Current Roster Details

Crazy there are only 9 juniors. The Pruitt experience killed that class.
There's technically two more juniors

Amari McNeil and Andre Turrentine will be redshirt sophomores. So they both have two seasons under their belt.

31 seniors
12 juniors *including redshirt sophomores and some of those juniors will be going into their 4th year

We have a very experienced team.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Do you have this plus their composite rating by star? Curious how many bluechips we have going into next season. 247's scholarship distro page is useless. T&M shows they have 41. We show 20...but many are incorrect. Surely we have over 30 at least. Had 27 last year.
Pretty sure in the team talent composite we will be a lot closer to 10 this season. Much better than 19th

Thanks LWS!! I really like the “Yrs left” column…eligibility isn’t as straight forward right now because of the Covid year…

One thing I like is I don’t see a position other than TE that will be decimated by graduation after this year…obviously, kids might transfer or leave early but just from a pure eligibility standpoint there’s not a position that will be a complete overhaul next year other than TE…it makes sense that we’re likely taking 3 in this class and will likely look at the portal for one more

The '21 and '22 class would haunt us so much without the transfer portal...

Still might bite us the next couple of years. I always wonder how much college football has been skewed by all the eligibility rule changes and COVID. You can in theory have 25/26yo men lining up across from a 18yo true freshman. That's going to be a bad time.

John Campbell has 2 years remaining.
2018 - Redshirt
2019 - 1st year of eligibility
2020 - Covid year
2021 - Medical Redshirt
2022 - 2nd year
2023 - 3rd year
2024 - 4th year
John Campbell, Jr.
No. If your first redshirt isn’t medically related, it’s not fait accompli that you get a second one. He can apply for one, but chances are thin…see Jerry Colquitt and Marcus Jackson.

Reactions: Honest Abe
No. If your first redshirt isn’t medically related, it’s not fait accompli that you get a second one. He can apply for one, but chances are thin…see Jerry Colquitt and Marcus Jackson.
In 2021, he didn’t play any games. If you don’t play for an entire season does it still use a year of eligibility?

In 2021, he didn’t play any games. If you don’t play for an entire season does it still use a year of eligibility?
Yes…if you’ve already utilized a redshirt. Which he did his true freshman year. AFTER this season he can PETITION for an extra season of eligibility…but it’s not automatic. Or in this case, likely.

As the season concludes we will begin to see names enter the portal here and elsewhere.

We almost all expect Nico to be the guy entering next year. But it’s crucial to have competition at every spot.

In the debate about whether or not to bring a QB transfer in, I feel like we need an experienced guy to back up compete with Nico.

Not many names entered yet. But one that entered today is Tyler Shough (pronounced shuck) I believe. Played at Oregon and recently Texas Tech. Not sure hed want to be back up as he’s a one year guy, But would be a quality fit for this system with a lot experience.

As the season concludes we will begin to see names enter the portal here and elsewhere.

We almost all expect Nico to be the guy entering next year. But it’s crucial to have competition at every spot.

In the debate about whether or not to bring a QB transfer in, I feel like we need an experienced guy to back up compete with Nico.

Not many names entered yet. But one that entered today is Tyler Shough (pronounced shuck) I believe. Played at Oregon and recently Texas Tech. Not sure hed want to be back up as he’s a one year guy, But would be a quality fit for this system with a lot experience.
As many have pointed out, quarterbacks do not transfer somewhere to be a backup. Uncle Rico is available.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Keenan Pili still has to clear the NCAA hurdles. Not being a pessimist. Just trying to temper our enthusiasm until he is granted an additional year, which I think is likely. But not a sure thing either!

Reactions: AllVols
Keenan Pili still has to clear the NCAA hurdles. Not being a pessimist. Just trying to temper our enthusiasm until he is granted an additional year, which I think is likely. But not a sure thing either!
I wonder how much the lawsuit UT is part of affects his request. You'd think it would be a simple one but right now UT is suing the NCAA along with some other schools like OSU,Colorado and others to change the rule making transfers have to sit a year on their second transfer. Not directly related to Pili, that being said butthurt is universal.

No, he hasn't. There is still a bowl left to play. The NCAA cannot clear him until he doesn't play in that bowl.
You can actually list yourself as inactive with medical proof you would not be medically cleared to play for the bowl game to speed the decision. It’s my understanding that he’s been cleared for another year.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
You can actually list yourself as inactive with medical proof you would not be medically cleared to play for the bowl game to speed the decision. It’s my understanding that he’s been cleared for another year.
My apologies. I heard on 247 that they couldn’t rule on him until after the bowl. Obviously, they were wrong.

Since when does the NCAA do anything early?

VN Store

Back