Currie's Ulterior Motive

rclaytons13

Think about this for a second. Fan base before today was probably split 50/50 on bringing Lane Kiffin back as UT's head coach. So what's Currie do to unite and excite the fan base??.... he goes out and attempts to hire someone that makes Kiffin look like a saint/savior and a homerun hire. After today's events, the majority of fans would gladly welcome Kiffin back with open arms and the bridge that was previously burnt can be rebuilt along with our football program.

You see, Currie is a genius.... "how does that blue font thing work again??!"

Reactions: 2 people
Think about this for a second. Fan base before today was probably split 50/50 on bringing Lane Kiffin back as UT's head coach. So what's Currie do to unite and excite the fan base??.... he goes out and attempts to hire someone that makes Kiffin look like a saint/savior and a homerun hire. After today's events, the majority of fans would gladly welcome Kiffin back with open arms and the bridge that was previously burnt can be rebuilt along with our football program.

You one of those creative Gruden writers? AKA an insider

apparently he couldn't find a coach in the Bahamas and decided he'd rather have a nice buy out like he had just given Butch.:mf_surrender:

You one of those creative Gruden writers? AKA an insider

I have as much "inside" info and know as much as anyone else on this board... which is jack squat. But you do have to admit, go read any thread that's been started today and see if the tone on Kiffin hasn't changed.

So the UT plan was alienate 80% of the fan base, create national headlines, scare off potential recruits, coaches, and coordinators, piss off former players, make Butch & Dooley look good, become the laughing stock of sports media, lose possible money to Schiano, and turn the legislature against UT...all in order to bring back Kiffin?

hmmm....

Reactions: 1 person
If it was a "smokescreen" theybwould have quelled the rumours once it started heating up. They let it get out of hand and Currie will be fired before Christmas.

I have as much "inside" info and know as much as anyone else on this board... which is jack squat. But you do have to admit, go read any thread that's been started today and see if the tone on Kiffin hasn't changed.

The tone on everything has changed!!
Everyone woke up thinking today that we would have a new, legit HC, differing only on who,
And now we go to bed hoping to get anyone that is not a Dooley or Jones but very little confidence!

Haha...I wished Currie was that smart and that was his plan.

Reactions: 3 people

I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't think Currie is that bright or cunning.

Agree with Slick. Clayton's suggestion had occurred to me, so I'm not trashing it. But I think it confuses cause and effect.

They would have to clear the entire administration out as well as a few wrecking services and towing companies for Kiffin to even have a shot in Knoxville. I’m not an insider, but I do know there is no way in Hell Kiffin would ever get a second look in Knoxville, even though I personally think they should roll out the red carpet to welcome him.

Please. If they wanted Kiffin back, they would have just gone and made the offer.

If that had happened and Kiffin took it, it would be a major comedown for both sides. UT swallowing their pride and forgiving what he did, and Kiffin effectively admitting that he made a mistake and never should have left.

VN Store

Back