D4H's 2017 NFL Draft Review (Best Picks, Best Drafts, and Predictions)

I can see the glee in your post hoping this comes true.

You guys sure do love rooting against Dobbs.

What will you do next year when he's holding up the Lombardi trophy as the starting QB of the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers?

Now you’re dropping your “professional” guise and projecting. :nono: This is from Bucky Brooks on a draft segment. His mock draft and others have the pick as a possibility. I personally think he’s a second rounder. Quit being a fanboy and watch some film on Rudolph. :)

Now you’re dropping your “professional” guise and projecting. :nono: This is from Bucky Brooks on a draft segment. His mock draft and others have the pick as a possibility. I personally think he’s a second rounder. Quit being a fanboy and watch some film on Rudolph. :)

Rudolph is actually one of the worst QBs in this class. I have guys like Riley Ferguson rated above him. Anyone who selects him before the late rounds will be making a huge mistake.

Reactions: 1 person
Rudolph is actually one of the worst QBs in this class. I have guys like Riley Ferguson rated above him. Anyone who selects him before the late rounds will be making a huge mistake.

Those pretenders who pose as scouts for NFL clubs disagree with you...as they did over your projections of failure for Goff and success for Kaaya. But hey, you got 10 years for your projections to bear fruit! :thumbsup: NB4 Kamara... and you were the only person (other than the Saints) who thought he’d be good. :hi:

Those pretenders who pose as scouts for NFL clubs disagree with you...as they did over your projections of failure for Goff and success for Kaaya. But hey, you got 10 years for your projections to bear fruit! :thumbsup: NB4 Kamara... and you were the only person (other than the Saints) who thought he’d be good. :hi:

Highly drafted guys always get the shot early on to succeed. And we've seen guys be fool's good early on. With QBs you won't know they're any good until we're 4-5 years into their careers.

The reason I tout my prediction of Kamara's greatness so much is because the RB position is the position where you see the most success for great players early on.

Highly drafted guys always get the shot early on to succeed. And we've seen guys be fool's good early on. With QBs you won't know they're any good until we're 4-5 years into their careers.

The reason I tout my prediction of Kamara's greatness so much is because the RB position is the position where you see the most success for great players early on.

Then how can you predict greatness for Dobbs? He’s going into his SECOND season and hasn’t even sniffed a regular season SNAP? No, I’m afraid that Goff is a perennial Pro Bowler who will only get better and the most likely QBs to join him success wise are Trubisky and Watson. Dobbs will need a season to even start the journey to average...and he’s nowhere close to that first step.

Then how can you predict greatness for Dobbs? He’s going into his SECOND season and hasn’t even sniffed a regular season SNAP? No, I’m afraid that Goff is a perennial Pro Bowler who will only get better and the most likely QBs to join him success wise are Trubisky and Watson. Dobbs will need a season to even start the journey to average...and he’s nowhere close to that first step.

Cause I watched every snap of his college career and nearly every interview he's given. I feel I have a good grasp on his skill set and intangibles. With that said, he's the best QB prospect I've ever seen in terms of skills and intangibles.

That is why I've said he would be the best EVER.

Cause I watched every snap of his college career and nearly every interview he's given. I feel I have a good grasp on his skill set and intangibles. With that said, he's the best QB prospect I've ever seen in terms of skills and intangibles.

That is why I've said he would be the best EVER.

I think you’ve immersed yourself so much into him that you’ve tainted your natural genius. Scout with half your talent know that you can’t properly evaluate that which is your obsession. You begin to make excuses for the lack of throwing receivers open and the killing fields of worms laying in his wake. Learning pains you damn QB’s with that you’ve lazily processed, get a pass with Dobbs. He’s nowhere near a finished product because that product hasn’t even started.

I can see the glee in your post hoping this comes true.

You guys sure do love rooting against Dobbs.

What will you do next year when he's holding up the Lombardi trophy as the starting QB of the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers?

When it most definitely doesn’t happen, you’ll just say you were joking and fooled all of us. Despite the fact several folks have already called you on your bs. Thus making it not a good troll job.

Or, you’ll say the Steelers didn’t win because the concession stands had black people working in them and Dobbs couldn’t concentrate on his job because of this atrocity.

Last edited:
When it most definitely doesn’t happen, you’ll just say you were joking and fooled all of us. Despite the fact several folks have already called you on your bs. Thus making it not a good troll job.

Or, you’ll say the Steelers didn’t win because the concession stands had black people working in them and Dobbs couldn’t concentrate on his job because of this atrocity.

No. This will be Dobbs year. I even know who he will defeat in the Super Bowl.

Steelers vs Rams will meet in the Super Bowl. Dobbs will lead the Steelers to victory.

No. This will be Dobbs year. I even know who he will defeat in the Super Bowl.

Steelers vs Rams will meet in the Super Bowl. Dobbs will lead the Steelers to victory.

But the Rams have “all time bust” Jared Goff at QB? :)

But the Rams have “all time bust” Jared Goff at QB? :)

Scrub QBs have ridden elite defenses and elite running games to the Super Bowl before. See the 2006 Bears and Rex Grossman.

Plus it's not a given Goff is the QB. He could easily get hurt and his backup have just as much if not more success.

Rams are just an elite team all around and that will power them to the Super Bowl.

Scrub QBs have ridden elite defenses and elite running games to the Super Bowl before. See the 2006 Bears and Rex Grossman.

Plus it's not a given Goff is the QB. He could easily get hurt and his backup have just as much if not more success.

Rams are just an elite team all around and that will power them to the Super Bowl.

They are an elite team all around, but there are very few guys who can say they threw 25+ TD's with a 4:1 TD:INT ratio.

I know you don't like stats when they don't serve your purpose. They may not say exactly how good he is, but they do say you are dead wrong about him being a scrub. The fact that you won't give up when you're so obviously wrong is why nobody ever gives you credit when you happen to be right.

Reactions: 2 people

Grossman and Goff can “ride” rosters to SB’s and Kaaya/Hogan types can’t become starters on the Browns. :lol:

Brady is not the issue. Bill Belichek is. Matt Cassell won 11 games in 2008. Brady is just another cog in the system.

I think the misses in the draft the last couple of years will bite New England this season.

Maybe the dumbest thing you’ve ever said and that is truly saying something

They are QB/coach tandem one couldn’t do half of what has been accomplished in NE without the other. We’re talking about what 8 Super Bowls and I don’t know how many AFC championship appearances that don’t happen without you’re QB being clutch as hell in the post season and Brady is the all time best in that regard

Last edited:
They are an elite team all around, but there are very few guys who can say they threw 25+ TD's with a 4:1 TD:INT ratio.

I know you don't like stats when they don't serve your purpose. They may not say exactly how good he is, but they do say you are dead wrong about him being a scrub. The fact that you won't give up when you're so obviously wrong is why nobody ever gives you credit when you happen to be right.

That's one year of statistical production. My problem with NFL fans is recency bias. Last year Jared Goff was garbage. Now he's great. If he struggles next year he'll be back to garbage for y'all.

I'm consistent in my evaluations. Jared Goff will need to have more than one lucky season to impress me. I've seen mediocre QBs have a good season every now and then

Consistency is what separates the good from the bad. I don't believe Jared Goff is good thus I don't expect him to be consistent. Look for 2018 to be a down year for him. Same with Deshaun Watson. Another guy who had a lucky season in 2017.

Maybe the dumbest thing you’ve ever said and that is truly saying something

They are QB/coach tandem one couldn’t do half of what has been accomplished in NE without the other. We’re talking about what 8 Super Bowls and I don’t know how many AFC championship appearances that don’t happen without you’re QB being clutch as hell in the post season and Brady is the all time best in that regard

I don't think Tom Brady is the best. I think he's good but he's made to look better because Belichek is the best coach ever.

Give me Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson over him any day. Those guys are better talents and have only had less success because they have coaches that are holding them back.

That's one year of statistical production. My problem with NFL fans is recency bias. Last year Jared Goff was garbage. Now he's great. If he struggles next year he'll be back to garbage for y'all.

I'm consistent in my evaluations. Jared Goff will need to have more than one lucky season to impress me. I've seen mediocre QBs have a good season every now and then

Consistency is what separates the good from the bad. I don't believe Jared Goff is good thus I don't expect him to be consistent. Look for 2018 to be a down year for him. Same with Deshaun Watson. Another guy who had a lucky season in 2017.

And if Joey Bosa has ANOTHER great season? More “luck”? Why can’t Kaaya, Hogan and Taylor get any of that? :lol:

O wow, Goff struggled as a rookie qb? Clearly he’s a scrub!

D4H -- what round do you have John Kelly going in ?

I have him rated as a mid-1st round pick. He's my #3 overall RB tied with Ronald Jones II (USC). I have both just behind Saquon Barkley (Penn St.) and Rashaad Penny (San Diego St.).

With that said, I expect John Kelly to be drafted in Day 3. However, whoever gets him will get a big-time steal. This is an elite NFL RB. He reminds me of Priest Holmes who at his peak was a MVP candidate. John Kelly might never be a MVP caliber player but he will be a multiple time Pro Bowl selection.

Simply put a great football player.

I have him rated as a mid-1st round pick. He's my #3 overall RB tied with Ronald Jones II (USC). I have both just behind Saquon Barkley (Penn St.) and Rashaad Penny (San Diego St.).

With that said, I expect John Kelly to be drafted in Day 3. However, whoever gets him will get a big-time steal. This is an elite NFL RB. He reminds me of Priest Holmes who at his peak was a MVP candidate. John Kelly might never be a MVP caliber player but he will be a multiple time Pro Bowl selection.

Simply put a great football player.

You have Penny ranked ahead of Guice and the UGA guys??? Wow! Unbelievably bad take.
Penny is so bad at blocking that he’s unplayable on passing downs. You can’t draft a guy in the first round that can’t be on the field for so much of the game. His senior bowl week performance was quite poor.
With Kelly, he’s just not fast enough to be drafted high in a class full of outstanding RB depth. His pro day 40 times were a little fishy and nobody will buy that 4.5 time. You don’t go from 4.65 to a 4.5, and with it being at his pro day, scouts will just believe the slower time.
I think he’s a good talent and I’d love if my team drafts him, but you’re kidding yourself if you think he’s a better draft prospect than Guice, Chubb, Michele, Kerryon Johnson, Royce Freeman or as good as Jones.

VN Store

Back