Crochet seems to have cemented a post season BP role

SNAFU

"When the White Sox called up Garrett Crochet with all of 10 games left in the season, general manager Rick Hahn stated clearly that the goal was to evaluate if he should be part of their bullpen in the playoffs."

"Saturday marked Crochet’s fifth outing as a major leaguer, coming in the span of just nine days. In just 23 pitches Saturday night, 15 of which were 100 mph or harder, Crochet completed the first multi-inning outing of his career. Three days earlier, he pitched on back-to-back days for the first time, with the first outing coming in the eighth inning of a tie game.

"The Sox would not have called Crochet up if they didn’t think he could be one of their best options. And since he hasn’t gotten in the way of that by overthinking, they shouldn’t either."

The Athletic

"When the White Sox called up Garrett Crochet with all of 10 games left in the season, general manager Rick Hahn stated clearly that the goal was to evaluate if he should be part of their bullpen in the playoffs."

"Saturday marked Crochet’s fifth outing as a major leaguer, coming in the span of just nine days. In just 23 pitches Saturday night, 15 of which were 100 mph or harder, Crochet completed the first multi-inning outing of his career. Three days earlier, he pitched on back-to-back days for the first time, with the first outing coming in the eighth inning of a tie game.

"The Sox would not have called Crochet up if they didn’t think he could be one of their best options. And since he hasn’t gotten in the way of that by overthinking, they shouldn’t either."

The Athletic
Really happy for the kid. I think someday we will be able to say we say him pitch in college. I hope his arm holds up for a long, successful career. Now that the game has become (almost exclusively) a strikeout/homerun game I think Garrett will do well!

Reactions: StarRaider and td23
wow 15 pitches for dunning, now crochet runners on1st and 3rd vs olson

VN Store

Back