Crazy stat (Hooker)

Nico going to throw a million yards. It's going to be unreal. As good as Hooker was at times last year there was times that he over threw wide open receivers IF Nico is what everyone says he is and he lives up to the hype WITH this system he will win a Heisman Trophy. When you look at Hendon Hooker at VA TECH and then you look at him here it's a totally different QB because of what this system has allowed him to do. D coordinators had better get there headache medicine because with this system and Nico talent it is on.

Reactions: Volanta
Well, you can throw stats around any way you want 'em. So here ya go:

Hooker is One of the top SIX UT Quarterbacks (all-time) to lead in Single-Season Passing Yards.
He is tied for THIRD at UT (all-time) in Single-Season Passing Touchdowns.
& He is One of EIGHT UT Quarterbacks (all-time) to throw 5 or more touchdowns in a single game (-vs-Purdue).

-- And he didn't even Start until the third game of the season.

Tennessee Volunteers football statistical leaders - Wikipedia

Last edited:
It’s been a year, people. The Hooker jokes are far beyond old and tired.

200w.gif

Nico going to throw a million yards. It's going to be unreal. As good as Hooker was at times last year there was times that he over threw wide open receivers IF Nico is what everyone says he is and he lives up to the hype WITH this system he will win a Heisman Trophy. When you look at Hendon Hooker at VA TECH and then you look at him here it's a totally different QB because of what this system has allowed him to do. D coordinators had better get there headache medicine because with this system and Nico talent it is on.

Take it easy champ. I’ve seen this movie before. He might be a program changing QB, he also might be really good, he also might be an absolute bust.

We’ll see what happens.

Reactions: Trojan_Vol
Take it easy champ. I’ve seen this movie before. He might be a program changing QB, he also might be really good, he also might be an absolute bust.

We’ll see what happens.
I have to disagree we have never seen this movie. We have had talent that much is for sure but we have NEVER had a offense that is designed to put up points and yards at a record pace. The days of watching paint dry on offense at Tennessee are over. I can't tell the future I know that and I may be blowing smoke but I will go as far as to say in 32 years of watching Tennessee football I don't believe I have ever seen the stars align in every aspect for a recruit at any position to come in and live up to there potential as it is for Nico. YES we have tons of 5* players some have produced some have not no one can argue that that but there has never been a time where we could say with his talent and our system he could be absolutely great.

Well, you can throw stats around any way you want 'em. So here ya go:

Hooker is One of the top SIX UT Quarterbacks (all-time) to lead in Single-Season Passing Yards.
He is tied for THIRD at UT (all-time) in Single-Season Passing Touchdowns.
& He is One of EIGHT UT Quarterbacks (all-time) to throw 5 or more touchdowns in a single game (-vs-Purdue).

-- And he didn't even Start until the third game of the season.

Tennessee Volunteers football statistical leaders - Wikipedia
Over/Under on Hooker breaking the single season passing yards record this year.

I say over. 4002 yards for this year in this offense.

VN Store

Back