Country music thread

If you’re a fan of Tritt this is a must listen. Not much that you wouldn’t have already known, but it’s really a fun listen.

I can't even. I just can't.

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/turnpike-troubadours-side-project-rc-the-ambers-ready-album/

Then when asked if he had any news on the Turnpike Troubadours proper to share, Hank Early responded, “Wish I could give you some good news, but I’ve been told not to share any details about all the good news I’d love to share.” So stay tuned on that. Last weekend Turnpike front man Evan Felker showed up in Texas playing many Turnpike songs at a benefit with The Teague Brothers backing him up.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Big Daddy Felker.

Also, from reddit, which is as reliable as the football forum, Ryan has stepped away from Reckless as a Turnpike record is in the works.

May be ********, may not be. If it's true hopefully Jeff Crosby takes his place.

And Turnpike Forever.

Reactions: volfanbill
Very underrated song. As good as the "hits" are everything he's done has been amazing, even from the Bossier City record. Reckon he couldn't have named her Ole Jim.
Loved the piece in the book about how the great thing about Turnpike is that any song from any album might get played at a Turnpike show and, even crazier, the fans will know every word to every song. Most bands might release ONE album that has favorites from beginning to end or that can be played from beginning to end over and over. Turnpike does it album after album.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
As I've aged I've loved Townes more and more, and he's had tons of covers.

But Pat and Natalie doing Snowin' on Raton is a better cover than Willie and Merles Pancho and Lefty. Just my 2 cents.

Bill, my best buddy from 2/3ACR signed his clearing papers Friday, lots of props for you guys who stay. Had less than nice passing thoughts about the current army.7

Reactions: volfanbill
As I've aged I've loved Townes more and more, and he's had tons of covers.

But Pat and Natalie doing Snowin' on Raton is a better cover than Willie and Merles Pancho and Lefty. Just my 2 cents.

Bill, my best buddy from 2/3ACR signed his clearing papers Friday, lots of props for you guys who stay. Had less than nice passing thoughts about the current army.7
My roommate in DC likes country, but not a die hard fan. However, he loves Townes. And I’ve always loved Pat and Natalie’s cover. Played it for someone here at recruiting school this past week.

I don’t know what it was like when you were in, so I can’t say. I’ve been blessed with an MOS that shields me from a lot of the dumb. There’s no way I could work a line unit or anything “big army”. I don’t even know how I’m going to manage 3 years suffering as a recruiter.

If you’re a fan of Tritt this is a must listen. Not much that you wouldn’t have already known, but it’s really a fun listen.

This was something back when there was a feud between Billy Ray and Travis Tritt, and Billy won the award and at the end of his speech he said...."Here's a quarter, call someone who cares" and
you know that was meant for Travis who was in the audience.

I can’t lie, I was worried that the last album would be an outlier and that he would go back to his “Kinda Don’t Care” album (which still had one or two good songs” but I’m loving the sound on this. Kinda gives me a Wade Hayes vibe.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
About passed on this at McKay’s, but for 50 cents I just couldn’t. Glad I didn’t. This is really, really good.

Attachments

• ED0EE81B-3306-4D32-9F18-1DD4087A2933.jpeg
    ED0EE81B-3306-4D32-9F18-1DD4087A2933.jpeg
    817.2 KB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back