Crossing the line

As far as I know, there is no explicit right to privacy outlined in the constitution.
Maybe not, but this type of warrantless conduct is most certainly violative of the Fourth Amendment. The old saying is correct: The country that will sacrifice freedom for safety deserves neither.

I viewed this differently at one time, because I believe those with nothing to hide shouldn't care, but I was dead wrong.

For the long term, it's a bad idea to let our government run willy nilly over our right to privacy.

tap away if they want, but under no circumstances should they be allowed to use it as evidence if there isn't a warrant. i do agree with the slippery slope argument here though.

of course, hes a lawyer.

thats what kills me about people whining about the patriot act. All it does is combine bills that have already been on the books, updated them, and gotten rid of some red tape. Im not doing anything wrong, therefore i dont have to worry about wire taps or anything like that

Jews were doing nothing wrong in 1930-40's Germany.

tap away if they want, but under no circumstances should they be allowed to use it as evidence if there isn't a warrant. i do agree with the slippery slope argument here though.

I can dig this.

VN Store

Back