Could it be Chaney?

I just overheard some bigwigs talking at the table next to me at Olive Garden, said "both are headed to Knoxville right now". I don't know who they were talking about, but I thought it was interesting.
Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. But this Twitter rumor is everywhere. Everybody down here is asking me about it. It's crazy how a lot of fans turned on Chaney.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
I just overheard some bigwigs talking at the table next to me at Olive Garden, said "both are headed to Knoxville right now". I don't know who they were talking about, but I thought it was interesting.

Maybe they were just reading VN on their phones. Not sure why they were wearing big wigs though.

Are you being serious or seriously facetious?

Reactions: 08Vol and Behr
But, are they drinking scotch

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Jay Nichols Sports
@JayNich41723000
Sources say deal with Jim Chaney is in the works. Expect an announcement next week. Chaney also bringing Sam Pittman with him. Huge snag for Pruitt.

7:44 PM - Jan 6, 2019

Now this was at 7:44 pm last night.

Chaney and Pittman are showing up on a lot....well on all the other boards.

Jay Nichols Sports
@JayNich41723000
Sources say deal with Jim Chaney is in the works. Expect an announcement next week. Chaney also bringing Sam Pittman with him. Huge snag for Pruitt.

I think the consensus here is that Jay Nichols Sports is totes legit.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. But this Twitter rumor is everywhere. Everybody down here is asking me about it. It's crazy how a lot of fans turned on Chaney.
What's the twitter rumor that you are referencing?

How big were their wigs?

So, what would compel Chaney to leave a title contending team for UT? Other than history with the program (different coach)?
Did he ever sell his home in K'ville? I think I heard at one point since he left that they kept it because they like living in TN.

Otherwise, maybe he doesn't like Smart. Maybe he doesn't like the AD. Maybe he doesn't like Athens. There are lots of reasons that could factor in... plus money.

Reactions: Thall17
Because I think it's gonna take at least another 2 years to get the OL fixed. Besides, how many teams in the SEC field a top 25 offense?
Right OC could have UT in the SEC's top 5 in both scoring O and total O within 2 years. A ton does depend on both recruiting and developing OL's. The guys who played this year need to get big... or be replaced. At one time, you couldn't win with Fr OL's. That's no longer the case for all of them.

Jay Nichols Sports
@JayNich41723000

Now this was at 7:44 pm last night.
Hmm why wait until next week to announce?

VN Store

Back