Could this team........

jhunter11

Could this team win 30 games.The way they are playing I think they could.The only challenging games I think are @UConn and @UK and possibly @Vandy but other than that I dont see any other games that we could lose to.Thoughts and games you think we will possibly lose and predictions.:loco:

Remember that Pearl is suspended for 8 games in SEC play. Anything can happen ordinarily in SEC play, add this to it and it's a tough stretch.

If we shoot from behind the arc and play defense every game like we did today, we shouldn't lose a single game. There will be the occasional let down, and we won't shoot the lights out like that every night, but this is a very good basketball team.

I'll be shocked (pleasantly) if we don't lose at least 5 games. The good news is that I now know we can play with and beat anyone in the country on any given night on a neutral court. That is what is important and all you can ask for come March.:loco:

Capable, yes. However, when you say the only "challenging games" and you only mention 3 games? You sir are delusional, there will be plenty more games where the Vols are tested.

Could this team win 30 games.The way they are playing I think they could.The only challenging games I think are @UConn and @UK and possibly @Vandy but other than that I dont see any other games that we could lose to.Thoughts and games you think we will possibly lose and predictions.:loco:
This team is significantly better than '07-'08. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them win more games.

This team is significantly better than '07-'08. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them win more games.

Hat, would you consider us an elite team right now? After the dismantling of Pitt, it's hard to say we're not.

I worry about Georgia as well. They presented matchup problems for us last year, and I don't know that they've gone away.

But this is the best UT basketball team I've ever seen. The '07-08 team was a top ten team that seemed to get on timely streaks that propelled it to #1 but was also susceptible to really bad nights. This team is making it on defense, and defense is sustainable.

Tennessee is as good as anyone in the country right now.

Duke and Ohio State included? I haven't watched either of them yet this year, but their resumes look strong.

That's just insane, after graduating the top three producers from last year. But Scotty and Melvin have really stepped up, and Tobias is as advertised.

Duke and Ohio State included? I haven't watched either of them yet this year, but their resumes look strong.

That's just insane, after graduating the top three producers from last year. But Scotty and Melvin have really stepped up, and Tobias is as advertised.
Duke may not get Kyrie Irving back and I'm still not sold on Ohio State.

Maybe, this team is a top 5 team in the nation right now though.

Top 5 maybe but no lower than 7th. Even though Bruce is out for the first 8 SEC games, I think the Vols will still do well. THe toughest games are Vandy, Kentucky and Florida. If the Vols can split with UK and beat the Commodores and Gators twice, I see the Vols losing no more than 3-4 games in the SEC. Can this team be as good as the team that made the elite 8 a few years back when the Vols were 35-5?
I think the Vols can get close to 30 wins. Wait until February and see where the Vols are and then we can make predictions better.:salute:
Once a Vol fan, Always a Vol fan!:dance2::thumbsup:

If we stay healthy and keep up this level of defensive intensity, we're going to have an excellent seed (no lower than 3) and we're going to be a VERY tough out for anyone in March, Duke and Ohio State included.

i think so. And if we beat UCONN then we would have to be in the conversation for top 3

Duke may not get Kyrie Irving back and I'm still not sold on Ohio State.

Tennessee is better than Ohio State. Ohio State might finish the season at #2, but right now that ranking doesn't match how good they are. There are a few teams that could beat them right now - including Tennessee.

Need 32 to break the record. But.... They are all a challenge. I know we are just fans...but let's worry about Oakland for now. The record will handle itself.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Since Bruce and his teams have done a lot of "firsts," here's to hoping they get a #1 seed.

I think we will go 27-4 in the regular season.

Losses coming in one of these games
@Uconn
@Vandy
@Florida
@Kentucky
@Ole Miss

I think we go undefeated at home.

This team is capable of beating everyone on their schedule. However, it is hard to get up for every game and we don't know how they will handle the 8 game conference suspension of Pearl. I expect this team to lose between 5-7 games. Hope I'm wrong, but tonight should be interesting after the great win over Pitt.

VN Store

Back