Cuonzo Martin would love this team

I think the thing that I hated most about Cuonzo's game management was calling the TOs after made baskets late in close games. The TBA would be rocking and instead of letting the momentum build he'd kill it to set up his dad blame defense. I wonder if he still does that?

Reactions: sport3500
He literally finished above projections and expectations each year. Check the preseason vs final rankings. It is a fact.

You family being threatened by racists and the team and media catching wind of it and talking about it isn't "playing the race card," which isn't a thing anyway.

Why are people bringing up Zo anyway? He isn't here. Barnes also had a year everyone claimed Zo would have but never did. Its funny how people look at the two and their results are very similar here. But Zo's teams actually got stronger each year and made a run towards the postseason. This team looks like it may collapse and wait for next year. I hope we make a run though. Zo had zero teams finish .500 or worse. Even with a young team. Barnes after this year may have 3 of 5 seasons at .500 or worse.
Except he completely made it up. There were no racist threats.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
He literally finished above projections and expectations each year. Check the preseason vs final rankings. It is a fact.

You family being threatened by racists and the team and media catching wind of it and talking about it isn't "playing the race card," which isn't a thing anyway.

Why are people bringing up Zo anyway? He isn't here. Barnes also had a year everyone claimed Zo would have but never did. Its funny how people look at the two and their results are very similar here. But Zo's teams actually got stronger each year and made a run towards the postseason. This team looks like it may collapse and wait for next year. I hope we make a run though. Zo had zero teams finish .500 or worse. Even with a young team. Barnes after this year may have 3 of 5 seasons at .500 or worse.
Cuonzo's modus operandi is to stay one year ahead of the disaster. He knew things were going to be difficult at Tennessee in 2015 and Cal in 2018 and they were. He left Cal in an even worse mess than he did Tennessee. As for the 2014 team, we all remember that season was a disappointment. The team had two solid future NBA players in Jordan McRae and Josh Richardson but only made the NCAA Tournament as an 11 seed in a first four game and was able to advance to the Sweet 16 only because Mercer upset Duke. He got lucky. That is still the highlight of a very mediocre head coaching career. Unless Missouri wins the SEC Tournament, in 9 seasons of coaching 3 power 5 programs, who all have a decent history, Cuonzo Martin will have made the NCAA Tournament a grand total of three times - once at each school. Martin's offense has been a struggle in every stop. Nothing ever comes easy... and he has had at least some NBA talent in all three places.

When did he have us at #1? Zo could barely make the NCAA with three NBA players
He is going to try to say that the 2014 season was just as good as the 2019 season because both ended in the Sweet 16... and that is just stupid. A 24-13 season is not as good as a 31-6 season, just because one team had a favorable draw in the NCAA Tournament and the other didn't.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
At UT, which we are discussing, he had the same type of results aa Barnes except no .500 or below seasons.

That's a fact. Sorry y'all hate actual truth here.

Except he completely made it up. There were no racist threats.
That is a lie. You are making this up.

For one I personally know for a fact that he and his family received racists death threats. I doubt you have any first hand knowledge about this.

Two the team mentioned it and also the media.

A certain type of poster when hates Zo will deny it no matter what the truth is.

At UT, which we are discussing, he had the same type of results aa Barnes except no .500 or below seasons.

No, it's not. Barnes has made the NCAA Tournament twice, while Martin only made it once... and you just can't say that a 24-13 season is just as good as a 31-6 season. That is ridiculous.

For one I personally know for a fact that he and his family received racists death threats. I doubt you have any first hand knowledge about this.

A certain type of poster when hates Zo will deny it no matter what the truth is.
Considering i talked with the lead investigator who spoke to his family, and i know what "evidence" was purported, i can say it was absolutely made up, which is why KPD didn't pursue anything

Barnes will be in the Hall of Fame and Cuonzo is about to abandon his 5th school before he gets fired....which is his M.O....

Reactions: walkenvol
Considering i talked with the lead investigator who spoke to his family, and i know what "evidence" was purported, i can say it was absolutely made up, which is why KPD didn't pursue anything
Sure pal. I bet you did. Lmao

I know they happened. Just because of lack of evidence to charge one particular person is irrelevant to if it occurred.

Barnes will be in the Hall of Fame and Cuonzo is about to abandon his 5th school before he gets fired....which is his M.O....
UT both picked 13 or 14 in the SEC first year.
Zo made the postseason and winning record. Barnes no. S

Second year Zo made postseason and winning record. Barnes no.

Third year both made Sweet 16. Barnes had actual NBA talent. Zo had G league guys.

Similar results except Barnes had NBA guys and a few losing or .500 years.

Barnes is a much better coach. To act like Zo is terrible and Barnes is a god based on UT results is dumb though.

Sure pal. I bet you did. Lmao

I know they happened. Just because of lack of evidence to charge one particular person is irrelevant to if it occurred.
Um and Cuonzo and fam changed their story twice to KPD too, especially when Knox County schools also became involved.

UT both picked 13 or 14 in the SEC first year.
Zo made the postseason and winning record. Barnes no. S

Second year Zo made postseason and winning record. Barnes no.

Third year both made Sweet 16. Barnes had actual NBA talent. Zo had G league guys.

Similar results except Barnes had NBA guys and a few losing or .500 years.

Barnes is a much better coach. To act like Zo is terrible and Barnes is a god based on UT results is dumb though.

So CM’s time at Missouri has shown you nothing?

No...we are discussing the coach named Cuonzo.
Dont adjust the argument to fit your agenda.

Cuonzo sucks. And he leaves schools in terrible shape after he tucks his cowardly tail between his legs and skips town.

Also, don't be so naive to think you are the only one with any firsthand knowledge of Cuonzo. And if you do in fact know him personally, which I highly doubt, your knowledge would be severely biased based on Cuonzos stories.

Those are facts. Again, stop trolling.

I bet the Mi

I hear that the Missouri basketball team needs fans. That seems to be where your heart is so you should join them and stop wasting time here. Just a suggestion.

The one undisputed fact that’s going to get CM canned at MZ is nobody is showing up to the home games. Last year they had their worst average home attendance since 1977-78 at 5,948 per game and this year it’s even worse at 5,251. He’s an uninspiring coach who puts an unentertaining product on the floor. He’s gotten opportunity after opportunity yet couldn’t stick anywhere. His consultation prize is he was paid a ton of money for his repeated coaching failures.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
The petition to bring back Bruce didn't help much either
At the same time, fans are gonna be fans, and they would rather have a good coach than a crappy coach, so who could really blame them. Remember this was before the NCAA run. Those two weeks were the only period of good basketball in the Cuonzo tenure and that was aided by a weird Duke upset.

VN Store

Back