Crazy stat (Hooker)

But he threw a pick 6 against Bama and one in the Purdue that was costly I won’t forget those two of his three, he also had a critical fumble against Pitt and lost to a terrible Florida team. He threw a ton of short high percentage passes and the receivers really made him look good. Against elite defenses Hooker will struggle he’s just not a pure passer. I hope he improves alot this season on his mechanics.

Nico going to throw a million yards. It's going to be unreal. As good as Hooker was at times last year there was times that he over threw wide open receivers IF Nico is what everyone says he is and he lives up to the hype WITH this system he will win a Heisman Trophy. When you look at Hendon Hooker at VA TECH and then you look at him here it's a totally different QB because of what this system has allowed him to do. D coordinators had better get there headache medicine because with this system and Nico talent it is on.
Hooker lacks the arm strength to make all the throws, Nico won’t so he will definitely make the offense more potent.

Reactions: Southeastern VFL
Nico going to throw a million yards. It's going to be unreal. As good as Hooker was at times last year there was times that he over threw wide open receivers IF Nico is what everyone says he is and he lives up to the hype WITH this system he will win a Heisman Trophy. When you look at Hendon Hooker at VA TECH and then you look at him here it's a totally different QB because of what this system has allowed him to do. D coordinators had better get there headache medicine because with this system and Nico talent it is on.

Pump the brakes buddy!

It is alleged that Neyland said, if you don’t allow the other team to score, you only have to score once to win the game.

It is rumored that Heupel said, I love the maxims, but I prefer the offense score more frequently.

No QB is infallibly perfect. A broken play here. A forced hurry there. A disrupted receiver route, a mis-snap by a center, any number of things cvan cause even a demigod QB to perform like a middle school QB even in an FCS game. Just ask THE man.

Our other QBs could not get it done and he did. There has to be a reason. Better QB is the answer.

It wasnt criticial of Hooker but a compliment to the Wrs who blocked like hell to spring their partner free. Big plays rarely happen if Wrs dont block.

No QB is infallibly perfect. A broken play here. A forced hurry there. A disrupted receiver route, a mis-snap by a center, any number of things cvan cause even a demigod QB to perform like a middle school QB even in an FCS game. Just ask THE man.
First of all I will say this about Hooker last year was a learning year and after all that he has said in his interviews this off season it will not surprise me one bit if he is in the running for the Heisman in the latter part of the season. I think that Hooker will change the perception of what the QB position at Tennessee has become over the last decade. I think this year we see a lot more comfortable offense from every aspect and in return because of that I think we have a legit shot at 10 wins. If we can avg. 39.9 points a game and Hooker can throw for 2900+ in a learning year then there is no reason why this year understanding the system and having much more confidence in that we can't get even better. That brings me to Nico which I think the stars are just aligning like never before for him to live up to the hype that he is bringing. Sure a lot of people will say we have had talent before and whatever but one thing about talent as we have figured out over the last 10 years you can get the top talent but if the right system or people are not in place then it's not going to matter. The right people and system are now in place for Nico to be great.

First of all I will say this about Hooker last year was a learning year and after all that he has said in his interviews this off season it will not surprise me one bit if he is in the running for the Heisman in the latter part of the season. I think that Hooker will change the perception of what the QB position at Tennessee has become over the last decade. I think this year we see a lot more comfortable offense from every aspect and in return because of that I think we have a legit shot at 10 wins. If we can avg. 39.9 points a game and Hooker can throw for 2900+ in a learning year then there is no reason why this year understanding the system and having much more confidence in that we can't get even better. That brings me to Nico which I think the stars are just aligning like never before for him to live up to the hype that he is bringing. Sure a lot of people will say we have had talent before and whatever but one thing about talent as we have figured out over the last 10 years you can get the top talent but if the right system or people are not in place then it's not going to matter. The right people and system are now in place for Nico to be great.

Sure, I never denied all that. I just said what's a fact, nobody is perfect, not even the perfect QB. Now, I think we will be offensively productive, maybe even more than last season. And if we get even an adequate defense, we might upset either or both the red algae bloom and the slobbering mutts. All the same, you and I both know, both Hooker or Nico can and likely will at times stumble. Then the Vols haters will show up again.

Reactions: Southeastern VFL
Sure, I never denied all that. I just said what's a fact, nobody is perfect, not even the perfect QB. Now, I think we will be offensively productive, maybe even more than last season. And if we get even an adequate defense, we might upset either or both the red algae bloom and the slobbering mutts. All the same, you and I both know, both Hooker or Nico can and likely will at times stumble. Then the Vols haters will show up again.
I can agree with that no man is perfect they will both have there flaws that drive the haters crazy but who doesn't with some of our haters that want be hard.

VN Store

Back