Country music thread

Jinks killed it tonight. Got to hear one of the songs from the new record that’s coming out in October.

Attachments

• E7BA7140-D76A-4026-971D-DC098B592229.jpeg
    E7BA7140-D76A-4026-971D-DC098B592229.jpeg
    883 KB · Views: 1
I’ve just not been listening a lot lately. Keep going back to my other loves.

Carbon Leaf, Pearl Jam, 90s rock, Allman Bros, James Taylor, DMB. I’ll listen to a couple songs maybe, but no lasting power

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Anyone listened to “country squire” yet? Just finished it, and that’s a masterpiece. The only thing that would keep it from being 10/10 is that I wish it had maybe one or two more songs. Which, I understand why it doesn’t.

Anyone listened to “country squire” yet? Just finished it, and that’s a masterpiece. The only thing that would keep it from being 10/10 is that I wish it had maybe one or two more songs. Which, I understand why it doesn’t.
First half on the way to work. Really great, but I had already heard over half the songs between YouTube, live shows, and the singles. Since you mentioned it, why so few songs?

First half on the way to work. Really great, but I had already heard over half the songs between YouTube, live shows, and the singles. Since you mentioned it, why so few songs?
No clue. I guess his catalog is so deep he wants to keep them for the future.

You’re right - it’s a masterpiece. “Time” didn’t make it on there and that’s disappointing.

Also, Tyler Childers successfully released a song about jacking off and made it feel like something meaningful.

You guys like it more than "Purgatory?"
I wasn’t in the conversation before now but I’ll butt in anyway. Technically speaking Purgatory wasn’t his first album but in a lot of ways it definitely felt like it, and it’s hard for anyone to ever beat their first one. Although I knew a lot of the songs it was different to hear them with the production value and skill that Sturgill brought to the equation.

I don’t think Country Squire is as good as Purgatory but it is as good of a follow up album as I could imagine.

I don’t think Country Squire is as good as Purgatory but it is as good of a follow up album as I could imagine.

I'd say the same. With two years of listening under my belt, I firmly believe that Purgatory is one of the best "country" albums ever made -- not a single forgettable song, production that matches the subject matter, very diverse, and brilliantly lucid storytelling.

That said, Bus Route and Country Squire are both in my short list of favorite Childers tunes

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

VN Store

Back