Could Hurricane Michael affect the @ Auburn game?

VoLunTiTan7

This thing is a CAT 4 and I know Auburn is not directly in the suspected path, but it is awful close.

It's very fast moving, so weather wise probably not. Logistically it might in terms of rooms and such it might

It's very fast moving, so weather wise probably not. Logistically it might in terms of rooms and such it might
this. and while that storm is way stronger at land fall than florence, the good news is it's not going to hang out for 3 days.

Reactions: volfannbama
Once on land it is going to race northeast. It will be a nice day in auburn on Saturday. It's already starting to pivot northeast and is also forecast to significantly lose strength once it makes landfall. It's not going to be anywhere near auburn, Micheal is going to head across Georgia at a pretty good clip. GBO!!!!!

By Saturday, the storm will be far off the east coast of Canada, out in the North Atlantic.

Any effect on our game Saturday will be in ground that's still soggy. But probably not even that, as there will probably be plenty of time for it all to dry out.

Reactions: feathersax
Unless the storm stays on the far western edge of the cone and impacts AL more than currently anticipated, then No impact to the game. Auburn is not in direct line but Dothan, Ozark, Troy, Enterprise could be more in play and that would take away LEO resources that would normally be used for games. The 11AM start time helps as well.

It impacts me since I was supposed to stay at the beach until Friday and drive to Montgomery Friday night to go to game Saturday morning. I finally wussed out (or smarted up since I left late last night)

Reactions: feathersax
My crazy nephew, who has a six yr. old by the way, did not leave his condo in Panneymall City until 5am today.

This thing is a CAT 4 and I know Auburn is not directly in the suspected path, but it is awful close.
No, center will travel east of Auburn. In fact, it is shown to go slightly south of Atlanta. Will be clear and cool and wet on the field for Saturday.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Really it is not going to be close to a cat 4 in several more hours it will weaken a bunch and is headed toward Georgia the cold from coming from the plains is going to push it east. It will not effect auburn much at all except maybe some rain today and tomorrow. GBO!

Remember that time when you said you don’t bash JG, you just respond to his defenders. Lol
I said I didnt bash him in one of the many threads you get butthurt about. This is tongue in cheek. Lighten up Francis.

But I do look forward to your in depth completion % analysis and JG improvement after the loss on Saturday.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back