Da Reds thread

India was named NL RoY he is going to be fun to watch until it comes time to pay him his big contract and we trade him away for a bag of stale popcorn.

Yep - it's a repeating theme. Maybe with JV's contract nearing its conclusion they will be able to get a deal done with him and Stephenson. But it is never enough to just have a couple of strong guys locked down.

Krall shopping all three - Castillo. Gray, and Mahle.

I sincerely wish Bob C would sell. We don't deserve this crap year after year.

If you want to know why this org does things on the cheap, you need look no further than this.

MLB Owners' Net Worth

Not that a net worth of $400 M is poor, it's not. However, it it is in comparison to the vast majority of the other MLB owners and gives us an indication how he/the ownership group will think when running things.

Reds signed 3 of the top 50 international prospects today according to mlb.com:

#3 Ricardo Cabrera, SS, Venezuela
#32 Anthuan Valencia, SS, Venezuela
#49 Esmith Pineda, OF, Panama

Well with the Bengals winning last night the Lions are first in playoff win drought (1992) and the Reds are the second professional team with the longest drought at 1995.

On the bright side though it'll probably let us keep Joey's career going for a few more seasons. I think he'd be the best option for the DH and get a younger player to be the starting 1B or am I crazy?

Reactions: Vols4us
Signed for Tennessee pitcher Zack Godley to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training (if it ever starts). Started 57 games for Arizona in 2017/2018 and posted 15 wins in 2018.

Sheldon could not even speculate much on what the team will do with the roster in his article on the team website. Doesn't know if they will try to win or rebuild.

Moose and Geno need to rebound since nobody will want them until mid-season unless they do. I'm expecting both to return to norm. JV will now get rest as needed while still being able to DH. Senzel needs to get it done or be gone this season.

Looks like Rece Hinds will be a name to watch in a year or so. Moving him from 3B to OF, probably in AA ball this spring. The guy can hit.

MLBTR says they released international signee (Cuban) A-Rodriguez after paying $7 M going back to 2016. Never did anything. One of Dick Williams' mistakes.

FNvxEUxXIAA7b1v

So done with this team. That's the best we could get for Sonny Gray?

Salary dump with Gray. No other reason. So, it looks like a typical half-azz rebuild. Krall openly says he is keeping payroll down.

So Bob and the boys are kicking the can on the season since they now have only two proven and one semi-proven SP.

I'm so freaking done with this crap team. We just traded Winker and Suarez to Seattle for Justin Dunn, Brandon Williamson and Jake Fraley. At least my dad won't have to watch this ****** ass franchise anymore.

What we are doing to Joey Votto is down right criminal. I seriously hope he demands a trade or to be released at this point. As much as it pains me to lose him he deserves a hell of a lot better than this crap.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol

VN Store

Back