Da Reds thread

Not sure exactly what they consider the modern era but they said after last night's game that Mahle was the first pitcher in the modern era to pitch 9 innings, strike out at least 12, give up no walks or runs - and not get a win. It's a joke that Cessa gets the win last night after he gives up the 2 run lead in the 11th and both runs score on wild pitches. They have the option of giving the win to a subsequent reliever if the reliever in line for the win has an outing that is "brief and ineffective". I would say his outing was the definition of "brief and ineffective".

Reactions: Vols4us
Please, Castellini's, sell. It's been since 1934 in a 151 game season since the club had only 52 wins - which you are pace to equal or be worse since you are getting ready to trade everybody who can even make a ham sammich. Your hatred of Cincinnati and this once proud org has become painfully obvious.

I'm starting to get a little shaky on that 50+ W's happening.
My kids and I have a small wager on the # of wins this year. I picked 57. They picked 59, 72, 74. I thought I was a sure winner after that first month. Now that Greene and Mahle have looked better and Ashcraft has done well until the last start I'm thinking they might get into the 60's. The current winning % would work out to 55 wins but that was with a 3-22 stretch. No way that happens again. They are horrible for sure but maybe not the all time worst.

My kids and I have a small wager on the # of wins this year. I picked 57. They picked 59, 72, 74. I thought I was a sure winner after that first month. Now that Greene and Mahle have looked better and Ashcraft has done well until the last start I'm thinking they might get into the 60's. The current winning % would work out to 55 wins but that was with a 3-22 stretch. No way that happens again. They are horrible for sure but maybe not the all time worst.

I can see them getting to 60 providing the hitting picks up. They need India and Senzel to get on track and Stephenson back healthy. Match up a little pitching improvement and they can get there.

Hope they can get something of value for the future moving Castillo and Mahle. They mean nothing to the team as is with a total rebuild underway. Ashcroft, Greene and Lodolo seem like quality starters going forward. Take some lumps this season, but learning how to pitch versus throw.

Even in a losing season I still care about the team but with the no-care attitude by the ownership I just don't have the same interest. I do think its a good idea to go ahead and trade one or both of Mahle/Castillo even now. If we wait to the deadline we run the risk of the clubs interested in them going after other guys and we wind up getting nothing.

Even in a losing season I still care about the team but with the no-care attitude by the ownership I just don't have the same interest. I do think its a good idea to go ahead and trade one or both of Mahle/Castillo even now. If we wait to the deadline we run the risk of the clubs interested in them going after other guys and we wind up getting nothing.

Agree. Move them for the right value if you can. We are in a drive for 60 W's this season at best. Build the future and use the season for try outs.

Stephenson will be back in a few days. Senzel is heating up nicely. Get India on track. Hopefully Moose or Votto earns their pay at some point this season. Good core of young SP arms. Keep working at it this season and hope ownership sells. They have proven repeatedly they are clueless.

Baseball can be so weird. One of the bottom feeders in the game and they sweep the Rays. Take 2/3 from NYY at their place. Still 21 games under .500.

Castillo has thrown at least 100 pitches 9 starts in a row. 4 of those over 110 with a high of 123. The 3 starts before that streak he threw 94-94-90. Mahle did the same thing. He threw over 100 in 11 of 12 starts and 97 in the 1 he didn't reach 100 - and he's on the DL with a sore shoulder. Castillo's trade value is high right now - I hope he doesn't get a sore arm and scare teams off.

Stephenson likely out for the season after getting a broken clavicle on a foul tip.

This guy is too good at the plate to stay injured from being a catcher behind it. He needs to move to 1B when JV's contract is up.

Whelp that was Luis last start in a Reds uniform loved his time here. Wish we were in a position to actually need his talents instead of being forced to sell him.

Marte and Arroyo are good gets. Future starters. We were never going to be able to hold on to Luis. Next up- Mahle, Drury and Solano it appears.

297265695_604168741080088_3025715386331244979_n.jpg

Players traded by Reds since end of last season

Castillo
Mahle
Pham
Naquin
Drury
Gray
Barnhart
Suarez
Winker
Garrett

Okie Dokie. They now have have a prospect list of 473 shortstops and 279 pitchers. I'm sure their analytics nerds have a plan in place to get it done now. No worries, sit back and watch excellence at work.

It's a joke, z.

VN Store

Back