Crystal Dangerfield

I would have said and posted w.e. i felt. Thats the purpose of living in america. Freedom of speech
That is such a lame justification for poor judgement and behavior. Something tells me they really weren't justifying rude and boorish behavior when that was written. They did state that the common man wasn't smart enough to actually elect a person to an important position.

Thank you for leaving the state of Tennessee to become a huskie where im sure you thought you would win multiple championships ! You are now 0-3 and on track to become the first huskie to not win a championship in her 4 yrs in more than a decade. #Congrats

Vs being at TN and never making it to a final 4.. Not cool to attack a player..

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Some people blame Tennessee for not recruiting her, but she wanted to go to UCONN. Smart move since she is a much better player under Geno than she ever would have under UT coaching.

Blah, blah, people are too nice! PC has ruined the world because I can't insult a 20 year-old with impunity. WHAHAHAHAAHAHA! not fair.

But it is not even about coddling in this case; the "taunt" is so incredibly stupid; it deserved to be FLAMED.

The posters' taunt would have made more sense if say the LVs had won a national championship in that era. Then yeah, hey Dangerfield look what you could have had. But the LVs did make a single final four, or even a single elite 8, or even a single Sweet 16 in the last three seasons.

So, this is like someone who passed on a ticket for the Titanic getting this message right after it sank - "sucks to be you, look what you missed--drowning in freezing water, nah, nah, nah #YOLO!!!

The mirror image of this taunt is "Hey Dangerfield, you could have come to Tennessee and never made the final four, or the elite 8, or the sweet 16 and never have won a conference title. Sucks to be you playing for national title contender every year and being on the fast track to be a #1 WNBA pick; #missed opportunity to join a mediocre program
I like your use of hashtags and (most importantly) appropriate usage of YOLO in a sentence.

Some people blame Tennessee for not recruiting her, but she wanted to go to UCONN. Smart move since she is a much better player under Geno than she ever would have under UT coaching.
Crystal wanted to go to UCONN due to a superior coach. She would have come to UT if Pat had been the coach before she became ill.

No one knows what UT would have done. You can speculate that since they didn’t win titles without her, they wouldn’t have won any with her—but no one knows because it never happened. It’s so odd for fans to defend UCONN players on a Tennessee fan board. I don’t know if this is just a WCBB thing because I’ve never seen anything like it on a college basketball or football board.

I know one player wouldn't have made all the difference. We have 4 and 5 star players on the roster, and the number 1 class last year. Even the best players can struggle under bad coaching. No one is necessarily defending UConn players, but rather defending one student athlete who seems to have made a wise choice if your looking at each teams success. I think its the wrong place to steer your angst if your upset about your teams season, but like you say, you are welcome to criticize the student athlete and I am welcome to criticize the post.

I would have said and posted w.e. i felt. Thats the purpose of living in america. Freedom of speech
Yea...until someone actually says it....then it's "What did you say about my kid..?"...unless you are a crappy parent who doesn't care if someone trashes your kid about a school choice.

I know one player wouldn't have made all the difference. We have 4 and 5 star players on the roster, and the number 1 class last year. Even the best players can struggle under bad coaching. No one is necessarily defending UConn players, but rather defending one student athlete who seems to have made a wise choice if your looking at each teams success. I think its the wrong place to steer your angst if your upset about your teams season, but like you say, you are welcome to criticize the student athlete and I am welcome to criticize the post.

We may disagree but I do respect your ability to do so in a respectful manner without resorting to immature name calling.

Thank you for leaving the state of Tennessee to become a huskie where im sure you thought you would win multiple championships ! You are now 0-3 and on track to become the first huskie to not win a championship in her 4 yrs in more than a decade. #Congrats

Have we become so petty that we are looking for things to complain about, and/or make light of, no matter how outrageous? You need to give this one a rest. At least her team did not have to back into the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: Sr.VolFan

Well, at least she's been in the hunt for a championship, she certainly wouldn't be staying in Tenn. and going to any of its schools! A good chance is better than none at all.

Reactions: mcannon1
You would think i threatened the kids life with all the politics here geez IT WAS A SARCASTIC JOKE & no i dont take it back because its FACT 😆

You would think i threatened the kids life with all the politics here geez IT WAS A SARCASTIC JOKE & no i dont take it back because its FACT 😆

Okay, then just admit you don't understand how sarcasm works.

For example, "haha, I am so happy you failed!" is not sarcasm.

Also, if you offering the statement as a fact; it is really not sarcasm either.

But, on second thought, hey, you're the next George Carlin. I am sure SNL will be seeking you out to become their head writer any day now.

Last edited:
Okay, then just admit you don't understand how sarcasm works.

For example, "haha, I am so happy you failed!" is not sarcasm.

Also, if you offering the statement as a fact; it is really not sarcasm either.

But, hey you're the next George Carlin. I am sure SNL will be seeking you out to become their head writer;

Im not admitting or explaining anything to any single one of you lol what the heck. Cant take a joke then dont respond or read. This is purely entertainment at how butthurt the entire LV community got behind a hilarious fact. Heck they even started a thread over at the BY about it as if all the posters "Checked me" and "Put me in my place" hahaha this is insane. I guess there's a bit of Danger in my field huh? Lol

Im not admitting or explaining anything to any single one of you lol what the heck. Cant take a joke then dont respond or read. This is purely entertainment at how butthurt the entire LV community got behind a hilarious fact. Heck they even started a thread over at the BY about it as if all the posters "Checked me" and "Put me in my place" hahaha this is insane. I guess there's a bit of Danger in my field huh? Lol

How shall we characterize that bit of stylish prose?

Churlish? ✔️

Dim? ✔️

Humorless? ✔️

Entertaining? 👎

Funny you should mention butthurt. Thou doth protest too much... But, hey, keep digging that hole.

Who is Crystal Dangerfield? Doesn't appear she is gettin' any respect!!@

Crystal played HS at Blackman HS in Murfreesboro area.She was one of the top players in the country as a senior. Geno came into Tn. and scooped her up.

Cuz staying in Tennessee would have been so much better for her? Give me a break. Nominate for dumbest post of the month. I hate UCONN as much as anyone, but she was developed far better under Geno than Holly could ever have done and 3 final 4's for her is way better than what she would have sniffed at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back