is, it's never that simple.

You must be as high as you look in that pic....that Gator defense was next level LOADED with nasty talent.

3a37bbe0-1f3b-0132-4e33-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

So nasty. they won 6 regular season games.

And the 2013 Florida team we lost to was so talented, that they lost to a Georgia Southern team that didn't even complete a pass against them.

So you go to a 10 year old loss for Saban to try and make the ever present losses for Butch look better.

Keep trying. I'm enjoying the struggle.
Point is, Butch is 0-1 against Muschamp in games he should have won. Using the Saban example to show you what a small sample size does. Didn't expect you to grasp that though.

Franklin is a much better Coach and i would take him in a second if given the chance. He did well at Vandy and is doing well at Ped State. Also Franklin was 1-1 vs Jones, he lost to jones when Jones was at Cincy but lost his first year to Franklin when he was at UT so it's a wash.

Now Muschamp vs Jones isnt really funny it is 3-0. 2013 That Florida team was 4-8 they might have been talented but they sucked and their only wins were vs UT, Toledo, Kentucky and Arky and they beat UT 31-17
2014 that Florida team couldnt score on anyone and they came from the clutches of defeat to win that game 10-9 with a QB that couldnt throw a ball as they put him in during the 4th quarter and they scored 10 points on his 2/4 throwing and we kept the statue worley back at QB as he was sacked 6 times and threw 2 INT's.
2016- lost to them after they just played umass giving up 28 points and a week off and score 21.

The amount of time you spent trying to argue with me greatly outweighs the amount of time it would have taken to go back 3 pages at most to see my comments. It's far easier to just put words in my mouth and move on.

You can't really directly compare HC record to HC record because Jones was at a traditional powerhouse football program and Franklin was at freaking Vanderbilt.

There is no oversimplification in the fact that Franklin did more with less at both Vanderbilt and Penn State. He also beat Jones and Jones beat him so at best that's a wash and doesn't negate the fact of Franklin's accomplishments when compared to Jones given the resources and talent each had to succeed with and given the programs they inherited.

Since 1990 the records would be 224 wins 114 losses and 1 tie for clemson UT would be 227 wins 108 losses and 2 ties.

Also Franklin is 1-1 VS jones, Jones beat him when he was at Cincy and Franklin at Vandy, same year that Dooley also beat Jones
Franklin beat Jones in 2013 while Jones was at UT and Franklin at Vandy.

So Jones is 1-1 against Franklin but 0-1 against Dooley :)
Plus 2-2 vs Vandy
0-3 vs Muschamp

Point is, Butch is 0-1 against Muschamp in games he should have won. Using the Saban example to show you what a small sample size does. Didn't expect you to grasp that though.

So, Butch should only win games with a clear talent advantage?

Gotcha.

Nevermind the blown leads vs. Florida. He had the talent to get the lead, just not win.

Gotcha.

Nevermind the blown leads vs. Florida. He had the talent to get the lead, just not win.

Anymore, people trying to defend Butch Jones are like people trying to build a hurricane proof house out of sand.

Franklin is a much better Coach and i would take him in a second if given the chance. He did well at Vandy and is doing well at Ped State. Also Franklin was 1-1 vs Jones, he lost to jones when Jones was at Cincy but lost his first year to Franklin when he was at UT so it's a wash.

Now Muschamp vs Jones isnt really funny it is 3-0. 2013 That Florida team was 4-8 they might have been talented but they sucked and their only wins were vs UT, Toledo, Kentucky and Arky and they beat UT 31-17
2014 that Florida team couldnt score on anyone and they came from the clutches of defeat to win that game 10-9 with a QB that couldnt throw a ball as they put him in during the 4th quarter and they scored 10 points on his 2/4 throwing and we kept the statue worley back at QB as he was sacked 6 times and threw 2 INT's.
2016- lost to them after they just played umass giving up 28 points and a week off and score 21.

Interesting side note to your post.

Treon Harris is supposed to be transferring to TN State.

Hopefully, we don't have the Tigers on the schedule in the near future.

Jones may have flashbacks and choke again.

Gotcha.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. No one is saying that. But start with a fair comparison. HE WAS NOT FAVORED TO BEAT FL IN 2013/2014!

So nasty. they won 6 regular season games.

And the 2013 Florida team we lost to was so talented, that they lost to a Georgia Southern team that didn't even complete a pass against them.

That team was loaded with talent.
2009 Recruiting Class #9 Rivals.com
2010 Recruiting Class #2 Rivals.com
2011 Recruiting Class #12 Rivals.com
2012 Recruiting Class #3 Rivals.com
2013 Recruiting Class #4 Rivals.com

The Gators got plagued with injuries in 2013 like we did this year....but talent....there was plenty of it especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't try to put words in my mouth. No one is saying that. But start with a fair comparison. HE WAS NOT FAVORED TO BEAT FL IN 2013/2014!

Not true.

In 2014 Florida was the underdog +1.5
Florida has been the underdog the last 3 times it visited Newland.

Anymore, people trying to defend Butch Jones are like people trying to build a hurricane proof house out of sand.
Actually a majority of TN fans are in the wait and see mode with Butch. The negas are nothing more than a vocal and small minority.

Reactions: 2 people

Again, we only judge coaches vs. teams they're favored to beat?

Vandy
USC jr

You don't seen to understand how coaches are judged.

Again, we only judge coaches vs. teams they're favored to beat?

Vandy
USC jr

You don't seen to understand how coaches are judged.
Missed the mark again. I got it.. you want Butch fired for losing to Vandy and USC and you're wrong for a variety of reasons that have been discussed extensively.

VN Store

Back