Crouch and maybe Henry T to go thru spring practice and evaluate

This is good news that they are considering staying. We don’t want them to be half-heartedly here or causing a distraction for sure. However, if they are staying for spring practice, it shows they want to stay and need proof on why Tennessee is still the best fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: knox73
I'm sure I'll get some blowback for saying this, but I honestly don't care about either one of those guys. If they have one foot out the door and aren't all in for this program, I don't want them anymore. Not sour grapes here. Look, we're gonna take some pain these next several years and beyond depending on what the NCAA does to us. I'm not the least bit concerned about the guys who seem to be tempted by the portal and are looking around. We've got a program to rebuild and if they aren't fully invested in that....get gone already.
With you 100%.

Reactions: CAVPUT and Hbg
This is good news that they are considering staying. We don’t want them to be half-heartedly here or cussing a distraction for sure. However, if they are staying for spring practice, it shows they want to stay and need proof on why Tennessee is still the best fit.
Maybe they’re staying until they find out when they’ll be eligible to play for another team if they took money.

Stay, go. Whatever he wants to do. Coaches commit, come, then go. If a player wants to, let him. We cannot honestly say any player shouldn't given what we have been through.

However, anybody that thinks this is a Bama plan is just missing a brick or two. Saban and his staff are capable of watching film and likely already have UCF and Penn State film. Beyond that, I imagine game film of Fla and Ga will be better than spring practice intel from a player, no?

Reactions: SpookyAction
But VN already decided these guys were pieces of crap character-wise and mediocre football-wise because they entered the portal. Do HT and QC know we ‘didn’t want them anyway’?

This made me lol. You're right, if they choose to leave they are trash but if they stay they are quality players.

Personally, I thought Crouch was not very good and his loss would not be felt other than depth. He had a bad habit of blitzing late and getting caught in no man's land and leaving the defense with 10 players, he was poor in coverage, and with poor lateral movement if he didn't pick the right hole he was useless against the run. Henry is a quality player who's loss would be felt. Although a liability in coverage, he had a nose for the ball, speed, and hustle.

Perhaps both would improve their shortcomings with better coaching, either here or at some other school.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
This made me lol. You're right, if they choose to leave they are trash but if they stay they are quality players.

Personally, I thought Crouch was not very good and his loss would not be felt other than depth. He had a bad habit of blitzing late and getting caught in no man's land and leaving the defense with 10 players, he was poor in coverage, and with poor lateral movement if he didn't pick the right hole he was useless against the run. Henry is a quality player who's loss would be felt. Although a liability in coverage, he had a nose for the ball, speed, and hustle.

Perhaps both would improve their shortcomings with better coaching, either here or at some other school.
So I'm confused. Did Crouch suck as a player or did the coaches suck at development? I'm slow.

Lulz, should have known.

I don't care. We're gonna need them and if CJH and the staff are what we hope they are it can be a life lesson for the young men. They weren't causing trouble or in trouble as far as I know and things were very uncertain. Under different circumstances I'd feel differently.

I understand others didn't enter the portal. They aren't in question. So, you're either okay with it or you're not. I am. It's a game of football.

Lulz, should have known.

I don't care. We're gonna need them and if CJH and the staff are what we hope they are it can be a life lesson for the young men. They weren't causing trouble or in trouble as far as I know and things were very uncertain. Under different circumstances I'd feel differently.

I understand others didn't enter the portal. They aren't in question. So, you're either okay with it or you're not. I am. It's a game of football.

I'm fine with them staying.
I do question the whole HT to bama thing. What happen there, they passed on him, no one else was interested in him. He's decided to give another basic unknow coaching staff a shot? One of the best players on the team wasn't getting his Big Mac meals upsized?
I mean his clock is ticking and I would not blame the guy or anyone else for moving on to greener pastures away from this clown show.
It's a bit bizarre

I'm fine with them staying.
I do question the whole HT to bama thing. What happen there, they passed on him, no one else was interested in him. He's decided to give another basic unknow coaching staff a shot? One of the best players on the team wasn't getting his Big Mac meals upsized?
I mean his clock is ticking and I would not blame the guy or anyone else for moving on to greener pastures away from this clown show.
It's a bit bizarre
Yep, that's part of the reason I'm not getting my panties in bunch. Other part is it's really not that important.

So I'm confused. Did Crouch suck as a player or did the coaches suck at development? I'm slow.

I didn't say he sucked, I mean he is a D1 athlete and good enough in HS to get a multitude of offers, I just think he wasn't very good in play. I think everyone can agree that CJP and his staff did not develop individual talent very well, so I can speculate that he might have played better under better coaching.

Meh. The ones that join the transfer portal after Spring practice are more of a concern rather than a couple guys putting their name in the hat and electing to stay through the end of Spring practice.

Don’t they all learn the same terminology and all of the internal secrets and passwords either way?

Ridiculous idea. If they are not commiting to Tennessee in the fall, then they shouldn't be allowed on our practice field. Remember these two entered the portal to transfer. They took the first move to leave. We should not play their game.

Amen !! I mean good grief, so now we allow players to come practice with other committed players that are working their butts off to hopefully learn as much as they can and garner a position and then we let a couple guys no matter what role they played in previous roles with our team, come in, take time with Coaches and other factors selfishly applied towards them. And then if their feelings aren't still hurt or their psyche's seemed to be bubbled out to a close zero, they might, just might if we say pretty please decide to suit up for the VOLS next year.... I call BULL****..... Either CRAP or get off the friggin POT boys !!! This "portal" mess is absolutely the worst thing to hit college football in my lifetime of being a fan. Just another slimy ingredient in this abhorrent "woke" society dreamworld that we've all woken up into !! But I digress .........

Henry T needs to gain weight, why in haiti the wanted him to lose weight is beyond me now he is too light to make tackles. He got ran over this year quite frankly. He had plenty of insticts and speed before losing weight. The bama's and georgia's have big linebackers that can run not light ones. Same with running backs we go light and in the SEC you need a strong runner that can break tackles and make you miss. Crouch has the physical attributes but he seems to be either a step slow or not instictive enough. Maybe he will do better in this system. They are out there. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: Border Vol
... I think everyone can agree that CJP and his staff did not develop individual talent very well, so I can speculate that he might have played better under better coaching.
There you go, more accurate statement IMHO.

VN Store

Back