Crouch and A.J. Johnson

Never understand why fans have this fascination of gimmicky things or 2-way players. I’m much more in favor of recruiting your linebacker to play and be a really good linebacker and recruiting your running backs to play and be really good running backs who can run for touchdowns from anywhere on the field, including within 1-2 yards of the goal line.

I want players that will give all at the position of need. On the field, in the weight room, the film room and at the dinner table.

Being an elite athlete is a life style.

Never understand why fans have this fascination of gimmicky things or 2-way players. I’m much more in favor of recruiting your linebacker to play and be a really good linebacker and recruiting your running backs to play and be really good running backs who can run for touchdowns from anywhere on the field, including within 1-2 yards of the goal line.
Charles Woodson seem to do alright

He plays in the alliance of American football now. He was cut from the saints before the preseason was over.

s
Pruitt wanted him as a LB. He will come in and play LB.

Not so fast my friend. Crouch had determined that his longevity (length of time in the NFL) as a player would be improved by playing linebacker, rather than playing RB. He asked CJP if he could start out at LB to see how well he performs at that position. If he does well, he stays. If not, he'll try RB. However, even if he's great at LB, they will still find ways to give him the ball here and there on offense.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Nice job going back 20+ years to find the last guy who did.....him and his 11 receptions and 8 yard punt return average. Really makes a compelling case.
Adoree Jackson at USC was a pretty good 2 way player. Of course the primary focus would be the players main position, but if someone loves to play cornerback and has that natural ability to be electric with the ball in his hands then theres nothing wrong with having a few plays drawn up for him. It's actually becoming more common to have some plays drawn up to throw the defenses off and capitalize on a players natural ability.
The return of ironman football: Two-way players make a resurgence in college football | NCAA.com

s

Not so fast my friend. Crouch had determined that his longevity (length of time in the NFL) as a player would be improved by playing linebacker, rather than playing RB. He asked CJP if he could start out at LB to see how well he performs at that position. If he does well, he stays. If not, he'll try RB. However, even if he's great at LB, they will still find ways to give him the ball here and there on offense.
No they won't.

Just like Byrd at DB?
The two are completely unrelated. CJP was looking for a place to put a player that was underutilized at WR in a position he thought he would excel at. Byrd did not or could not reach the expectations at DB, so he was put back. Crouch was recruited as a LB and that is where he will play. I can definitely see Chaney using him and anything and short given his size and the fact that he is an awesome RB to boot.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The two are completely unrelated. CJP was looking for a place to put a player that was underutilized at WR in a position he thought he would excel at. Byrd did not or could not reach the expectations at DB, so he was put back. Crouch was recruited as a LB and that is where he will play. I can definitely see Chaney using him and anything and short given his size and the fact that he is an awesome RB to boot.

How ever unrelated they are....the moral of the story is that Pruitt will move players around. If Crouch doesn't excel at LB, he may get a look at RB.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back