Could you imagine Manning as a Gator?

VolForLife83

Spurrier being Spurrier.

"Well, he was very interested for a while," said Spurrier. "And he and his dad came, I think it was the spring game or something, and he admitted that the way we threw the ball around was, you know, best for him. But then the opportunity, it was better at Tennessee because Danny (Wuerffel) and Eric Kresser were here. So, in hindsight, we're all glad he went to Tennessee."

"But they they only lost about three conference games during his time (at Tennessee), all to us," said Spurrier. "They beat everyone else."

AtoZ with a hard hitting story that everybody knew 20 years ago.
I actually didn't know this. I was just a pup when he was being recruited. From all the documentaries of him Ive watched, it seemed like us or Ole Miss

Spurrier being Spurrier.

"Well, he was very interested for a while," said Spurrier. "And he and his dad came, I think it was the spring game or something, and he admitted that the way we threw the ball around was, you know, best for him. But then the opportunity, it was better at Tennessee because Danny (Wuerffel) and Eric Kresser were here. So, in hindsight, we're all glad he went to Tennessee."

"But they they only lost about three conference games during his time (at Tennessee), all to us," said Spurrier. "They beat everyone else."

Spurrier is still butt hurt about not being offered by Tennessee. God ole Johnson City boy ain't wanted by his home school.

I actually didn't know this. I was just a pup when he was being recruited. From all the documentaries of him Ive watched, it seemed like us or Ole Miss
Pretty sure Ole Miss got eliminated fairly quickly. He didn't want to deal with the instant Archie comparisons and pretty much everybody knew that Ole Miss was about to get smacked with probation by the NCAA. If I remember right, the last 2 standing were us and Florida and pretty much everybody else that mattered had offered.

Ole Miss had no chance after Copper was forced to give up football because of spinal stenosis. If that hadn’t occurred then Manning would have most likely ended up in Oxford. After they were eliminated from contention, it was Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, and A&M.

Spurrier and Weurfel lucked out getting a rematch against Free Shoe U in 96 after losing to them. If Peyton got that opportunity for a rematch against swampy in 95, 96, or 97 we win.

Spurrier just sore his best nfl qb was Rex Grossman.

Reactions: GoBigOrange2008
Spurrier being Spurrier.

Go wash your mouth out with cheap scotch.

Ole Miss had no chance after Copper was forced to give up football because of spinal stenosis. If that hadn’t occurred then Manning would have most likely ended up in Oxford. After they were eliminated from contention, it was Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, and A&M.
LOL. Imagine Brady backing up Manning? Now that's a decent QB room. 😀

Lazy Tuesday so throw out thread title that didn't happen.....I know "What If?" jeepers this is second Jethro Tull (Tull is fine)song on site today...."Living In The Past" What if we didn't play futbol and were a Lacrosse school?..... The insanity is endless(apparently).....

I just saw the HBC video where this thread probably began…

While a student, I did (unfortunately) get to see Spurrier’s Blue Devil’s beat our VOLS in 1988 (at Neyland).. Ugg. I also remember vividly the Gators having beat us many times in the 2000’s and 2010’s even when we had a better team. Like another post a few days ago, UGA has taken over as my second most hated rival (Bama is #1) based on their over the top obnoxious fans.

As far as the HBC, I gotta respect him… especially since he was from East Tennessee. The video is a bit of a parallel to his own choosing to play for the gators over our VOLS long ago… he wanted to be a VOL growing up but the opportunity at Florida was better than Rocky Top at that time. Imagine a Heisman-winning Spurrier wearing Pantone 151!

Go VOLS!

The Ole Ball Sack and Wee Little Lane are like two old, divorced wives.

Simply jelli of our hot sleek 40+ ppg offense featuring Nico..

I just saw the HBC video where this thread probably began…

While a student, I did (unfortunately) get to see Spurrier’s Blue Devil’s beat our VOLS in 1988 (at Neyland).. Ugg. I also remember vividly the Gators having beat us many times in the 2000’s and 2010’s even when we had a better team. Like another post a few days ago, UGA has taken over as my second most hated rival (Bama is #1) based on their over the top obnoxious fans.

As far as the HBC, I gotta respect him… especially since he was from East Tennessee. The video is a bit of a parallel to his own choosing to play for the gators over our VOLS long ago… he wanted to be a VOL growing up but the opportunity at Florida was better than Rocky Top at that time. Imagine a Heisman-winning Spurrier wearing Pantone 151!

Go VOLS!

Regardless of where he's from or played or coached I like the guy. IMO he was not only a good coach, he was entertaining.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back