D4H's 2017 NFL Draft Review (Best Picks, Best Drafts, and Predictions)

Lol..did you seriously just try to accuse someone else of doing the exact same crap you constantly do?

I never make excuses. I either stick to my initial position or admit mistake. For example, I admit I missed on Dak Prescott. I don't try to make excuses for his success in the NFL by giving credit to his supporting cast like many others like to do to diminish his accomplishments as a rookie. Or I stick to my guns like I did about Bosa being a bust even if he has a statistically impressive rookie season. I trust my eyes and the film. And Bosa eventhough he put stats did not impress me one bit to change my initial thoughts on him.

I never do what bamawriter just did which is say that I know the guy talented but I doubt his motivation so that if he by chance becomes a star I can say he finally found motivation and I was never wrong about him. I don't waffle like that. I say what I believe and stick to it. If it turns out wrong then so be it.

I never make excuses. I either stick to my initial position or admit mistake. For example, I admit I missed on Dak Prescott. I don't try to make excuses for his success in the NFL by giving credit to his supporting cast like many others like to do to diminish his accomplishments as a rookie. Or I stick to my guns like I did about Bosa being a bust even if he has a statistically impressive rookie season. I trust my eyes and the film. And Bosa eventhough he put stats did not impress me one bit to change my initial thoughts on him.

I never do what bamawriter just did which is say that I know the guy talented but I doubt his motivation so that if he by chance becomes a star I can say he finally found motivation and I was never wrong about him. I don't waffle like that. I say what I believe and stick to it. If it turns out wrong then so be it.

ChEpbqt.gif

Go watch the games. Alabama was giving him help and running away from Garrett's side. Film don't lie. Stats can.

There is a reason Myles Garrett went 1st overall and Cam Robinson fell to the second round. They are simply not comprable as NFL players. Garrett is headed for the Hall of Fame while Cam Robinson is headed for a mediocre career.

There is not a single second of any Bama game that you have watched more often than I have.

Oh, and I was at all three games you simpering twit.

Reactions: 1 person

This is beyond comical.

Go watch the games. Alabama was giving him help and running away from Garrett's side. Film don't lie. Stats can.

There is a reason Myles Garrett went 1st overall and Cam Robinson fell to the second round. They are simply not comprable as NFL players. Garrett is headed for the Hall of Fame while Cam Robinson is headed for a mediocre career.

Yet you use his performance vs. a 6th round OT to justify your position....

Reactions: 1 person

It doesn't matter what the league thinks, D4H isn't impressed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nf...ff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

There is not a single second of any Bama game that you have watched more often than I have.

Oh, and I was at all three games you simpering twit.

Then stop waffling and trying to cover yourself on Myles Garrett.

If Myles is the dominant NFL player I predict then you must simply admit defeat. If Myles becomes a bust I will admit I was wrong. But don't come in here trying to cover your butt by saying you believe in his talent but question his motivation.

Stick to your position or STFU. I'm not here to debate someone who wants to take both sides of an argument.

Yet you use his performance vs. a 6th round OT to justify your position....

Actually I think every game he's played at A&M justifies my position. I just selected that game to point out the hypocrisy of those that want to question Myles Garrett by always citing his production against SEC teams. As if every SEC team has NFL caliber left tackles. Only a few do. And Myles Garrett dominating an NFL tackle at UCLA is just as impressive if not moreso than against any SEC team.

Myles Garrett has two things that are going against him. He's injury prone and he has a low motor. He's personally admitted that he doesn't want to play in the NFL for more than 6 years.

Then stop waffling and trying to cover yourself on Myles Garrett.

If Myles is the dominant NFL player I predict then you must simply admit defeat. If Myles becomes a bust I will admit I was wrong. But don't come in here trying to cover your butt by saying you believe in his talent but question his motivation.

Stick to your position or STFU. I'm not here to debate someone who wants to take both sides of an argument.

No problem. I am calling that Garrett will never be anything more than an average NFL DE. Said it all along. And it will have nothing to do with his physical gifts. His problem has always been in his chest and will continue to be. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I don't pretend to be an expert.

I have never said anything different. I don't pull your schtick where I can't even recall my own positions.

Last edited:
Myles Garrett has two things that are going against him. He's injury prone and he has a low motor. He's personally admitted that he doesn't want to play in the NFL for more than 6 years.

He's going to be all pro for 10 years despite only playing 6.

Actually I think every game he's played at A&M justifies my position. I just selected that game to point out the hypocrisy of those that want to question Myles Garrett by always citing his production against SEC teams. As if every SEC team has NFL caliber left tackles. Only a few do. And Myles Garrett dominating an NFL tackle at UCLA is just as impressive if not moreso than against any SEC team.

You're making your case worse. If the SEC doesn't have that many NFL caliber LT's then what's that say about Garrett's lack of production in his SEC career? He has consistently proven he only shows up in meaningless games. If he can't get up for Bama, LSU, AU etc then how's he going to get up for Sunday's. 40% of his career sacks came against G5 schools. He dominates vs mediocre talent.

Last edited:
You're making your case worse. If the SEC doesn't have that many NFL caliber LT's then what's that say about Garrett's lack of production in his SEC career? He has consistently proven he only shows up in meaningless games. If he can't get up for Bama, LSU, AU etc then how's he going to get up for Sunday's. 40% of his career sacks came against G5 schools. He dominates vs mediocre talent.

Myles Garrett had as many sacks as a sophomore in college than JJ Watt did over his entire college career.

College stats are irrelevant to NFL success. When will you clowns get this point?

Okay I concede Myles Garrett did not have a great collegiate career in terms of production against SEC teams. However, this is IRRELEVANT. Many NFL stars have been less productive than him in college. And many NFL busts have been more productive than JJ Watt in college.

Using college stats to try and predict NFL success or failure is a waste of time.

Myles Garrett had as many sacks as a sophomore in college than JJ Watt did over his entire college career.

College stats are irrelevant to NFL success. When will you clowns get this point?

Okay I concede Myles Garrett did not have a great collegiate career in terms of production against SEC teams. However, this is IRRELEVANT. Many NFL stars have been less productive than him in college. And many NFL busts have been more productive than JJ Watt in college.

Using college stats to try and predict NFL success or failure is a waste of time.

Then why watch college tape at all, Skippy?

Then why watch college tape at all, Skippy?

What? Tape is the only thing that tells us how good a player is. As the Joey Bosa sack tape showed, you can get 10 sacks in a season and 5 of them can be lucky.

Watching tape is the only way to tell who can play and who can't. The stat sheet doesn't tell you whether a guy is making plays or just getting lucky.

Then why do you keep touting his performance vs UCLA and saying he dominated every game he played in? Now you're saying he didn't have a productive college career. Which one is it? NOBODY doubts he's fast, can jump high, is strong or has long arms but athleticism alone doesn't make a productive football player. Hence how Barnett can be "worse" than Garrett in just about everyone of those categories, yet repeatedly outperform him against the exact same competition.

What? Tape is the only thing that tells us how good a player is. As the Joey Bosa sack tape showed, you can get 10 sacks in a season and 5 of them can be lucky.

Watching tape is the only way to tell who can play and who can't. The stat sheet doesn't tell you whether a guy is making plays or just getting lucky.

But what's interesting is that if you watch Garrett's tape from SEC play, you'll see him rarely getting to the QB. Stats are not gospel, but they rarely disagree with what happens on the field.

Then why do you keep touting his performance vs UCLA and saying he dominated every game he played in? Now you're saying he didn't have a productive college career. Which one is it? NOBODY doubts he's fast, can jump high, is strong or has long arms but athleticism alone doesn't make a productive football player. Hence how Barnett can be "worse" than Garrett in just about everyone of those categories, yet repeatedly outperform him against the exact same competition.

I don't watch every game a prospect plays. I only watch a select number of games and try to identify traits that can translate to the next level. I don't care if Myles Garrett did not dominate every game he played in college. I don't care if he didn't dominate in the SEC.

What I saw in the UCLA game and the Arizona State game a year earlier were sufficient for me to say he will be a Hall of Fame caliber player in the NFL. He exhibited skills and traits that are rare. His burst off the ball is outstanding. His ability to turn the edge and lower his body his one of a kind. His ability to convert speed to power is second to none. He's the best defensive end prospect I have ever seen in my life.

I don't need stats to tell if a player like Myles Garrett will be elite. I don't even need the combine for someone like Myles Garrett. Some guys just jump of the screen as all time great. And that is what Myles Garrett does. When I saw him play at A&M, I saw all-time great. He does things on tape that All-Pros in the NFL can't even do.

You guys will be SHOCKED by how dominant he is in the NFL. I haven't been comparing him to Bruce Smith for no reason.

The 3 best players in the 2017 Draft are Josh Dobbs, Corey Davis, and Myles Garrett.

These 3 will be all-time great.

The 3 best players in the 2017 Draft are Josh Dobbs, Corey Davis, and Myles Garrett.

These 3 will be all-time great.

So just to be clear, when you say all time greats. Are you saying 20-30 years from now we will be talking about Dobbs in the same sentence as Montana, Brady and Manning? Davis in the same breath as Rice, Sharpe, Largent, Ownes, Moss and Calvin Johnson? And lastly, will we be mentioning Garrett along the likes of White, Smith and Watt?

I don't watch every game a prospect plays. I only watch a select number of games and try to identify traits that can translate to the next level. I don't care if Myles Garrett did not dominate every game he played in college. I don't care if he didn't dominate in the SEC.

What I saw in the UCLA game and the Arizona State game a year earlier were sufficient for me to say he will be a Hall of Fame caliber player in the NFL. He exhibited skills and traits that are rare. His burst off the ball is outstanding. His ability to turn the edge and lower his body his one of a kind. His ability to convert speed to power is second to none. He's the best defensive end prospect I have ever seen in my life.

I don't need stats to tell if a player like Myles Garrett will be elite. I don't even need the combine for someone like Myles Garrett. Some guys just jump of the screen as all time great. And that is what Myles Garrett does. When I saw him play at A&M, I saw all-time great. He does things on tape that All-Pros in the NFL can't even do.

You guys will be SHOCKED by how dominant he is in the NFL. I haven't been comparing him to Bruce Smith for no reason.

When I saw him play, I saw a guy who played half hearted.

Then what is this?
http://www.volnation.com/forum/the-pub/261881-im-josh-dobbs-team.html

All you did was make stupid excuses for this! None of which any of us believe.

You have an issue and I hope you get help for it. Really!

Reactions: 2 people

Joey Bosa had an insane 59 QB hurries in like 10 games. That's not getting lucky.

VN Store

Back