Da Reds thread

AA's time in big leagues needs to end in Cincy. Sadly, he's not MLB quality.

They will obviously go to arb with Naquin and maybe make a 2-3 year deal. Getting him has been critical. If it all goes as it looks and Nick-C stays, Senzel's path to a Zobrist type usage has been identified - if he can stay healthy for more than 5 minutes.

I love this Joey V but I can't help but think "what was he thinking when he went through his screwed up choked up phase." JV is a hitting guru and all, what was up with that? I think we all could have told him that idea was crap...don't do it

Reactions: Vols4us
I love this Joey V but I can't help but think "what was he thinking when he went through his screwed up choked up phase." JV is a hitting guru and all, what was up with that? I think we all could have told him that idea was crap...don't do it

Even Bob and Walt told him to stop it, that they had paid him the contract for what they had seen before he started doing it - which is what he now doing. That was openly stated on a radio interview with Marty. But at $25 M per year for forever they couldn't make him and he wanted to do what he wanted to do. That was during his Table For One days when a lot of the roster did not care for him and he didn't want to be buds with them either.

Glad he finally woke up, but to just go OBP and punch the ball all those years was nuts with the approach, eye, natural swing and power he has.

It seems like we struggle to get runs in with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs in close games. It looks like our hitters have the same approach if we're down 2-1 or up 10-1.

They are starting to do what they usually do in recent years - trying to hit HR's instead of finding gaps with line drives.

Doubt this team can ride it out for a playoff spot. I am actually a bit surprised they are 9 games over .500 with two hitters under the Mendoza line in the order regularly. Thank goodness they had the sense to bring up India and Stephenson to play all season. With Farmer stepping in at SS, at least they plugged the holes with a few quality players.

Doubt this team can ride it out for a playoff spot. I am actually a bit surprised they are 9 games over .500 with two hitters under the Mendoza line in the order regularly. Thank goodness they had the sense to bring up India and Stephenson to play all season. With Farmer stepping in at SS, at least they plugged the holes with a few quality players.

They have 2 series against the Pirates and 1 against the Nationals. They must make noise against them. Cubs are hot right now so that may be tough.

They have 2 series against the Pirates and 1 against the Nationals. They must make noise against them. Cubs are hot right now so that may be tough.

Agree. The bats have got to wake up and get Wink back to have a shot.

It's looking like Senzel may not be cut out for MLB. Probably won't be back this season. if he comes back he needs to be focused on one position in the IF to help him have a real career and be of value to the org.

Barrero provided the juice at the plate and base paths when they needed it most. Really, good pitching, especially by Lorenzen to get out of that jam Barrero's error caused. JV with #30 at age 38. Heading for about 35 and 100+ RBI's. Fantastic. Need Wink back - looks like it will be soon.

giphy.gif

Where was the fight this team had earlier in the season? Are we missing Winker's bat that much? That said I may go see Hunter Greene pitch this week for the Bats against the Redbirds here in Memphis which is the only bright spot.

A W against the Dodgers is always a happy thing. Great pitching and Kyle Farmer gets his moment to bask in the glory after they traded him away.

Another season where injuries and no pen in the first half of the season took the potential of playoffs away barring a hot streak starting.

Someday this org is going to realize a W in April and May means the same as a W in August and September.

Wink and Shogo to the IL. This season is done. Running out of players. See promise for the future tho.

I am amazed this team can score 5 runs on the Dodgers with Suarez at .176 and AA at .180 BA's. Call-up Friedl had a good day.

Injuries and the pen. There's always next year, right?

It has become really apparent that you cannot win at a high level if your starters cannot play 140+ games per season. Cincinnati as a location is no different than other mid-west regions. Yet, it seems that injuries are out of control there in recent years.

So that points to decision making about who they sign, internal medical evals of draftees/FA signings, S&C programs, Arizona vs. Florida for ST, etc. All of that needs re-evaluated. It's not working over a long period and at this point it is past just having a bad run of injuries.

VN Store

Back