Currie Is Devaluing Tennessee Brand

Remember that the right coach can pretty much fix anything. Think how low the Penn State program was during the height of the Sandusky scandal, and then look how fast they came back.

That has been a remarkable recovery that I don't think anyone could have anticipated.

It. Is. The. Haslams.

The brand of Tennessee is the Haslams. They own UT and they have destroyed it.

Doug Matthews was on this afternoon , in so many words confirmed what you said. May not happen immediately, but because of this, Jim Haslam and how he runs UT has been exposed. At some point and i suspect after this underwhelming hire has been made and the attendance takes a nose dive, they're going to have to choose between Big Jim and the people who fill the stands. Somebody is going to lose.

Reactions: 2 people
You're 100% spot on. The athletic department has been a disgrace since Dickey retired. This is the main reason good coaches avoid the Vols. The current chancellor wants to be Vanderbilt....well....she can shove it. She needs GTFO and go to Sewanee if this her goal..

103rd in Academics says they're failing at that too. Remind me again why we hire buffoons to run everything at Tennessee..

Reactions: 3 people
Doug Matthews was on this afternoon , in so many words confirmed what you said. May not happen immediately, but because of this, Jim Haslam and how he runs UT has been exposed. At some point and i suspect after this underwhelming hire has been made and the attendance takes a nose dive, they're going to have to choose between Big Jim and the people who fill the stands. Somebody is going to lose.

Is it really still Big Jim calling the shots though? I have a feeling Schiano was Jimmy’s idea.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you talking about the report that Davenport offered him less than the original amount after she saw his buyout, etc.? I believe that was Clay Travis--has it been verified? Travis has been coming off as a pretty sloppy "journalist" throughout this coaching search.

After the University denied it I did hear that someone else came out and confirmed what Clay said to be true. I just don't know who confirmed. Could have been Brice.

If an underwhelming hire is made (likely), then I agree that it will have to play out that way. But, until then, it honestly seems like the fans' "voice" has opened up a "third" possibility. I'm not saying the fans discovered this through ingenuity--I think this silver lining has emerged (quite unexpectedly) as a consequence of the whole fiasco.

Is it really still Big Jim calling the shots though? I have a feeling Schiano was Jimmy’s idea.

It seems to me like it's Big Jim who wants/needs the UTAD influence/access/power/control. When he asserts that power, he likely consults his guys, Jimmy being one of them.

Everyone has contributed to this dumpster fire. We're going down on this boat together. If Currie salvages this, I wouldn't fire him. He'd be a damn miracle worker. That said, I don't even know what salvaging this looks like. I hope I get to find out.

Absolutely nothing good will happen as long as Currie is at Tennessee, mark my words, Nothing!:twocents:

The case could be made that the fanbase devalued the brand by their reaction to the Schiano debacle.

At this point, however, it is simply undeniable that Currie is devaluing our brand. Davenport, having not acted on this, is also now culpable in this ongoing devaluing of our brand.

Currie must be fired.
Davenport should probably also be relieved of her duties.

Do you agree that the Tennessee brand is being damaged by these two individuals?

This makes way too much sense for the superegos and the “superior intellect” that run UT Administration. But if you’d like to donate $10 million, someone might meet with you to discuss it.

Another strange thing about this search since the Schiano fiasco. The UTAD was absolutely airtight up until the Schiano leak. But now, it seems like we know about every phone call as soon as it happens. It's possible (alluded to in an earlier post) that this is Davenport's doing. Currie is, from her angle, a dead man walking and she's not letting anything go down without knowing the public opinion. I'm not sure how this helps her at this point, but it's interesting to think about and makes me wonder if she's biding time to try and figure out if she can "safely" disassociate with Haslam and align herself with the "others"--whoever they might be.

This makes way too much sense for the superegos and the “superior intellect” that run UT Administration. But if you’d like to donate $10 million, someone might meet with you to discuss it.

I think that pretty well describes the situation. But maybe we're seeing the emergence of a new paradigm.

Sexton is a pimp i don't care that he went to UT. UT shouldn't care that he went to UT. For a bunch of clowns that pride themselves in sporting that business degree around, they sure get bent over on hires and contracts. Go figure they suck at that too.

Sexton is a pimp i don't care that he went to UT. UT shouldn't care that he went to UT. For a bunch of clowns that pride themselves in sporting that business degree around, they sure get bent over on hires and contracts. Go figure they suck at that too.

I thought he was talking about Big Jim's son, Jimmy Haslam.

After the University denied it I did hear that someone else came out and confirmed what Clay said to be true. I just don't know who confirmed. Could have been Brice.

I think Davenport is playing Currie for as long as she can while she firms up her own contingency plans.

I think Davenport is playing Currie for as long as she can while she firms up her own contingency plans.

It also seems plausible that she doesn't have the go ahead to simply fire Currie and, so, she's doing what she can to frustrate him into resigning.

Butch Jones spent the past 5 years devaluing the UT brand and you chumps went along with it.
"Oh but he's such a good recruiter!"
"Oh our team has so much talent!"
"He's got a system! Brick-by-brick, ya know?"

The only thing that is devaluing the Brand is the i got a orange shirt want to be coaches an admin on the internet.

He's a pimp and Tennesse is his personal prostitute. He uses us to get his clients raises whether they come here or not.

Butch Jones spent the past 5 years devaluing the UT brand and you chumps went along with it.
"Oh but he's such a good recruiter!"
"Oh our team has so much talent!"
"He's got a system! Brick-by-brick, ya know?"

I don't think this is at all the case. I would say that most were very frustrated by the hire. And I wouldn't say they "went along with it." I'd say we endured it.

VN Store

Back