D.J. Burns talks about his redshirt season

Right mind set gets you over the top when all other things are equal with your peers. From this article, Burns seems to be on the way.

Reactions: feathersax
I am always impressed with the class and intelligence our basketball players handle themselves with. Raised right, educated right, and understand who they are and why they're here. I look forward to watching DJ play for the Vols this season.

One thing that at least to me jumped out about Burns in person is he is looks to be every bit of the 6-9 he's listed at. I'd guess he's more like 6-10 but at worst he's one hell of a physical presence

Sounds like D.J. is locked and loaded for the 2019-20 Vols hoops season.

Guess this past year will be a big help, but experience is what it is, especially when you have none. Green at the point and I assume Burns at the 5 spot could make for a rough early start, but the 2, 3 and 4 spots will have some mixed experience and with some great exhibited potential and some odd new pieces that could add some range and firepower, even with consistency at risk... might expect a turnover or two more than last year.... Not sure who will have to share the 5 spot...

I will anxiously await to see what the staff can do with Fulky after they define his new role especially with Walker's departure... Zack and the new signee in the mix?

Reactions: wlkx

VN Store

Back