Cuonzo releases Landry

You are right put me on ignore because while your loyalty is admirable your intelligence is something else.

I'm not the one saying a borderline 2* recruit is equal to a top 150 player in the country. You have an issue with how this was handled ok, but arguing that Landry and Thompson are equally talented is a joke.

Reactions: 2 people
:unsure:
Bolded part 1: seriously, this is the first player being released from a LOI you've ever heard about? There's been at least 20 this offseason alone I would say, look em up, it won't take long.

Bolded part 2: that's your opinion, not fact. You don't know he was strung out, maybe he asked for a release, YOU DON'T KNOW.

Bolded part 3: well sorry to hear that, I'm sure that hurts Zos feelings. However, a father of a top 20 recruit and 5* thinks Zo is the guy who should be his father figure the next 4 years, and the respect a father a recruit has is probably more important than yours.

His dad said two weeks ago that the coaching staff hadn't told him anything about him not being a part of this team.

I know people are let out of their letters of intent and honestly if they get on campus and can't make the team, they should go somewhere else. There is a big difference in recruiting a kid, allowing him to sign and then send him packing after the spring signing period has already started..

This was a very low class move by martin

Reactions: 4 people
No, I am sure CCM did not force him to do anything. He also had not told the kid at that point he was trying to find another PG to take his spot either.

It's not hypocritical at all. My opinion of dropping a kid without warning has nothing to do with our team playing poorly. There are things you do in recruiting and things you don't. When you cross that line, let the shi*storm begin.

When your winning titles and have kids lined up around the block looking to commit, then you can pull some BS like this and usually get away with it. I thought CCM had more integrity than this.

Best of luck finding a place to play to Landry. You deserved better kid.

So you think this is going to crush Martin in recruiting? When he has a top 20 class in 2014 I'll be sure to bump this, it won't affect his recruiting at all, I'm pretty certain.

I'm not the one saying a borderline 2* recruit is equal to a top 150 player in the county, you're a joke.

Wasn't u calling him a 3* recruit and you were talking about how he would help our team as a back up pg due to his ball handling and defense. You argue out of both sides of your mouth bc of your insane love for Zo....when we looked at ndiaye, you said that no way Zo would sign him and how marginal he was but after he signed, you were talking about how Zo saw something in him bc some very bad sec schools had looked at him too.

So you think this is going to crush Martin in recruiting? When he has a top 20 class in 2014 I'll be sure to bump this, it won't affect his recruiting at all, I'm pretty certain.

He hasn't had one yet so don't forget to bump it when he doesn't get one

:unsure:

His dad said two weeks ago that the coaching staff hadn't told him anything about him not being a part of this team.

I know people are let out of their letters of intent and honestly if they get on campus and can't make the team, they should go somewhere else. There is a big difference in recruiting a kid, allowing him to sign and then send him packing after the spring signing period has already started..

This was a very low class move by martin

I'm fairly certain Martin didn't call travon today and say, he bro sorry but you're out. If that's how it went then I'm wrong and I believe it's a bad move. However, I have a feeling travon has been in contact and aware of the situation for awhile now and that he knew as soon as stokes came back he wasn't coming here. Like I've dai repeatedly, you don't know (neither do I) how this played out. Maybe Travon called Martin a month ago and said coach, I realize there may not be a lot of PT available, I think I may have made a mistake. Id like to think things over but if I want my release would you be ok with that since your likely going to be over on numbers anyways? I don't know that's how it went, but like I said neither do you.

1 week ago Landry potentially has a scholly here. CCM let him sign in Nov because he had no other pg at the time. Maymon was expected to play. Landry was fully expected to be on the roster in NOV. He failed to improve. CCM had to still upgrade the pg position and signed Thompson. Potentially at that time, there still was a scolly for Landry. Hell, we still don't know if Thompson will be a quality pg. He's a combo guard, just like all the other pg CCM has signed. We are just 7 days from when we knew that we are 1 over. It sucks, but it is what it is. Like I said, it's much better for Landry for this to happen now, then to wait next year and release him.

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't u calling him a 3* recruit and you were talking about how he would help our team as a back up pg due to his ball handling and defense. You argue out of both sides of your mouth bc of your insane love for Zo....when we looked at ndiaye, you said that no way Zo would sign him and how marginal he was but after he signed, you were talking about how Zo saw something in him bc some very bad sec schools had looked at him too.

1. I said Landry could help, BEFORE we signed Thompson and BEFORE Landry regressed.

2. I never said "no way" Zo would sign him.

So, since you're resorting to making stuff up now to prove a point it's probably a good time to just stop.

I'm fairly certain Martin didn't call travon today and say, he bro sorry but you're out. If that's how it went then I'm wrong and I believe it's a bad move. However, I have a feeling travon has been in contact and aware of the situation for awhile now and that he knew as soon as stokes came back he wasn't coming here. Like I've dai repeatedly, you don't know (neither do I) how this played out. Maybe Travon called Martin a month ago and said coach, I realize there may not be a lot of PT available, I think I may have made a mistake. Id like to think things over but if I want my release would you be ok with that since your likely going to be over on numbers anyways? I don't know that's how it went, but like I said neither do you.

You keep ignoring the fact MARTIN OVER SIGNED THIS SPRING TO CAUSE THE PROBLEM. Landry didnt say he was going to look elsewhere until he was told there wasn't room for him now. Somebody had to go, the point is Martin shouldn't have ever made a commitment to the kid if he wasn't going to back it up.

1 week ago Landry potentially has a scholly here. CCM let him sign in Nov because he had no other pg at the time. Maymon was expected to play. Landry was fully expected to be on the roster in NOV. He failed to improve. CCM had to still upgrade the pg position and signed Thompson. Potentially at that time, there still was a scolly for Landry. Hell, we still don't know if Thompson will be a quality pg. He's a combo guard, just like all the other pg CCM has signed. We are just 7 days from when we knew that we are 1 over. It sucks, but it is what it is. Like I said, it's much better for Landry for this to happen now, then to wait next year and release him.

I agree with all this. I also don't think Zo called today and dropped this bomb on Travon, I'd say they've communicated and this had been talked about for a couple of weeks most likeky.

There are two signing periods for a reason.....don't let him sign if he is not already div 1 PG.....Martin should be a better recruiter than that.

You keep ignoring the fact MARTIN OVER SIGNED THIS SPRING TO CAUSE THE PROBLEM. Landry didnt say he was going to look elsewhere until he was told there wasn't room for him now. Somebody had to go, the point is Martin shouldn't have ever made a commitment to the kid if he wasn't going to back it up.

Lmao ok. As already mentioned, saban does this, and butch will do it too...it happens.

I agree with all this. I also don't think Zo called today and dropped this bomb on Travon, I'd say they've communicated and this had been talked about for a couple of weeks most likeky.

Couple of weeks.....is he that bad of an evaluator.....I could have told Zo in November that Martin would not see the floor here

Can you honestly not see the difference? He should not have signed him bc it was obvious he was not going to add anything to our team....he did sign him and then ran him off within two months of him showing up on campus. Telling him that u will never ever play is the same thing as running him off.....I'm positive that wasn't the recruiting speech he gave him when he got him to sign.....it's not right or even close to ethical at all but I'm glad he did it bc Martin is not a high major player.

And yet somehow you mind readers know how the conversation went. Wow you guys are good. I wish I could turn into a fly and sit in on conversations and post it on VN. How do you flies do that?

There are two signing periods for a reason.....don't let him sign if he is not already div 1 PG.....Martin should be a better recruiter than that.

You don't let him sign and he goes elsewhere. In November the staff wasn't planning on pursuing Thompson and probably assumed landry would progress not digress. Coaches over sign and cut players to improve their team yearly...as bravo said saban has about 10 of these a year, how many are complaining about it? Butch will undoubtedly have a couple this year also, let's see how many jump his a$$.

VN Store

Back