Current CBB Coaching Hiring/Firing Thread

Army West Point athletics director Mike Buddie and Head Coach Jimmy Allen have mutually agreed to a change in the leadership of the Men’s Basketball program, effective immediately.

Jimmy Allen was introduced as the Lee Anderson Men’s Basketball Head Coach on March 30, 2016, compiling a 98-112 record in seven seasons.

Most interesting name making the rounds at Idaho is Kermit Davis. The former head coach at Ole Miss (fired last month), and MTSU (2002-18), also had two previous stints as the head coach at Idaho. He led the Vandals from 1988-90 and then again from 1996-97. Another name here is Kris “Bucket” Baumann. He’s an Idaho alum who is currently 28-2 as the head coach at JUCO Odessa College, and has had a ton of success there over the past 5 seasons. Lasty, Long Beach State head coach Dan Monson’s name has been floated here – he’s another Idaho alum.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Early name gaining steam at Austin Peay is Morehead State assistant coach Scott Combs. The APSU alum has been at MSU for the past four seasons, and had a successful run as the head coach at NAIA Martin Methodist before that. He also spent 12-seasons as an assistant on Dave Loos’ staff at Austin Peay following his graduation.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I mentioned a few names at Green Bay yesterday. Multiple guys telling me to add Bradley associate head coach Jimmie Foster to the list. He had been an assistant at GB for five seasons before following Brian Wardle to Bradley. Two other interesting names are both current D1 head coaches – one who has been talked about a lot who had previous success in the league, and another former Wardle staffer who has had a very good season at his current spot. At least one of those two guys is chasing it “hard.”

The obvious hot early name at High Point is Tennessee associate head coach Justin Gainey. He’s a high Point native who played at NC State, and also worked at Marquette, Arizona, Santa Clara, App State, and Elon.

If Gainey lands the High Point job, who does the board think that Barnes should go after to replace him?

I'd love to see a buyout of CRB in order to secure Beard before he is off the board.

There's a lot of chatter about TT coach being a jerk to everyone, beyond his Bible quoting remarks. After losing Beard, expectations were quite high and he hasn't met them, making boosters and fans at best ambivalent about him staying. A lot want him gone.

If he were winning, the Bible quoting would be a non-issue. Maybe a "say you're sorry or something" at worst and that would be it. But he's losing so.....OUTRAGE!!

Reactions: lynnh and Okie
Mark Adams steps down at Texas Tech. Wonder if they try to get Beard back before Ole Miss gets him.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Did Patrick Ewing just coach his last college basketball game?

One would surely think and hope so. He's not done anything lately,and it's gotten worse. Loyalty to a coach because he won you a national championship as a player 40 years ago only counts for so much.

As far as Louisville, I think they're in it for the long haul with their rebuild with Payne. Also, I'm surprised that Ole Miss looks to be taking the route of hiring Chris Beard. I'd go after a good mid major coach. There's some pretty good ones there,and ones that haven't recently lost their jobs over domestic abuse.

VN Store

Back