Cuonzo supporters put to rest

Why lie?

They were not ranked in the preseason in any poll.

20 plus wins and Sweet 16 surpassed expectations by far.

Year two they won 20 games and got snubbed all while missing the best player for the whole year. I see you didn't actually watch back then .

So finished above the real actual expectations each year. Not the message board agenda inflated expectations.

Yes more talent now.

We had one actual NBA player on that team and he was a third option.

We have several guys that will play some games in the NBA. At least one will stick like J Rich did.

Please stfu. Cuonzo had more talent than Barnes every year but this year and he left the cupboard completely bare when he bolted for Cal. Cuonzo’s last team was one of the more talented teams Tennessee has ever had.

Please stfu. Cuonzo had more talent than Barnes every year but this year and he left the cupboard completely bare when he bolted for Cal. Cuonzo’s last team was one of the more talented teams Tennessee has ever had.

From a pure talent perspective this team isn't even as good as those either. This team just busts their ass and gets better through hard work. If Grant and Admiral had the sheer talent some of those other dudes had they would be surefire 1st rounders and about 4 inches each taller.

I know this isn't exactly the proper forum - but I have read on a few occasions how Coach Conzo Martin was treated poorly here at Tennessee, etc. etc. While he is certainly a fine gentleman, he just isn't a quality basketball coach and apparently I and most of the Missouri faithful
have reached the same conclusion after watching the first half of their basketball game tonight. Their team is simply unwatchable and it makes me physically ill watching them try to run their offense. The have amassed 26 points in the first half tonight in front of what looks like to be
4,000 fans. He lasted 3 years at UT, 3 years at Cal, and midway through his second year at Missouri - not looking like a long tenure there. I don't see how Missouri can afford to keep him another year. Their attendance has dropped from 15,000 to 5,000 ouch.

In contrast. what a joy and a pleasure to watch our well coached team. Win or lose going forward, we are blessed with this coaching staff and with the quality young men of character that give their all for Tennessee each week.

Sorry - not really trying to take a shot at another team and another coach - just couldn't continue watching - so I jumped on VolNation to try to get in a better mood.

I had to suffer through 3 years of watching that dismal offense, so seeing it again I had flashbacks and felt the need to bring up and complain about his coaching, Butch Jone's coaching, Derek Dooley's coaching, Todd Raleigh's coaching, Holly Warlick's coaching, Bruce Pearl's bar b q's etc. etc.

If he didn't want me to complain about his coaching tonight, then he should put a better product on the court.

Reactions: mackievol
Agreed, I'm sure he is a great guy but coaching basketball at this level appears to be difficult for him.

VN Store

Back