Coward

There is no way he is getting fired this year. We can't even afford to pay our coaches their full salaries so there's no way we are paying another buyout and look for a new coach. We had better hope he gets it turned around because we are stuck with him.

Reactions: FBtime
Pruitt showed his true colors today.
Not orange. Not red. Yellow.

He came out not just playing not to lose but playing not to get blown out.

He quit on this team with this weak pathetic game plan designed to protect/hide JG by running the ball including multiple third and longs and play defense.
Refused to take shots down the field when it mattered. Didn’t throw down field at all until we were down 21-3.

You can’t say JG gives you the best chance to win and then come out with this weak scared game plan.
If we came out swinging and trying to win and lost then so be it, but I didn’t expect to see him quit on his team.

The players and fans deserve more.

Third blow out loss in a row including a home blowout loss last week to KY.

He wasn’t hired and paid millions to quit on his team but that’s what he did todsy
Well said!

Reactions: Rockyjr
There is no way he is getting fired this year. We can't even afford to pay our coaches their full salaries so there's no way we are paying another buyout and look for a new coach. We had better hope he gets it turned around because we are stuck with him.
He's not going anywhere for atleast 3 more years

We all know he isn't getting fired this year, just saying both he and Phil deserve firing.

Reactions: Rockyjr
My biggest knock on Pruitt is that when we get down 3 or 4 scores, he just rolls over as soon as the fourth starts. I am well aware that comebacks are unlikely at that point but they become impossible when you run out the clock.

I’m sorry. Did someone expect something different to happen today? I mean. Given what we all know and have seen. If you expected not this- you’re delusional.

Is it okay? No. Is it what I expected? Ayup.
No. But would have liked for him to go for it on 4th deep in their territory down 14 in first quarter rather than kick a fg.

His team isn't even competitive. Year 3 too. We used to fire coaches for this type of crap. Now we sign them to big extensions
Are you aware of the task our coach had to rebuild? Minimum of a 4-5 year job. And he has no QB to do it with. He can’t toss Bailey into that situation against Bama. Be realistic and understand the task at hand. Your words are completely unfair to him and our squad.

No. But would have liked for him to go for it on 4th deep in their territory down 14 in first quarter rather than kick a fg.
Yes that 3 points meant nothing considering how easily Bama was marching down the field. Total wimp move.

Are you aware of the task our coach had to rebuild? Minimum of a 4-5 year job. And he has no QB to do it with. He can’t toss Bailey into that situation against Bama. Be realistic and understand the task at hand. Your words are completely unfair to him and our squad.
We got blown out by Kentucky at home. He’s had 3 years to come up with a competent QB and it’s hard to point out any improvement in the team except OL.

The offensive play calling at the end of the first half was atrocious. We had an opportunity to score, run out the half, and we were getting the ball after halftime.

Instead Alabama stops us on third down, calls timeout, and we punt the ball to them. They had a couple of long yardage plays and had the opportunity to throw the ball into the end zone at the end of the first half. They didn't score, but they took our scoring chance away from us.

The reality is Saban took advantage of the in-game situation and Pruitt did not. Saban was playing to win while Pruitt was playing not to lose. I was furious.

Reactions: sierraorange
His team isn't even competitive. Year 3 too. We used to fire coaches for this type of crap. Now we sign them to big extensions

Kiffin didn’t want the job and left before the ink was dry on his contract when a better job came up. Dooley shouldn’t have been hired in the first place as well as Jones. Before all that we had had 2 HC in the last 30 years. And it took the AD 3 years too long to fire Fulmer. So fire the coach, don’t fire the coach, it doesn’t seem to make a difference as long as the people making the decisions are incompetent.

To be fair, if Dabo was coach at UT, he would have been run out of town given his record his first few years at Clemson (it wouldn’t have been better at UT in the SEC). 2 weeks ago Jimbo Fisher was a dog**** coach, now he’s not. 4 weeks ago Leach was the second coming and now he’s dog****. Step away from the ledge.....

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Butch Jones faced the same situation when he got here and by year 3 that team was far better than this one in year 3. I can't stand Butch, but facts are facts

Last edited:

Kiffin didn’t want the job and left before the ink was dry on his contract when a better job came up. Dooley shouldn’t have been hired in the first place as well as Jones. Before all that we had had 2 HC in the last 30 years. And it took the AD 3 years too long to fire Fulmer. So fire the coach, don’t fire the coach, it doesn’t seem to make a difference as long as the people making the decisions are incompetent.

To be fair, if Dabo was coach at UT, he would have been run out of town given his record his first few years at Clemson (it wouldn’t have been better at UT in the SEC). 2 weeks ago Jimbo Fisher was a dog**** coach, now he’s not. 4 weeks ago Leach was the second coming and now he’s dog****. Step away from the ledge.....

There is a lot to complain about re: Pruitt, but come on. A coward? That's not fair.

Honestly, yesterday was an odd game. It seemed more like both sides approached it as a scrimmage moreso than the Third Saturday.

We didn't really see Bama's fastball most of the game and we saw some weird stuff from us. Neither team looked particularly jacked to be out there. Bama's RB and QB looked bored on the bench and I saw the same from some of our players. Almost like both teams were going through the motions for large parts of the game.

He quit on this team with this weak pathetic game plan designed to protect/hide JG by running the ball including multiple third and longs and play defense.
Refused to take shots down the field when it mattered. Didn’t throw down field at all until we were down 21-3.

You can’t say JG gives you the best chance to win and then come out with this weak scared game plan.
If we came out swinging and trying to win and lost then so be it, but I didn’t expect to see him quit on his team.

He wasn’t hired and paid millions to quit on his team but that’s what he did todsy

I agree but his game plan sucked to keep it close. Why try a hurry up offense when you are just trying to keep it close. Run the play clock down and hope you catch a break or two and keep it close. If we are within one score in the 4th quarter anything can happen. See Kiffin’s game plan when he was here.

I believe that it is CHANEY--the world's most overpaid, over-rated, worthless OC in the NCAA--who develops our offensive game plan!!!

I’m sorry. Did someone expect something different to happen today? I mean. Given what we all know and have seen. If you expected not this- you’re delusional.

Is it okay? No. Is it what I expected? Ayup.
It is not delusional to believe the team will try to get first downs on third and long. According to the show Crompton is on we ran 9 times in those situations.

VN Store

Back