Cure Bowl - Liberty (9-1) vs #12 Coastal Carolina (11-0) 7:30 Pm Est.

That Liberty fumble in the last minute is sooooo Tennessee

yes, but HF had a sound strategy. Same one used by AU to beat Oregon in the NC game. Its not HF's fault his RB had a mental breakdown and ran into the line.

Funny thing is, McCall had been running all over Liberty w the triple option all night...soooo in OT what do they call?

3 straight pocket passes :rolleyes:

yes, but HF had a sound strategy. Same one used by AU to beat Oregon in the NC game. Its not HF's fault his RB had a mental breakdown and ran into the line.

Funny thing is, McCall had been running all over Liberty w the triple option all night...soooo in OT what do they call?

Coaches have a lot of brain farts...
Just like everyone else.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
That Liberty fumble in the last minute is sooooo Tennessee
Or Kevin Steele's second game as HC at Baylor in 1999. He lost the game, team and program all in one play.

Last edited:

I’m not questioning the strategy at all. I wonder why the QB just didn’t take the snap and run to the line and kneel down.

Butch had the same situation in 2013 first and goal with about 2minutes left in a tie game with Ga. Ga I believe was out of TOs and I said to my friend that I’d kneel on the ball to run the clock down and either score on 3rd down or Kick the FG. Tennessee scored a TD with 1:30 left & Aaron Murray brought Ga back to tie the game on the last play. Pig Howard fumbled in OT & Ga won. You can’t make this **** up.

Well, they don't practice that. I'm sure he thought "run up to the 1 yard line and kneel" but he lost control of the situation. I thought both teams played very smart, I really did. The fumble obviously is not the hot ticket.

I have said many times that I would not want to lead by a touchdown and give the other guys 2 minutes on the clock if I could help it. I think about 30% of coaches will kill clock in that situation and 70% don't. I've never seen a defense try to help somebody score a touchdown but it was clearly the right thing to do.

yeah, Rece can kick rocks. You dont give the ball back with time on the clock when your defense is tired and has been run over the entire 2d half.

if scoring a TD was the right move for Liberty, why did CC pull the RB into the end zone?

VN Store

Back