Current Uniforms Ranked 49th GOAT in All of Sports

mrredskin

That Guy aka WattsBarBro
Per "The Score"

<<<More bright colors in football, please! The Vols hit their orange and white design out of the park nearly a century ago and have stuck with it ever since. Tennessee's current getup evokes the traditions of one of the most popular programs in America, yet it also features a few modern touches - namely the font - to maintain a near-perfect balance.>>>

GOAT Uniforms: '90s dynasties, underrated gems shine as we enter top 50

“All of sports” is waaaaaaaaay to broad of a category to do this with. JMO. But, since it is such a big category and there’s literally hundreds upon hundreds of teams out there (or more) to compare it to, 49th is pretty good.

Some of the very best IMO.

They seem to have a love it, or hate it uni.
I'm all for tradition but that is one boring uniform. At least add a stripe around the numbers or something interesting on the shoulder.

Notice they said orange and white. Not the trashy alternates. Tennessee has a unique brand in our Tennessee Orange and white that is one of our main marketing advantages. Fulmer and the traditionalist know it.
I would like to see an orange helmet with a white T, as an occasional alternative, but I strongly agree that we should just stick with the orange and white... anything else looks gimmicky. We are better than that.

I'm all for tradition but that is one boring uniform. At least add a stripe around the numbers or something interesting on the shoulder.

Sometimes boring is the tradition.

Workmanlike, all business, teamwork, greater than the individual, etc.

Reactions: onevol74
“All of sports” is waaaaaaaaay to broad of a category to do this with. JMO. But, since it is such a big category and there’s literally hundreds upon hundreds of teams out there (or more) to compare it to, 49th is pretty good.
There is still 40 more to go. It’s of all time too. We could have more in the count down from past years.

Sometimes boring is the tradition.

Workmanlike, all business, teamwork, greater than the individual, etc.
You forgot the tradition of allowing Chester the Molester to run rampant for at least 15 years. The whole program should’ve been shut down and the jerseys burned if you ask me.

Edit: Nothing directed at you personally. I just just don’t care for anything Penn St related since that scandal came out.

Reactions: Frozevol
inb4 this thread gets merged with the 900th uniform discussion thread.

In all honesty though, there's no way the Vols uniforms should be anything other than #1. They are clearly and objectively the greatest sports uniform ever created.

You forgot the tradition of allowing Chester the Molester to run rampant for at least 15 years. The whole program should’ve been shut down and the jerseys burned if you ask me.

Edit: Nothing directed at you personally. I just just don’t care for anything Penn St related since that scandal came out.

No offense taken, and I understand your feelings towards Penn St.

Some of the very best IMO.

They seem to have a love it, or hate it uni.
Penn St looks like an under funded HS team. Understand team concept. Believe So Cal does it too. Good or bad, if I make a great play want fans to see name on jersey, make a bad one want to sneak off field.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
inb4 this thread gets merged with the 900th uniform discussion thread.

In all honesty though, there's no way the Vols uniforms should be anything other than #1. They are clearly and objectively the greatest sports uniform ever created.
Don’t think TN uni’s best but top 3 & most distinctive. No other school has color close to us.

Don’t think TN uni’s best but top 3 & most distinctive. No other school has color close to us.
Off topic, but why don’t we go over to track team to recruit walk ons. That run Powell made against Miami was fastest guy I ever saw. Gault most electrifying return man I ever saw. Majors knew where to get 5* without using scholarships.

VN Store

Back