Could we beat Kansas?

Could we beat Kansas?

• Total voters

ScreaminVolHawkins

If we had won the east, after watching Kansas last night and what they did to NC, does anyone think that we could have beaten them? Memphis has somewhat of a similar style of play as UT and played Kansas well, but could UT beat Kansas this year? Personally, I think they are too quick and would have had a field day stealing the ball from some of our sloppier players but when Lofton is hot anything can happen.

Actually i thought Memphis played poorly but that could have had something to do with Kansas.

And no I don't believe we could beat Kansas...KU would cause our guards to turn it over 20 plus times.

Actually i thought Memphis played poorly but that could have had something to do with Kansas.

And no I don't believe we could beat Kansas...KU would cause our guards to turn it over 20 plus times.
And they'd hammer us inside.

I think the better question is "would." I mean, of course you "can." You did in fact beat Memphis, though if I were asked the question whether in the final you would have beaten them the way they played I'd say no just because they looked tons better than when you played them.

I think the better question is "would." I mean, of course you "can." You did in fact beat Memphis, though if I were asked the question whether in the final you would have beaten them the way they played I'd say no just because they looked tons better than when you played them.
I agree

I think Kansas would have killed us on the boards. We get crushed at the PG spot.

Not like they played last night, they would have beaten us the same way they beat Memphis, by causing turnovers and pounding us inside.

sorry...for our slower conference comrades: would we beat kansas if we had played them in the final four game of ncaa mens college basketball tournament?

I was very impressed by the physicality of both teams. Some serious NBA talent in those ranks.

BTW, how did this poll get so lopsided towards the Jayhawks?? Kansas is a great team, but give us a little credit. I find it hard to believe 99% of people think we couldn't beat Kansas.

BTW, how did this poll get so lopsided towards the Jayhawks?? Kansas is a great team, but give us a little credit. I find it hard to believe 99% of people think we couldn't beat Kansas.

a certain mod likes to play with polls :)

I'm still trying to figure out how we out rebounded Memphis by 15 rebounds.:crazy:

I have said since the season began that Kansas would beat Tennessee 99 times out of 100.

That's not a knock on Tennessee either, Kansas just has the horses to beat us.

If we had won the east, after watching Kansas last night and what they did to NC, does anyone think that we could have beaten them? Memphis has somewhat of a similar style of play as UT and played Kansas well, but could UT beat Kansas this year? Personally, I think they are too quick and would have had a field day stealing the ball from some of our sloppier players but when Lofton is hot anything can happen.

UT wasn't even remotely close to winning the East, so even thinking about Kansas is ridiculous. :eek:lol:

You gotta have some sympathy for the Memphis players, though they controlled their destiny there. They obviously thought they had the game won, then their free throw shooting let them down again, and then Kansas hits a great shot to tie it up. Memphis' collective head never back in it.

Just a terrific game. Certainly much better than the FF games and most of the games throughout, really.

You gotta have some sympathy for the Memphis players, though they controlled their destiny there. They obviously thought they had the game won, then their free throw shooting let them down again, and then Kansas hits a great shot to tie it up. Memphis' collective head never back in it.

Just a terrific game. Certainly much better than the FF games and most of the games throughout, really.

You gotta have sympathy for Memphis? Why? They've sucked at free throws all year long, and they were unbelievably smug about declaring during the tournament that "they hit their free throws when they count". Well, no you don't! Hitting a high free throw percentage in a bunch of blow-out wins early in the tournament does NOT mean that you hit your free throws when they count. It means that you hit your free throws when there is no pressure on you to do so. When the pressure was there, Memphis folded.

VN Store

Back