Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I like Publix the best, except their seafood dept/section and bakery both suck. We used to have Sweet Bay and they had an awesome seafood dept/section, bakery and produce.

I actually liked Sweet Bay better than Publix overall, but they were more expensive and everything was so hard to find. They took the marketing/selling strategy thing to a whole new level.

Two new products I've tried in the last couple of weeks....Bacon flavored Ritz and BumbleBee canned smoked salmon in oil.

The Ritz were just okay, the garlic butter are my new favorite.

The smoked salmon is excellent for canned and its actually pretty good period. I can see many uses for it, besides right out of the can on a garlic Ritz. Its in a flat tin with a pull off top.
In Knoxville we had publix and fresh market. Now we have Walmart and a chitty Kroger. We are going to the big city today! Fresh Market and Shnuck's. It's about 50 miles but worth it!

Reactions: TopsideVol and Behr
In Knoxville we had publix and fresh market. Now we have Walmart and a chitty Kroger. We are going to the big city today! Fresh Market and Shnuck's. It's about 50 miles but worth it!
Fresh market is cool but expensive. I go once in a blue moon to see if they have something special I'm looking for and don't want to wait from ordering it, otherwise its a "tourists" trap. Lulz.

Never heard of the other one.

Reactions: volwindy
Publix in Tennessee you can just get one ☝️ item from the buy one get one it’s half off. I was in Florida shopping and they said we don’t do that here. So I had to go get all the BOGO’s and go all around the store again.
Wal Mart sucks for food outside non perishables.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Fresh market is cool but expensive. I go once in a blue moon to see if they have something special I'm looking for and don't want to wait from ordering it, otherwise its a "tourists" trap. Lulz.

Never heard of the other one.
Fresh Market is awesome for meat but otherwise it’s overpriced like Whole Foods for hippies.
They have a good bakery and flowers tho

Publix in Tennessee you can just get one ☝️ item from the buy one get one it’s half off. I was in Florida shopping and they said we don’t do that here. So I had to go get all the BOGO’s and go all around the store again.
Wal Mart sucks for food outside non perishables.

They do it at my Publix. They won't do it on Buy 2 get 2,,or Buy 2 get 1 or sometimes they have 10 for $10 and you have to get 10 or they're regular price.

They do it at my Publix. They won't do it on Buy 2 get 2,,or Buy 2 get 1 or sometimes they have 10 for $10 and you have to get 10 or they're regular price.
They won’t do it on MI. I was pissed the first time having to recircle the store or say fawk it. Yeah but the rest is like that in Tennessee at mine.

Reactions: Behr
Fresh Market is awesome for meat but otherwise it’s overpriced like Whole Foods for hippies.
They have a good bakery and flowers tho

I have an Italian joint called Mario's Meat Market and Deli that's closer and has better meat than the Fresh Market here. They have better olive oil, produce, cheese and bread. They're expensive too though.

Reactions: TopsideVol
Any suggestions for smoking salmon. Going to the store in a few. Most suggest kosher salt and brown sugar. And baste with maple syrup. Sounds too sweet for me.

Reactions: theFallGuy
Any suggestions for smoking salmon. Going to the store in a few. Most suggest kosher salt and brown sugar. And baste with maple syrup. Sounds too sweet for me.
not for hot smoking, but I love cold smoked salmon on a piece of toast with cream cheese, capers, and a fresh tomato slice

Yea, whatever you like is fine obviously. I don't like anything. I can do stuff to it after its smoked if I want, but I just like it naturally smoked.

VN Store

Back