Curbside/Pickup Dining Deals

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
A number of restaurants are offering great options for affordable meals during this difficult time. Please share your finds.

I'll start:

Bonefish has some awesome family bundles, feeding 4-5 for about $40. We had the Lilly's Chicken, with bread, salad, 4 chicken breasts with spinach and artichokes, side of garlic mashed potatoes, and dessert for $39 tonight. I left a nice tip.

You can find the meals under the "catering" button on their site.

Lots of great options, just have to really pay attention to social media sites of these restaurants as they seem to be offering different deals for each meal each day. We got a great one from a local upscale restaurant this weekend that we are still working on!

Reactions: joevol33
A number of restaurants are offering great options for affordable meals during this difficult time. Please share your finds.

I'll start:

Bonefish has some awesome family bundles, feeding 4-5 for about $40. We had the Lilly's Chicken, with bread, salad, 4 chicken breasts with spinach and artichokes, side of garlic mashed potatoes, and dessert for $39 tonight. I left a nice tip.

You can find the meals under the "catering" button on their site.

Isn't Bonefish the home of Bang Bang Shrimp? Delish!

Seasons in Turkey Creek had a spaghetti employee-benefit dinner the other night, and I believe they are planning to do more of these.

We're going to pick up some BKW wings this weekend.

I'll remind everyone too to check out your local small restaurants. You have an idea, but you really don't know what this is doing to most of them. If this goes on much longer many will not survive.
@kiddiedoc @VolNExile @volwindy @joevol33 @Tin Man and my other friends from what’s for dinner thread...
thanks butchplz for pointing out what I have wanted to say in a couple of threads but didn’t. I will say I think for the first time ever on volnation that I am the owner of one of those small restaurants and this couldn’t be more true. Generalities probably, and their are exceptions but there is a distinct difference between a corporate, franchise and family owned single place.

Yes bonefish grill, Applebee’s, chili’s, et al has employees that need the money but at the end of the day corporate doesn’t give a crap and they lay-off, close, or downsize employees as merely a business decision and will send shift employees home on a slow shift even if they didn’t make gas money to be there for an hour, but will open back up when this mess subsides with or without the same employees. Im not saying this to pat my self on the back but i am paying employees out of my pocket so they can pay their mortgages and so their kids have food ( they are taking home excess food every night for their families or others in need too) because they are family to me and have been the reason I have been successful. Please remember a lot of small restaurants borrowed money or mortgaged their house to open and they can least afford to fail making ends meet and by and large we genuinely care about our employees and communities as family. I have no debt I couldn’t afford to do what I’m doing so I’m blesssed in that regard.
When the gov of NC mandated no eat in my business dropped 75% for two reasons. Not a lot of residential with in 5 miles and a lot of high tech companies (my normal catering and eat in customers) made employees work from home And cancelled all meetings and travel.
Care about your small locals because we care about our neighbors. The deal we are running today is to buy two meals and we will provide a meal or two for you to take to your elderly neighbor, someone sick, first responder or a healthcare worker who is putting in long hours serving the public. In other words be nice to someone and we’ll pay for it.
thanks for listening lol

@kiddiedoc @VolNExile @volwindy @joevol33 @Tin Man and my other friends from what’s for dinner thread...
thanks butchplz for pointing out what I have wanted to say in a couple of threads but didn’t. I will say I think for the first time ever on volnation that I am the owner of one of those small restaurants and this couldn’t be more true. Generalities probably, and their are exceptions but there is a distinct difference between a corporate, franchise and family owned single place.

Yes bonefish grill, Applebee’s, chili’s, et al has employees that need the money but at the end of the day corporate doesn’t give a crap and they lay-off, close, or downsize employees as merely a business decision and will send shift employees home on a slow shift even if they didn’t make gas money to be there for an hour, but will open back up when this mess subsides with or without the same employees. Im not saying this to pat my self on the back but i am paying employees out of my pocket so they can pay their mortgages and so their kids have food ( they are taking home excess food every night for their families or others in need too) because they are family to me and have been the reason I have been successful. Please remember a lot of small restaurants borrowed money or mortgaged their house to open and they can least afford to fail making ends meet and by and large we genuinely care about our employees and communities as family. I have no debt I couldn’t afford to do what I’m doing so I’m blesssed in that regard.
When the gov of NC mandated no eat in my business dropped 75% for two reasons. Not a lot of residential with in 5 miles and a lot of high tech companies (my normal catering and eat in customers) made employees work from home And cancelled all meetings and travel.
Care about your small locals because we care about our neighbors. The deal we are running today is to buy two meals and we will provide a meal or two for you to take to your elderly neighbor, someone sick, first responder or a healthcare worker who is putting in long hours serving the public. In other words be nice to someone and we’ll pay for it.
thanks for listening lol
I *was* a manager at a local restaurant until we had to close up over this. I just hope they'll be able to open back up. Dunno how long it'll take the insurance to cover the cost of repurchasing all the lost food. Hopefully KUB and others take pity on small businesses.

thanks for listening lol
People will hopefully remember the kindness.

My wife owns a bakery and is at about 10% of normal sales.

Proprietary restaurants near me are attempting to stay afloat with limited staffs preparing pick up meals. Some have joined food delivery services. The wife and I keep them in mind and have ordered food for pick-up. We don't want to lose our local favorites.

Seasons in Turkey Creek had a spaghetti employee-benefit dinner the other night, and I believe they are planning to do more of these.

We're going to pick up some BKW wings this weekend.
Th line of cars around Seasons the night of the spaghetti benefit was crazy.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Th line of cars around Seasons the night of the spaghetti benefit was crazy.

Mystery solved. I was wondering if you ever figured that out.

Buffalo Wild Wings was not prepared for BOGO Tuesday. Running an hour wait to get your food. Maybe they are better prepared next week.

Mystery solved. I was wondering if you ever figured that out.

Buffalo Wild Wings was not prepared for BOGO Tuesday. Running an hour wait to get your food. Maybe they are better prepared next week.
I actually stopped and asked on of the guys directing traffic what was going on. lol.

Proprietary restaurants near me are attempting to stay afloat with limited staffs preparing pick up meals. Some have joined food delivery services. The wife and I keep them in mind and have ordered food for pick-up. We don't want to lose our local favorites.
Our Ruby Tuesday closed so we drove to the next city over to pick up our order.. they had 3 employees and about 15 cars out in the parking lot...we paid online but they tried to get us to pay again at the curb.. gave us to large bags.. but somehow forgot to put our entrees in the bag...didn't realize till we were back home

Our Ruby Tuesday closed so we drove to the next city over to pick up our order.. they had 3 employees and about 15 cars out in the parking lot...we paid online but they tried to get us to pay again at the curb.. gave us to large bags.. but somehow forgot to put our entrees in the bag...didn't realize till we were back home

I'm not sure why you chose to quote my post to relate your story. The restaurants my wife and I patronize and hope survive are independent, not franchises of regional or national chains.

I'm not sure why you chose to quote my post to relate your story. The restaurants my wife and I patronize and hope survive are independent, not franchises of regional or national chains.
Thanks for that and I’m sure with the eclectic mix of things that I’ve seen you order there’s a lot of appreciation for that! @JCHateSteve I left you out of the thanks post above and I know I’ve seen you hit some awesome takeout spots. Those places need yalls support now more than ever!

Reactions: JCHateSteve

thanks for listening lol
Oh I know, that's why we went to a local place this weekend! It was an upscale place, and I imagine they will struggle because of their prices, people don't want to pay what we did.

Hoping to go to our favorite local wing place this weekend if they are open. I only eat out once a week, so it makes it hard to support a lot.

Where in NC are you?

Thanks for that and I’m sure with the eclectic mix of things that I’ve seen you order there’s a lot of appreciation for that! @JCHateSteve I left you out of the thanks post above and I know I’ve seen you hit some awesome takeout spots. Those places need yalls support now more than ever!
Indeed, the local folks are getting hit the hardest by all this. Lots of good deals going for takeout right now too. I always support local buisness if I have a choice.

Reactions: bag12day
Yassin's is very busy. Calhoun's at Pellissippi is very busy. Calhoun's has a maze to drive through to get in line.

Clinch River Brewery has a smaller menu but the food is amazing and you can get your growlers filled! That and it's in a straight beautiful place.

Last edited:
I'm not scared of the Rona and if I didn't like to cook anyway I'd be fine ordering carryout, but I'm skeptical of the claim that you can't get it from food. Some kid sneezes on your pizza and it's totally cool?

Country Burrito on Hardin Valley is a family owned restaurant to my knowledge. Really good food and they will sell you their house margarita 32oz for $10.99 or 16oz for $6.99 through their to-go window(they are in where the old KFC used to be). All the other restaurants are only selling already bottled beverages.

Add Olive Garden in Turkey Creek to the list of places that do NOT need help. That place was packed with to go cars on Tuesday of all days.

We threw some love at Double Dogs in Hardin Valley tonight. They also have $30 family meals.

My sister is one of the managers at our local Texas Roadhouse. In normal times the restaurant is always packed. She said they are scrambling like crazy to keep up now that it's curbside only. They cancelled her vacation last week. She's worked 8 days straight and long hours. Be kind to your service workers. It must be a logistics nightmare.

VN Store

Back