Could this be the biggest upset in Neyland...

ATL VOLS

I have not spent time researching this but has Tennessee ever beaten a Top 5 team in Neyland when Tennessee was not ranked in the Top 25? If Tennessee can somehow win this game, would it be the biggest upset inside Neyland Stadium? If not, what game was a bigger upset? Just something to think about...

On another note, as a Tennessee fan who is 27 years old, I can't remember a time when I have had any more doubt on the Vols ability to win going into Florida week. I hope I am proven wrong. Honestly, I wish we were playing at the Swamp, seems in the past we play better on the road as underdogs.

Go VOLS!

Haha, on the road as underdogs :)

I hope we beat them... baddddly. I'd like to honestly run away with it, and when we are up 20 or so, bust a huge run and just pimp it out.

Not a prediction, just hopeful.

I have not spent time researching this but has Tennessee ever beaten a Top 5 team in Neyland when Tennessee was not ranked in the Top 25? If Tennessee can somehow win this game, would it be the biggest upset inside Neyland Stadium? If not, what game was a bigger upset? Just something to think about...

On another note, as a Tennessee fan who is 27 years old, I can't remember a time when I have had any more doubt on the Vols ability to win going into Florida week. I hope I am proven wrong. Honestly, I wish we were playing at the Swamp, seems in the past we play better on the road as underdogs.

Go VOLS!

how about the last ten years???

this is the year i honestly feel the worst about.. any other year i feel we have a chance.. this year i feel we are lucky to not get blown out

Go VOLS!

I just don't think a 8 point underdog would be considered a HUGE upset. IMO

A win this weekend probably wouldn't even register in the Top 10 home upsets. We had quite a number in the '80s.

In recent history (at least the last 13 years):
2007 Unranked Tennessee beats #12 Georgia at home
2007 Unranked Tennessee beats #15 Carolina at home
2000 Unranked Tennessee beats #18 Carolina at home

A win this weekend probably wouldn't even register in the Top 10 home upsets. We had quite a number in the '80s.

huh? Florida is a top 5 team; we're unranked.

Considering any USCe wins a big upset just sort of goes against the grain for me.

USC lite should never be an upset.

It shouldn't be this way at tennessee. We should all be thinking in a different state of mind. It pisses me off that we all have to hope for a miracle to beat florida. If it happens and we get clowned out of neyland i'll just puke.

Defensively we should be better prepared for UF. Offensively...not so much. We will have a better chance to beat UF when Little Timmy leaves Gainesville.

I don't think I can remember a Florida week where Vol fans were so unenthusiastic about the game. We have 20k empties for the home opener and now you can't hardly get rid of tickets for face value to this game.

Its one thing to lose games and get frustrated, but its another when the upper deck is 1/2 empty. I don't know if its economics or just being frustrated with the program, but Phil needs this win or he could be in deep .....

I don't think I can remember a Florida week where Vol fans were so unenthusiastic about the game. We have 20k empties for the home opener and now you can't hardly get rid of tickets for face value to this game.

Its one thing to lose games and get frustrated, but its another when the upper deck is 1/2 empty. I don't know if its economics or just being frustrated with the program, but Phil needs this win or he could be in deep .....
You would think. But i believe with much regret that is just wishful thinking.

maybe they need to see a half-empty stadium for what used to be THE game of the season before their realize just how much we've declined.

there's a sad quality about a lot of "greats" in sports. they live on the momories and don't know when it's time to move on. Phil is a GREAT man, and a GREAT football coach, but a little dose of humility and he'd recognize that he's no longer great for Tennessee.

sigh, wishful thinking. he won't leave, i know. but maybe it'll be a good reality check anyway.

wonder what it takes to get him out of the game....and if we have it....:question:

:superman: You can't hurt the man of steel. Seriously, I hope that was said in jest, I have never wished for any player to be injured, just try and beat him, wouldn't that be more rewarding anyway?

:superman: You can't hurt the man of steel. Seriously, I hope that was said in jest, I have never wished for any player to be injured, just try and beat him, wouldn't that be more rewarding anyway?

not badly. i just wouldn't mind seeing some fat lineman booty on his head. you know, just enough to get him dizzy for a couple hours.:p

maybe they need to see a half-empty stadium for what used to be THE game of the season before their realize just how much we've declined.

there's a sad quality about a lot of "greats" in sports. they live on the momories and don't know when it's time to move on. Phil is a GREAT man, and a GREAT football coach, but a little dose of humility and he'd recognize that he's no longer great for Tennessee.

sigh, wishful thinking. he won't leave, i know. but maybe it'll be a good reality check anyway.

you go bat-stuff crazy over :mamba: but have no issue making fat jokes? Nevermind, I'm not surprised

not badly. i just wouldn't mind seeing some fat lineman booty on his head. you know, just enough to get him dizzy for a couple hours.:p

Contrary to what some of our players have said, TT was on the news last night talking about how excited he was to play in Neyland and playing UT. He grew up a UF fan and knows the history of the rivalry, whereas most of our players do not. I love this game and this rivalry, and if there was only one game a year I could attend, this would be it.

last i checked, obesity was not an immutable quality, nor has anyone ever gotten lynched for being fat.

For some obesity is just that but it wouldn't fit your agenda. And yes, I forgot about the multiple Aborigine lynching of '64. My bad

VN Store

Back