Craig Cooper info, and Noel Devine question.

JAllen18MVP

Just read an article on Xtra about Craig Cooper, the #1 rated prep school prospect in Rivals (Brent Vinson is #2).

Basically, it says that he's still committed to Miami, but if Coker gets let go (which we all know he will be) then he might not be.

"Right now I'm with Miami. If Coach Coker were to get fired, I'm not going to lie, Tennessee would be a part of it."

So, I guess we'll keep an eye on that situation.

I frequently look at the prospects on Rivals.com and today I noticed something that I had not seen before. On Noel Devine's list of schools, Tennessee is listed. When did that happen? I don't think we have a chance at him, but is there any info on if he's really interested in UT?

We need to cheer for everyone that Miami plays then. That would be a big pick-up if we got Cooper. You wonder if our depth at RB will hurt our chances though. There is only one ball and those carries can only get stretched so far. Also, I would think that it is a good thing for us if we are now appearing on Devine's list of schools. He isn't just going to add a team for the hell of it. He has to have more than a passing interest in us.

Just read an article on Xtra about Craig Cooper, the #1 rated prep school prospect in Rivals (Brent Vinson is #2).

Basically, it says that he's still committed to Miami, but if Coker gets let go (which we all know he will be) then he might not be.

So, I guess we'll keep an eye on that situation.

I frequently look at the prospects on Rivals.com and today I noticed something that I had not seen before. On Noel Devine's list of schools, Tennessee is listed. When did that happen? I don't think we have a chance at him, but is there any info on if he's really interested in UT?

I guess UT will be a part of it then, cause I don't see Coker lasting.

If Miami loses to Va Tech, that could be the last nail in the coffin.

I think Cooper could be great, but the knock on him is speed. He ran a 4.65 at a Nike Combine last year. They say he has gained speed and he averages like 15 yards a carry for his prep school, but his prep school is nothing like Hargrave. They play against horrible competition.

We need to cheer for everyone that Miami plays then. That would be a big pick-up if we got Cooper. You wonder if our depth at RB will hurt our chances though. There is only one ball and those carries can only get stretched so far. Also, I would think that it is a good thing for us if we are now appearing on Devine's list of schools. He isn't just going to add a team for the hell of it. He has to have more than a passing interest in us.
I wouldn't be too worried about our running backs scaring off any recruits... They haven't really shown a lot this year. The offensive line play, however, could easily scare off some potential RB's.

the vols have a pretty solid history of turning running backs into great lbs

VN Store

Back