Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think A & M's success was somewhat a repetition of 2010 Auburn, minus the title. One spectacular player and made a world of difference. Take that player away, and neither of those teams probably win more than 7 or 8 games.

Let me ask you this TCV, if A&M doesn't have Manziel, how well do you think they finish? I may slap my momma after saying this, but I'll say Bama and Vandy.

Its not just Manziel... the defense was coached up. In Sumlin's 1st year, A&M switched conferences and replaced pieces on the offense. They identified Manziel as their QB.

Sumlin brought in a new system and the players bought in. The Bama game is an example of finding matchup problems and its a testimony to the coaching. This team isn't a fluke. JMO

Kingsbury deserves a lot more credit for what he did. I'm excited to see what he does at Tech.

Let me ask you this TCV, if A&M doesn't have Manziel, how well do you think they finish? I may slap my momma after saying this, but I'll say Bama and Vandy.

Candy didn't beat anyone who was any good outside of Ole Piss. They lost to every good team they played. That doesn't sound like good coaching to me.

Its not just Manziel... the defense was coached up. In Sumlin's 1st year, A&M switched conferences and replaced pieces on the offense. They identified Manziel as their QB.

Sumlin brought in a new system and the players bought in. The Bama game is an example of finding matchup problems and its a testimony to the coaching. This team isn't a fluke. JMO

Kingsbury deserves a lot more credit for what he did. I'm excited to see what he does at Tech.

Let's not forget the #1 overall pick this year for an OTand a couple of upper rounders on the DL.

The Bama game for them wasn't a fluke. UA is lucky that they got back in it and made it a game... it was on the verge of getting very ugly.

CP will be alright, kid will show a Stanky leg and run right by ya.
But JH and CP , 11 and 12 scores. Dooley must have wrote them out of class

(In response to USA TODAY posted by Wu man chu

Candy didn't beat anyone who was any good outside of Ole Piss. They lost to every good team they played. That doesn't sound like good coaching to me.

If Vandy gos 5-7 this year (good possibility) the boat will start to sink (anchor and all) and they will start losing some of their commits. If their recruiting class drops below 50th they will be on their way back to where they belong. There is a good possibility this will be loudmouth Franklin's last year.

With Texas A&M people are too quick to forget where sherman had them. In 2010, they were a 9 win team with a cotton bowl loss to LSU. They then came into 2011 as a top 10 team in most polls and were one of the more common dark horse national championship picks. While they ended up struggling to a 6-6 record, these struggles were mostly in the second half. This included double digits half time leads in 4 of their losses wihich included games vs. #3 Ok State and #6 Arkansas. The point being Sumlin walked into a pretty good situation. They had proven they had the talent to compete with anybody, things just never completely came together under Sherman. Not to take away from Sumlin for getting things to come together, but not sure it warrants the title of best coaching job.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"Name me a good football team whose quarterback wasn't a great leader," Jones said. "Usually your average to below average teams, the quarterback brings no leadership value. Everything is at quarterback as the coach on the field."

I thought of Bray when I read this.

Reactions: 2 people
"Name me a good football team whose quarterback wasn't a great leader," Jones said. "Usually your average to below average teams, the quarterback brings no leadership value. Everything is at quarterback as the coach on the field."

Flacco comes to mind as the most recent one.

Bray said on Gruden's QB Camp that he was probably a 7-8 out of 10 when it came to being prepared. Can't have you're QB coming in only 70-80% prepared every game and expect to win any games. Kid has the tools to be great. If he can just get it right between the ears.

Strange, but I don't recall mentioning you in the statement he was responding to. Maybe it is him you should be questioning and not my statement. He obviously grouped you into my statement...not me.

Actually. My statement to I4Jay had absolutely nothing to do with his opinion either. It was his calling out all of VN because one person...and a pretty good poster at that....did not agree with him. If anyone bothered to read my next post. I actually adressed his opinion...which I did not necessarily disagree with. Just gave may view on it.

Make out of it what you will. I suggest that you go back and reread though. Either he feels you belong in that catagory...or both of you do.

I didn't give names.
:hi:

Was a general statement and response my guy. No offense taken. :salute:

Louis Mayronne ‏@TheTrueJuan 14h

I wish Tennessee would offer me I would love to play there #volnation #gbo

Believe he goes to the same high school as Nick Glass.
Peachtree Ridge High

From MaxPreps:
Louis Mayrone Stats
Jersey:37Position:DBHt/Wt:5'9"/140Class: Jr. School: Peachtree Ridge Lions Season: Varsity 12-13 Sport: Football Overall: 4-6-0 League: 4-4-0 National Rank: 1862 GA State Rank: 74
He had 1 interception for season

Last edited:
With Texas A&M people are too quick to forget where sherman had them. In 2010, they were a 9 win team with a cotton bowl loss to LSU. They then came into 2011 as a top 10 team in most polls and were one of the more common dark horse national championship picks. While they ended up struggling to a 6-6 record, these struggles were mostly in the second half. This included double digits half time leads in 4 of their losses wihich included games vs. #3 Ok State and #6 Arkansas. The point being Sumlin walked into a pretty good situation. They had proven they had the talent to compete with anybody, things just never completely came together under Sherman. Not to take away from Sumlin for getting things to come together, but not sure it warrants the title of best coaching job.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In 2011 Texas A&M was loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball, but all of their talent on defense were made up largely of freshmen and sophomores. Those youngsters grew up and made a difference in 2012. The talent was there at A&M. It was merely a matter of who was going to be there to coach it and get the credit.

I would give the nod to Sumlin and Saban last year - i don't know how you could make an honest list and not include Saban

to me people think a great coaching job can only come when you take guys without talent and get some wins - to me a more important measure of a coach is what he does once he gets a loaded team - can he actually take you to the promised land - this is what Saban does - he loads the teams up with talent and then wins at the highest levels - how is that not a great coaching job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back