Crow & Soup Beans

I’ll eat Crow! I’ve been highly critical of Olivier Nkamhouha, but he absolutely balled out tonight! Also, hats off to coaching staff for making it happen. Great win!

He can definitely be inconsistent, but what he gives us on big nights like this is definitely worth it. I also think Vol fans tend to be tougher on ON. There are plenty of other players who have off nights and seem to get more of a pass, while any bad game by ON and everyone is all over it.

Listening on the radio while returning from a trip, Nkamhouha was coming through the speakers like he was going through the Longhorns. What a game!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He can definitely be inconsistent, but what he gives us on big nights like this is definitely worth it. I also think Vol fans tend to be tougher on ON. There are plenty of other players who have off nights and seem to get more of a pass, while any bad game by ON and everyone is all over it.

Agree. I'm one of his biggest critics, but it's because games like this have seemed to have been routinely followed up by a 6 pt, 3 reb night the next game. Not that he has to consistently be a 27/8 guy, but the team is so much better when they cam rely on him to give max effort and production. He can't disappear for the next three games. But he was great, last night. Like best player in the conference great.

Ive been critical of his play at times also. But lets give credit to the other teams who take him out of the games as well. Also some bad fouls takes him out of games. Yesterday the focus seemed to be get him multiple touches. Other games it seems he doesnt get as many touches or bad passes takes him out of a play. Or quick double teams forced him to give it up. So im not sure all the fault is on him or the defense or just other guys hunting their shots. But he definitely needs to quit having games where he disappears. Great game all around yesterday.

I’ll eat Crow! I’ve been highly critical of Olivier Nkamhouha, but he absolutely balled out tonight! Also, hats off to coaching staff for making it happen. Great win!

Not time to eat crow yet. History tells us that he will have one of these games and then go back into the tank for about six straight. Don't get your fork out yet. Hopefully, we can have a crow feast after a few more games.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
I think there’s a huge difference in ON’s off nights because they generally come because of energy and lack of intensity. His off nights can be 1 or 2 rebounds and 2 points, and that type of performance has happened fairly frequently. The issue is that he can go full 180 from game-to-game and it seems to be related to effort. In comparison, yes Santi has off nights shooting, but absolutely brings it every game.

Give Montreal for chicken a try on your crow. I've found it to be of great help when consuming large quantities of the black fowl.

His mom was in attendance in TBA Saturday night, long drive in from Finland, he definitely did not want to disappoint her, maybe we can get her to spend March in Tennessee for the SEC tournament and hang around for some of the NCAA games
That Greenland-Nunavut expressway is a real bear to drive. Traffic’s usually not too bad but the weather’s abysmal. I’d take the Kansas turnpike any day.

Agree. I'm one of his biggest critics, but it's because games like this have seemed to have been routinely followed up by a 6 pt, 3 reb night the next game. Not that he has to consistently be a 27/8 guy, but the team is so much better when they cam rely on him to give max effort and production. He can't disappear for the next three games. But he was great, last night. Like best player in the conference great.

one - he had multiple open 3's that he passed on. This is great because while in addition to being unselfish he was shooting 75% - 80% on soft two pointers.
two - games he disappears can be a function of multiple factors. Are the guards getting him the ball, are they getting him the ball where he can do something with it? Are defenses collapsing around him ? etc, etc.

Some games he seems to have more energy, bounce and juice than other games. He was on fire last night.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
Ive been critical of his play at times also. But lets give credit to the other teams who take him out of the games as well. Also some bad fouls takes him out of games. Yesterday the focus seemed to be get him multiple touches. Other games it seems he doesnt get as many touches or bad passes takes him out of a play. Or quick double teams forced him to give it up. So im not sure all the fault is on him or the defense or just other guys hunting their shots. But he definitely needs to quit having games where he disappears. Great game all around yesterday.
He fooled me with his play. It was fantastic. Maybe this is what he needed to to put his game together. It would bee great to have Play this way in the tournaments.

VN Store

Back